Terrorism

aimaad22

http://www.dawn.com/news/1151203/ttp-militants-storm-peshawar-school-104-killed

Absolutely devastated. I frequently visit the area. Freakin kids man. This after years of confusion about what to do about militancy, rotating between talks and military operations. Until finally a couple of months back a full fledged assault was launched, 'vastly successful' of course. This is in retaliation, has always happened with previous operations. Will reignite the whole debate about whether to talk to them or fight them. You just cant cut off an arm and pretend it wont have an effect.

Horrendous stuff :(

Can't bear to read it - just heard about it on the radio. Those poor babies and parents, Unforgivable.

aimaad22 - can't imagine what it's like being so close to stuff like that. Thoughts are with you and everyone there.

Aye, it's difficult to comprehend how anyone could carry out this sort of atrocity against kids.

Yup, whatever your politics or religion or whatever you have or haven't been promised in the afterlife, lighting up a classroom with gunfire takes a special kind of horrible cunt.

aye, there's something spectacularly wrong with the world when some people get to a place where they think committing this sort of atrocity is a good idea.

the individuals involved must be psychologically deranged. there's simply no justification for it.

Yup, whatever your politics or religion or whatever you have or haven't been promised in the afterlife, lighting up a classroom with gunfire takes a special kind of horrible cunt.

Yup.

You know what really really bothers me? Whats driving these people? What the fuck have we done thats lead to this? It has to be something. Its been years and years of this now, a few retards having their fun once in a while is one thing, but incidents like these sustained over so many years is completely another.

whatever is driving them is just an excuse

I know the people running the show here have not even sat down to think about this. Always addressing the symptoms. Is it surprising then that we seem to have failed in all our attempts to fight 'terrorism' post 9/11? I dont know man. When human life becomes this cheap, we have failed somewhere very spectacularly. Its worth thinking about.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't even begin to understand what the thought process of somebody prepared to murder children in the name of their cause, but I'm sure it's got very little to do with religion. I would like to think that a divine being would have a special place in hell reserved for these hideous bastards. Id like to believe that some small good may come of it but this sort of thing happens too often to suppose it will :(

Absolute cunts man. These sorts surely want a war between the west and Islam. Does the west want it?

These fundamentalists have nothing to lose. They live, they live. They die, they get loads of virgins.

Troubling news but France has to stand strong against this. It'd send a very worrying message if this magazine isn't up and running again in a few days, and could potentially encourage further attacks.

The editor-in-chief of Charlie Hebdo, Stephane Charbonnier, known as Charb, has reportedly been killed in the attack, judicial sources tell Agence France Presse.