Terrorism

aimaad22

http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2013-05-01/non-muslims-carried-out-more-90-all-terrorist-attacks-us-soil

'The START Global Terrorism Database spans from 1970 through 2012 (and will be updated from year-to-year), and – as of this writing – includes 104,000 terrorist incidents. As such, it is the most comprehensive open-source database open to the public.

We counted up the number of terrorist attacks carried out by Muslims. We excluded attacks by groups which are obviously not Muslims, such as the Ku Klux Klan, Medellin Drug Cartel, Irish Republican Army, Anti-Castro Group, Mormon extremists, Vietnamese Organization to Exterminate Communists and Restore the Nation, Jewish Defense League, May 19 Communist Order, Chicano Liberation Front, Jewish Armed Resistance, American Indian Movement, Gay Liberation Front, Aryan Nation, Jewish Action Movement, National Front for the Liberation of Cuba, or Fourth Reich Skinheads.

We counted attacks by Al Qaeda, the Taliban, Black American Moslems, or anyone who even remotely sounded Muslim … for example anyone from Palestine, Lebanon or any other Arab or Muslim country, or any name including anything sounding remotely Arabic or Indonesian (like “Al” anything or “Jamaat” anything).

If we weren’t sure what the person’s affiliation was, we looked up the name of the group to determine whether it could in any way be connected to Muslims.

Based on our review of the approximately 2,400 terrorist attacks on U.S. soil contained within the START database, we determined that approximately 60 were carried out by Muslims.

In other words, approximately 2.5% of all terrorist attacks on U.S. soil between 1970 and 2012 were carried out by Muslims.* This is a tiny proportion of all attacks.'

Edited by Park Life

I'm not sure these terrorists have any kind of grand plan - I suspect they're just very angry and very warped in their thinking. These guys can't have thought an attack on Charlie Hebdo would precipitate any kind of global response against islam (it's not large enough for that, although I daresay France will crack down further on Islamists in their country), nor is the newspaper any kind of strategic target. They were angry at it for depicting their prophet, and killed everyone there in order to 'avenge' him.

No strategy, no plan, just anger and hate.

Maybe there is no message and motive other than to carry out the proscribed punishment for those who insult the prophet.

It's like the Westboro Baptists - the argument is they aren't true to their faith but I'm afraid if you actually read the holy books they pretty much are and its the namby pamby modern reasonable Christians/Muslims who are heretics.

"An attack on freedom of speech"....If you put a poster up at your desk with one of the Charlie cartoons on it taking the piss out of someone's religion I think you'd be soon having a sharp chat with your manager/ HR...I can plainly see the difference to a certain extent, but it amounts to " you've got freedom of speech, but not when it might interfere with making money" which is a pretty strange concept iyam.

"An attack on freedom of speech"....If you put a poster up at your desk with one of the Charlie cartoons on it taking the piss out of someone's religion I think you'd be soon having a sharp chat with your manager/ HR...I can plainly see the difference to a certain extent, but it amounts to " you've got freedom of speech, but not when it might interfere with making money" which is a pretty strange concept iyam.

Its a hard one for me as I think going out of your way to insult someone is daft but at the same time I think you should be able to in the right context.

I think sites like Jesus and Mo should be allowed but as you say someone printing one out and sticking it on a wall is going too far.

I suppose the average Muslim isn't going to read a magazine like this so in a way they're just playing up to their market but that obviously shouldn't mean retribution like this if Muslims are "directed" to them by shit stirrers as happened with the Danish cartoons.

UsBtpAN.jpg

Streets of Paris last night apparently.

Thats class. This is one of the things I admire about the west. If you cant get together and send out a message when something like this happens, you're screwed.

50 000 dead here over the last decade or so and nobody's really fussed.

I think this might explain to a great extent:

https://m.facebook.com/GeorgeGallowayMP/posts/10152998504250797

If we control our governments' behaviour then will Islam control its extremists' behaviour? I don't think either are possible as the distances between the masses and those with power or motivation are so great. So we're fucked.

Edited by trophyshy