The FA Cup 2014/15

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah come on, it's not like Carver was ever going to win this. Until we have a new manager in, it's pointless to hope for anything. With any luck though, this is ensuring that Carver is replaced sooner rather than later.

You only get dragged into relegation when in cup competitions so we're safe now

/Ashleylogic

I wouldn't be surprised if he picked the team today.

To be fair any fans that travelled to cup games this season are suckers for punishment, they were clearly told last summer that the cups didn't matter to the club and mid-table mediocrity was the aim.

It was a disgrace when that statement came out at the time and it is an even bigger disgrace now, the FA should have fined the club for it. It is almost like borderline throwing the game, and they did exactly that today. If we'd won today Ashley might have to get someone appointed and to strengthen the squad. Now he can look at the 13 or so points we need and keep Carver in till the end of the season. Painful reading isn't it...

Just left the Blyth game. Gutted!

Easily the better team bar a mad 6 minutes. 3 chances to draw in injury time too!! Zigic is the worst pro player I've seen

That include the guy in your avatar?

I'm interested in what kind of a shift did Cabella put in. Guess I'll have to wait until someone who was there posts.

Carver doing great so far, 1 draw, 1 loss to basement teams.

Unfortunately I watched the Gatesheed v Brommies........sad.

I used to love the FA Cup.

Growing up as a young fan in the eighties there was always expectation, even though we were in poor shape as a club.

What can we expect today?

Expect to go out of both domestic cup competitions at the first hurdle.

Expect to lose the Tyne \ Wear derby.

Expect to sell if a player of he shows any true talent.

Expect to challenge for mid table mediocrity year on year.

Expect more Sports Direct banners.

Just left the Blyth game. Gutted!

Easily the better team bar a mad 6 minutes. 3 chances to draw in injury time too!! Zigic is the worst pro player I've seen

Just seen the goals.....we should sign your skipper but I dont think he'd take the lower social status tbh...he spoke well after the game too...

I'm interested in what kind of a shift did Cabella put in. Guess I'll have to wait until someone who was there posts.

Carver doing great so far, 1 draw, 1 loss to basement teams.

Unfortunately I watched the Gatesheed v Brommies........sad.

Kept reading Twitter throughout the game (no CT) but Cabella seemed the only bright player, Anita and Tiote were really sloppy apparently.

Result I expected.

Beginning to think no matter who manages or coaches this group of players, they will get no where. Players, apart from 2 or 3, simply aren't good enough for a Prem League team.

I think Ashley is getting undue criticism about Cup games. He is a business-man first and foremost and in saying that, his interest among other things will be bums on seats, bums on seats provide income so I can't see Ashley not wanting more than just league games to fill the seats and his coffers.

I also think that Ashley has nothing to do with team selection, especially today. I'm inclined to think Carver decided to rest some players prior to our next match, and because of Leicester's lowly position thought he could win with a weakened team. Stupid sod.

When you consider Pardew's continuing dodgy starting line-ups and abysmal substitutions now followed by Carver in the same way, I don't think you can fault Ashley for that but blame him for everything he's fucked-up.