Newcastle enter Taylor race..

Scottish Mag

So while we are talking about transfers, how much money do people think we have to spend? Hasn't Shepherd said we have fuck all unless we sell, but selling is now difficult because the squad is paper thin (not that many players we would be willing to sell would fetch much anyway). Given the information in the Finances thread, does anyone seriously think buying Barton is a realistic prospect?

I'd be against it anyway, because the guy is a complete prick, and is unlikely to be a cohesive force in the dressing room. I mean, it was less than a year ago he was stubbing cigarettes out on junior players and 99% of this forum were calling him worse than shit, even connecting him somehow with his brother (must run in the family etc).  :lol:

81624[/snapback]

Link?

81628[/snapback]

Link to what?

81629[/snapback]

In bold. I can't remember him even being discussed on here?

So while we are talking about transfers, how much money do people think we have to spend? Hasn't Shepherd said we have fuck all unless we sell, but selling is now difficult because the squad is paper thin (not that many players we would be willing to sell would fetch much anyway). Given the information in the Finances thread, does anyone seriously think buying Barton is a realistic prospect?

I'd be against it anyway, because the guy is a complete prick, and is unlikely to be a cohesive force in the dressing room. I mean, it was less than a year ago he was stubbing cigarettes out on junior players and 99% of this forum were calling him worse than shit, even connecting him somehow with his brother (must run in the family etc).  :mellow:

81624[/snapback]

Link?

81628[/snapback]

Link to what?

81629[/snapback]

81632[/snapback]

For once I think Renton is right. :lol: It was when his brother was getting done for that axe murder, and not long after Barton had chinned a 14 year old on Man City's pre-season training trip. It was actually a youth player's eye he put the cigarette out on too - sounds like a canny lad tbh.

I'd be against it anyway, because the guy is a complete prick, and is unlikely to be a cohesive force in the dressing room. I mean, it was less than a year ago he was stubbing cigarettes out on junior players and 99% of this forum were calling him worse than shit, even connecting him somehow with his brother (must run in the family etc).  :mellow:

81624[/snapback]

Link?

81628[/snapback]

Link to what?

81629[/snapback]

81632[/snapback]

What do you want, links to news reports of the incident (I suggest google :lol:) or do you expect me to trawl through old threads looking to see if we discussed it? I haven't got a perfect memory, but I do remember Barton has been discussed before in very negative terms, to put it mildly. Actually, it might have been after he assaulted that Everton fan.

Whatever, he's a prick we can well do without. It's not all about ability on the pitch, you have to take other things like personality into account. I would have thought Newcastle fans would know that better than anyone.

I distinctly remember Renton stating something along the lines of it must run in the family (or about nature rather than nurture being suggested - due to them being brought up separately) in relation to Joey Barton and his brother (after his latter was arrested for murder).

I distinctly remember Renton stating something along the lines of it must run in the family (or about nature rather than nurture being suggested - due to them being brought up separately) in relation to Joey Barton and his brother (after his latter was arrested for murder).

81640[/snapback]

I don't, unless it was a throw-away comment, but I suppose I might have :mellow:. I do think they're both pricks though, although his brother is obviously in a different class.

Link? :lol:

81640[/snapback]

I don't, unless it was a throw-away comment, but I suppose I might have :mellow:. I do think they're both pricks though, although his brother is obviously in a different class.

81642[/snapback]

Click here tbh

:huh:

I have to agree with Renton about Barton. After all of the bother we have had with players in recent years I would be very sceptical about us buying someone with his record. And I would be surprised to see anyone who has argued the case for getting rid of Bellamy wanting to see Barton here.

Has anyone actaully seen something which is linking us to Barton? All I've seen is what Leazes said on here.

Be handy if we had a link, like... :lol:

81640[/snapback]

I don't, unless it was a throw-away comment, but I suppose I might have :huh:. I do think they're both pricks though, although his brother is obviously in a different class.

81642[/snapback]

Click here tbh

;)

81646[/snapback]

Too much time or superb searching skills, tbh. :mellow:

81640[/snapback]

I don't, unless it was a throw-away comment, but I suppose I might have ;). I do think they're both pricks though, although his brother is obviously in a different class.

81642[/snapback]

Click here tbh

;)

81646[/snapback]

Too much time or superb searching skills, tbh. :mellow:

81661[/snapback]

I just remembered you saying it, it was canny easy to find tbh, searched under 'axe murder' or similar. Too much time though, as you say :huh:

Of for the love of fucking god, I'll give you one guess as to who Taylor's agent is.

81733[/snapback]

Willie McKay then?

81739[/snapback]

Portsmouth have rejected a bid from Fulham for defender Matthew Taylor.

Chris Coleman had been hoping that the 28-year-old might provide the solution for his troublesome left back spot after Pompey revealed that they would consider bids.

Harry Redknapp admitted that he would be loath to see the full back leave Fratton Park, although he later conceded that he may be forced to sacrifice him in order to balance his squad.

But it seems unlikely that Fulham will increase their bid as it is understood that they are close to signing Chelsea's Wayne Bridge on loan instead.

"I never wanted to sell him but there is a good player in Germany who I would have liked to have signed on loan but that isn't going to happen now by the look of it," said Redknapp.

Taylor's agent, Willie McKay, recently revealed that he was talking to half a dozen Premiership clubs - including Wigan and Newcastle - about his client's availability.

Oh joy

Do we ever deal with any other agent?

81740[/snapback]

Well we used to deal with Paul Stretford all the time until it was pointed out that a certain Kenneth Shepherd, son of Freddy, was employed by him... :lol:

Do you think Matt Taylor is gay though, seeing that you should have a better gaydar than the rest of us?  :huh:

81627[/snapback]

:lol: I haven't seen him in action, as it were, often enough to judge. I was about to add that everyone looks reasonably manly on the football pitch, but then Ronaldo, Pires and co. sprang to mind...

Didn't realise Taylor was 28 tbh

81745[/snapback]

Must be a mistake, I'm sure everywhere else has him down as born in 1981. Says something when Sky Sports can't get his age right but Attitude mag can... :mellow:

Do we ever deal with any other agent?

81740[/snapback]

Well we used to deal with Paul Stretford all the time until it was pointed out that a certain Kenneth Shepherd, son of Freddy, was employed by him... :lol:

81748[/snapback]

dont forget the fact that Shepherd, Shearer and Souness are all shareholders in Pro Active. Stretford is a very close pal of Shearers too.