Terrorism

aimaad22

1 hour ago, Anorthernsoul said:

I'm reading this morning that the FBI warned the UK back in January that Abedi was planning an attack, surely they couldn't let this happen?

UK followed up the warning with investigations but came up blank so he dropped down the pecking order.

23,000 angry Muslims on the list and only the funding to watch 3,000 at a time.

On 27/05/2017 at 8:45 PM, Park Life said:

It beggars belief that Saudi financed preachers and Saudi backed Mosques where extremist Wahabi based teachings poison the minds of Muslims as young as 12 are allowed to continue almost unfettered and unchallenged in the UK. Preachers banned in other countries set up shop in the UK like nothing happened. That House of Saud are spending billions on printed material in English and French for distribution around the UK and Europe.

There was that Panorama expose back in 2010 but since them it is rarely discussed in the open media or by politicians the dangerous amounts of money the Saudis have been using to target Muslim Youth in Europe. That this is an ongoing and determined strategy over decades to subvert European Muslims. There is a huge reluctance amongst the Establishment in the UK and across Europe to name Saudi as the epicenter of terrorist networks. What we have is state visits, sword dances and arms sales. :lol:

You have these ridiculous scenarios where groups that are funded, backed and defer to Saudi based clerical doctrine are banned in Saudi. :lol:  That the Muslim Brotherhood funded by Qatar and overseen by clerics wandering around the air conditioned 5 star hotels there are keep it very low key in Qatar. See its alright for them to set fire to other countries and there is plenty of money for that....But they aren't tolerated in the very countries that finance them

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tablighi_Jamaat

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-21/saudi-arabia-funding-extremist-islamist-groups-germany

''They've spent billions on their madrassas'' Christopher Hitchens

Wahhabism and its spinoffs are the primary problem of course. But Trump signed off on a $100 Billion arms deal to counter Iran and Yemen. $100 Billion of arms. That is equivalent to the defence spending of the UK or Japan over 2 years. If it weren't true you would laugh and think it were crazy. Well, no, I'll laugh cynically anyway as you do. :lol:

Internally though, locally born jihadists are born and brainwashed.

It appears that Mi5 knew all about the LIFG (Libyan Islamist Fighting Group) in Manchester and for many years. Al these guys have been under surveillance or had interaction with UK security services. (Mi5 were also warned by American sources and members of the public)

''One British citizen with a Libyan background who was placed on a control order – effectively house arrest – because of fears that he would join militant groups in Iraq said he

was "shocked" that he was able to travel to Libya in 2011 shortly after his control order was lifted.

"I was allowed to go, no questions asked," said the source, who wished to remain anonymous.

He said he had met several other British-Libyans in London who also had control orders lifted in 2011 as the war against Gaddafi intensified, with the UK, France and the US carrying out air strikes and deploying special forces soldiers in support of the rebels.

"They didn't have passports, they were looking for fakes or a way to smuggle themselves across," said the source.

But within days of their control orders being lifted, British authorities returned their passports, he said.

"These were old school LIFG guys, they [the British authorities] knew what they were doing," he said, referring to the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group, an anti-Gaddafi Islamist militant group formed in 1990 by Libyan veterans of the fight against the Soviet Union in Afghanistan.'

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/sorted-mi5-how-uk-government-sent-british-libyans-fight-gaddafi-1219906488

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/may/24/bombers-father-fought-against-gaddafi-regime-with-terrorist-group

7/7 Tanweer and Khan had been watched by Mi5 (Saudi and French sources had warned of the Tube bombings).

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/society/law_order/77+an+intelligence+failure/484032.html

Edited by Park Life

Of course there is another solution to watching (or not) these bloody nut jobs. Bring in Internment and lock them all up, whilst they are detained they can be stripped of there UK Status and peddled onto which ever country will have then. As we are committed to spending a shitload of money on Overseas Aid lets use it to our advantage and give the money to Countries who would like to question a suspected Terrorist.

No doubt the Human Rights lot will kick off but quite frankly who cares as if it stops one suicide bomber then its been worthwhile  

8 minutes ago, Ollie Burtons Grandad said:

Of course there is another solution to watching (or not) these bloody nut jobs. Bring in Internment and lock them all up, whilst they are detained they can be stripped of there UK Status and peddled onto which ever country will have then. As we are committed to spending a shitload of money on Overseas Aid lets use it to our advantage and give the money to Countries who would like to question a suspected Terrorist.

No doubt the Human Rights lot will kick off but quite frankly who cares as if it stops one suicide bomber then its been worthwhile  

Lock all of who up.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ollie Burtons Grandad said:

Because it worked so well in NI. 

Best recruitment driver ever. 

Deport those with dual nationality who can be deported to countries where they have been trained by or fought for Isis or one of their ilk. Lock up the rest with links to radical hate groups. Or tag them or our them on curfew or something. And close down the mosques that are known to preach hate. 

I feel like a right reactionary saying all of this but it's not that extreme is it? 

25 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Deport those with dual nationality who can be deported to countries where they have been trained by or fought for Isis or one of their ilk. Lock up the rest with links to radical hate groups. Or tag them or our them on curfew or something. And close down the mosques that are known to preach hate. 

I feel like a right reactionary saying all of this but it's not that extreme is it? 

Not as long as there is a burden of proof.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Even this morning I found radical preachers on the Didsbury Mosque Utubular internet site. Be gone by next week I shouldn't wonder. But I've already sent the links. :D

37 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Not as long as there is a burden of proof.

:lol:

We've been using dozens of them to fight for us in Libya and Syria. Proof ain't the issue. The only issue is that our deep state come clean. It might be that the realpolitik has trumped the safety of UK citizens at home. You can't handle the truth!!11 ;)

Edited by Park Life

16 hours ago, Park Life said:

Too racist.

Was visiting a mate in Australia (Freemantle)  and her friends honestly told me that the "only reason Australians are racist is because we've all the races here". She wouldn't accept that London is more multi-cultural, even when our mutual friend backed me up. Swear to god I didn't see a single non-white face is Freemantle, not even an Aboriginal. 

That was part of the holiday where I visited Vegas, some of California, Sydney and Perth. Met friends of the family, family of friends, locals and holidaymakers and the only places where overt racism/bigotry wasn't the norm was Monterey and San Francisco. Even with my mate's dad's family, his partner was not a fan of "them mexicans".

Thoroughly depressing on reflection.

17 hours ago, ewerk said:

How many of these suspected terrorists have dual nationality though?

Fuck knows. Deport the ones that do though. Or don't let the ones who have gone to Syria for training with Isis back into the country, even if they have had a change of heart after realising the promised land of the caliphate wasn't what it was cracked up to be.

22 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Was visiting a mate in Australia (Freemantle)  and her friends honestly told me that the "only reason Australians are racist is because we've all the races here". She wouldn't accept that London is more multi-cultural, even when our mutual friend backed me up. Swear to god I didn't see a single non-white face is Freemantle, not even an Aboriginal. 

That was part of the holiday where I visited Vegas, some of California, Sydney and Perth. Met friends of the family, family of friends, locals and holidaymakers and the only places where overt racism/bigotry wasn't the norm was Monterey and San Francisco. Even with my mate's dad's family, his partner was not a fan of "them mexicans".

Australia is hugely racist which is bad seeing as they stole the fucking country in the first place.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Would argue Multiculturalism was done too quickly tbh. Didn't take enough people with it, even though it is a laudable goal.

Was done quickly for profit I imagine.

2 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Australia is hugely racist which is bad seeing as they stole the fucking country in the first place.

Well, to be fair, Europeans stole it and became Australians.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Would argue Multiculturalism was done too quickly tbh. Didn't take enough people with it, even though it is a laudable goal.

Was done quickly for profit I imagine.

Sure, but these are two "civilised" countries, not some isolated nation that suddenly has globalisation foisted upon them.

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Well, to be fair, Europeans stole it and became Australians.

Sure, but these are two "civilised" countries, not some isolated nation that suddenly has globalisation foisted upon them.

Yeah but as we've seen in the UK and the US, and arguably all over Europe, there are a sizeable number of people in all Western countries for whom this happened too fast.

We've been living in a bubble IMO, which is why Brexit came as such a shock.

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Yeah but as we've seen in the UK and the US, and arguably all over Europe, there are a sizeable number of people in all Western countries for whom this happened too fast.

We've been living in a bubble IMO, which is why Brexit came as such a shock.

We all live in bubbles though, right? The polarisation of the news media (and it's need to entertain, rather than inform) reinforces those divisions. The right are just better at selling their message of fear and blame to the masses, than the left are with their message of cooperation and compromise.

15 minutes ago, The Fish said:

We all live in bubbles though, right? The polarisation of the news media (and it's need to entertain, rather than inform) reinforces those divisions. The right are just better at selling their message of fear and blame to the masses, than the left are with their message of cooperation and compromise.

At the risk of falling down the rabbit hole, I'm tempted to say that the left have been divisive also. Neither the left or the right sees us as as just 'people'. Both sides see race, gender and sexuality as sources of profound difference. The left others the mainstream and the right others the minorities.

But yes, the right are far better at harnessing the outcome.

Edited by Rayvin

5 hours ago, The Fish said:

Fremantle??? Couldn't get a more whiter community/city, disregarding Hobart and the greater part of Tasmania. Western Australia is primarily white apart from Broome where Japanese, Indonesians and Aboriginals have intermingled over generations. Queensland is largely white too on the eastern side. Sydney and Melbourne are the hub of multiculturalism in Australia.

5 hours ago, The Fish said:

You should never cooperate and compromise with those who think they are superior to you based on religious grounds and to those who put religious beliefs over the law of the land. To believe that that is an option on the table is absurd.