Terrorism

aimaad22

TBF to KD, he said 'a lot of British squaddies'. Think that's where the confusion has come in.

But anyway, you do have to be fantastically ignorant to believe in racial supremacy in any form - it's actually pretty disappointing to think that the army doesn't do a better job of weeding this out. You'd think plenty of officer level types would be aware of this sort of undercurrent.

I suppose what's more worrying is that you could argue (as I think KD is) that we're just normalising the idea of shooting and blowing up people through our foreign policy initiatives. State sanctioned terrorism as far as the civilians in the middle east are concerned. That might have the knock on effect of making it easier (psychologically) for such people to commit atrocities over here, if they have Neo-nazi ties.

I guess we should be grateful that this was all exposed before anyone was hurt at least, makes a nice change.

Edited by Rayvin

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

i was alarmed and surprised. 

how is this a stawman argument? your suggestion that most british soldiers are stupid and sign up to shoot muslims is quite consistent with your other posts in this thread. 

You're reading what you want to read.

Am I surprised that there are 4 young racist idiots in the army? Not at all. An awful lot of young army recruits (these were all in their early 20s iirc) are working class, poorly educated lads who will struggle to get a job anywhere else that will match the wage they get in the army.

It's not a dissimilar demographic that also follow the whole EDL/BNP/Britain's First ideology, of which there are many similarities to Naziism. Given we are currently invading a number of Middle Eastern countries it stands to reason that  'fighting terrorism' against 'islam' may appeal to some people in the army.

You just seem to like a row when it comes to this stuff for some reason 

fwiw I met an awful lot of squaddies when I worked at Darlington ED for 6 years. It was the nearest ED to Catterick. Maybe I saw a skewed sample but the majority of the lads I met weren't going to be applying to Mensa anytime soon. Coked off their tits, pissed up, fighting with the 'townies', the odd bit of racist abuse at he foreign doctors. 

As I said, I'm not particularly surprised that a few nazi dickheads ended up in the army

Edited by Kid Dynamite

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...