Terrorism

aimaad22

Isis said 'just wait', in one of their sickening propaganda videos, didn't they? they warned that thousands of their operatives had been smuggled into western nations – hidden amongst innocent refugees.

Isis said 'just wait', in one of their sickening propaganda videos, didn't they? they warned that thousands of their operatives had been smuggled into western nations hidden amongst innocent refugees.

It may be bullshit but is it plausible? And even if not, each one of these individual incidents has the potential to fuel an anti-immigrant backlash. Merkel's words of welcome weren't very clever imo. May even have contributed to Brexit. Fuck knows what the solution is now.

None of those groups blow themselves up though do they? I suppose you might want to argue he's a stray Tamil tiger or a lost kamikaze....... :D

Being serious, do you think his Syrian refugee status is a concern?

It's a numbers game really. If there's a continuous stream of attacks then at some point society will demand some sort of action. I would think however that it would have to be a pretty high number to tip it from the usual right wing protests to something more mainstream. No idea either in such a scenario what that action would be.

Germany of course has had no real attacks as such. Be interested in what your working class Frenchman thinks as they have been hammered.

Then there's Israel I suppose of your extreme closed off society.

There is some data knocking about somewhere reg Germany: Only about 40% are actually from Syria. Also the right to stay in Germany isn't going to be as easy as earlier thought as this latest case shows.

I mean what I saw at the local main train station in Hamburg was 'Carry on Up the Khyber' stuff. All sorts registering, very few with id (I swear some locals have cashed in). :lol:

It was annoying like as its on the way back from the posh supermarket and a couple of times I ended up giving my treats away to tired looking wastrels in the queue.

Edited by Park Life

It's a numbers game really. If there's a continuous stream of attacks then at some point society will demand some sort of action. I would think however that it would have to be a pretty high number to tip it from the usual right wing protests to something more mainstream. No idea either in such a scenario what that action would be.

Germany of course has had no real attacks as such. Be interested in what your working class Frenchman thinks as they have been hammered.

Then there's Israel I suppose of your extreme closed off society.

I have read that a large number of sex attacks (obviously not ISIS inspired) took place when the Germans brought in so many refugees. Much of this was covered up, and now the German police are shutting down groups voicing discontent at this situation. It sounds like populist backlash is being muted to a degree, probably to avoid the situation escalating.

Maybe Parky would have a better idea how true this is, though.

Aside from that, I'm not sure it would take much more for some serious manner of response. Maybe a particularly shocking attack that killed several hundred people? I really don't think we're that far off a severe reaction - I would imagine France is closer than most.

I have read that a large number of sex attacks (obviously not ISIS inspired) took place when the Germans brought in so many refugees. Much of this was covered up, and now the German police are shutting down groups voicing discontent at this situation. It sounds like populist backlash is being muted to a degree, probably to avoid the situation escalating.

Aside from that, I'm not sure it would take much more for some serious manner of response. Maybe a particularly shocking attack that killed several hundred people? I really don't think we're that far off a severe reaction - I would imagine France is closer than most.

I'm not sure it would. 9/11

Then again, if Trump gets in!

Very interesting, Gypsies viewed twice as unfavorably as Muslims in some countries and more unfavorably overall.

Poorly educated people in the uk twice as likely to think that diversity makes things worse than those with more education.

Only 5% believe most Muslims would support ISIS.

Very interesting, Gypsies viewed twice as unfavorably as Muslims in some countries and more unfavorably overall.

Poorly educated people in the uk twice as likely to think that diversity makes things worse than those with more education.

Only 5% believe most Muslims would support ISIS.

Nobody trusts a gypsy

I suppose if you are well educated you are probably moving in circles with well educated immigrants.

I think the last one pretty much goes without saying.

I'm not sure it would. 9/11

Then again, if Trump gets in!

9/11 is going back some way in my political consciousness, but did it follow multiple and sustained low level terror attacks?

Also, was the invasion of Afghanistan not a severe reaction...?

9/11 is going back some way in my political consciousness, but did it follow multiple and sustained low level terror attacks?

Also, was the invasion of Afghanistan not a severe reaction...?

I thought we were talking more about the indigenous populations backlash against Muslims.

Sadly assaults on women have occurred like never before.....(Well if we discount my hair sniffing days). :)

Problem is also here, but we don't know it. Grooming/rape gangs specifically, but hushed up to avoid backlash. Source a blabby polis and corroborated later (co-incidentally) from someone who has a relative who's a child protection officer with Newcastle city council.

That sexual assault in Leazes park which got into the news, much to the horror of police and authorities who kept it quiet, they said, because it would "jeopardize the investigation" but really because it was supposed to be hushed up, tip of the iceberg stuff.

According the official data the number of registered sex offences went down from 2014 to 2015

http://www.bka.de/SharedDocs/Downloads/DE/Publikationen/PolizeilicheKriminalstatistik/2015/pks2015FlyerDeutsch,templateId=raw,property=publicationFile.pdf/pks2015FlyerDeutsch.pdf

New Year's Eve was extraordinary as things went out of hand in Cologne but that was also very much down to poor police tactics.

There have been some serious problems with criminals from Northern Africa for some time (who are to a great extent responsible for the latest cases who made it into the press) but that has little to do with refugees coming from Syria. The main problem is to get rid of them as they have no passports and claim they come from countries that don't take them back.

Edited by Isegrim

:lol:

Nice link you lunatic.

I think we can trust the randoms on Facebook that are mates with coppers who tell them stuff on the quiet to get an overall picture on crime trends better than that gobbledigook.

;)

:lol:

Nice link you lunatic.

I think we can trust the randoms on Facebook that are mates with coppers who tell them stuff on the quiet to get an overall picture on crime trends better than that gobbledigook.

;)

Except if a crime isn't reported it won't show up as a statistic, will it?

Rotherham?