Terrorism

aimaad22

I read it on my phone and didn't want to write a lengthy post on there so just hoyed it up for the short term.

There's not a paragraph in it that I disagree with and I think it's very good on acknowledging the religious angle that Renton and Toonotl tend to focus on and how that has been mined to a far greater extent by ISIL than it was Al Qaeda. They may disagree.

It's also very good at pointing out how incoherent the US "narrative" has been.  Bush and Obama would tell America that Mulims are generally good eggs but we still have to kill lots of them because a few bad eggs are focused solely on a warped religious doctrine that demands they bring down western culture. Ignoring any motivation but the religion tells the whole population that the war is on the religion.  So it comes as no surprise that majorities now support a muslim ban under Trump that most of us find repulsive.  They've had 15 years of being told muslims are irrational murderers.

Trump has implemented a policy that is much more consistent.  Islam as a whole is bad and we need to crack down on every and any one of them that wants to come to our country.  They hate us and our freedom, we have to defeat them and their evil beliefs.  The story he is selling is vile and dangerous, but it's consistent.

Obviously a consistent and noble leader would recognise the facts from Chilcott and all the other examples cited, which clearly outline the causes of terror and the likely outcomes of further occupation.  But because of all the people and causes Parky has outlined, the globe persists in this lunatic descent into carnage.

Trump and for that matter Milo and others are in denial about radical Islam if not in some ways casually and conveniently illiterate about the consequences of the historical Neo-Cons stated aims to destabilize and wipe out/remake most of it.

In so far as these are also campaigns without end and warfare totally unsuited to the hi-tech distance warfare of the American and Western military. Nevertheless this adventurism fits the bill for the Military Industrial Security Complex as an ongoing lucrative venture. Order books and man power across the board from the core military right down to Homeland security suck dollars at high rates into the companies that facilitate the war and surveillance machine.

America doesn't make any money from these ongoing interventions but the companies do. It's the quickest way of getting 'tax dollars' from the pot into the hands of the elite.

Kristol, Kagan and the like are still behind the scenes agitating for more war...Wether you want to call it the Pinac (Project for a new American Century) doctrine or the Wolfowitz doctrine or the 'Make America Great Again' claptrap.

This is a Catch 22 for Trump because during the campaign he railed against American interventions especially in Iraq and encouraged Russia to attack ISIS.

He also declared he alone could stop Isis and said he'd wipe them off the map - so i doubt he is going to be the president to end US imperialism.

He contracted himself so frequently throughout the campaign though so who knows what the fuck he's going to do? Nothing will shock me at this stage.

Edited by Dr Gloom

deputy assistant to the president, British born Sebastian gorka, has similar ideas to some on here...

Most notably, Mr. Gorka derides the notion that Islamic militancy might reflect worldly grievances, like poor governance, repression, poverty and war. “This is the famous approach that says it is all so nuanced and complicated,” Mr. Gorka recently told The Washington Post. “This is what I completely jettison.”

For him, the violence emanates from the “martial language” of the Quran, which has hard-wired aggression into Islam. Like the recently fired national security adviser Michael T. Flynn and Mr. Bannon and Mr. Miller, the architects of the ill-conceived executive order barring the entry of citizens of seven Muslim-majority countries, Mr. Gorka sees Islam as the problem, rather than the uses to which Islam has been put by violent extremists. The contrast between them and the policy makers of the previous three presidential administrations could not be clearer: For their predecessors, the key has been to fight terrorists, not assault an Abrahamic religion.

The gist of Mr. Gorka’s worldview is that the United States is locked in an ideological conflict with “radical Islam.” A report he wrote with his wife assesses that “it is the key failing of U.S. efforts to fight terrorism that we have not understood the importance of ideology.” He attributes this failure to a “systematic subversion of the national security establishment under the banner of inclusivity, cultural awareness and political correctness.”

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/24/opinion/the-islamophobic-huckster-in-the-white-house.html?smprod=nytcore-iphone&smid=nytcore-iphone-share&referer=https://t.co/lAkqTppDi2

Whole article well worth a read.

deputy assistant to the president, British born Sebastian gorka, has similar ideas to some on here...

There's also some British born on here with far more interest in US politics than millions of actual US citizens. It's a crazy world.

North eastern Britain's probably took an interest in the progression of Roman power too.

Did you not see Theresa May holding hands with Trump?

They probably did, maybe more than Silius Sodius who worked off the Forum Romanum selling tourists shite to take home.

• 4 weeks later...

yeah, i'd love to hear this cunt defend why he ploughed through innocent people in car, let off shots outside parliament and stabbed a policeman. he sounds a reasonable bloke. 

fucking hell, reports via nick robinson of a car mowing down a party of french schoolchildren on the bridge.

Eye-witness on the news reporting that the 4x4 mounted the pavement and drove the full length of the bridge.

This is clearly a difficult time for the police as the widen the cordon around parliament square.

Three vans bringing 16 officers as reinforcements just screeched up Victoria Street under blue lights.

One man confronted an officer and demanded to know why he couldn’t pass through the cordon and complained it was a free county.

“Not at the moment it isn’t, “ the officer replied.

You've got to be a pretty special kind of bellend to try and have a pop at the police during an operation like this.

You've got to be a pretty special kind of bellend to try and have a pop at the police during an operation like this.

There are some fucking arseholes out there like. I was watching the news as the story broke and the number of dickheads trying to take photos and videos of the carnage on the bridge as the police tried to clear the area was staggering. 

yeah, i'd love to hear this cunt defend why he ploughed through innocent people in car, let off shots outside parliament and stabbed a policeman. he sounds a reasonable bloke. 

I'm not suggesting he'd be reasonable... I'm merely suggesting that we might understand if he's working with a larger group, if there's anything further he can tell us about why he's done it, etc. Always best to take them alive if possible, surely.

Edited by Rayvin

eyewitnesses reports claim that three plain clothes policemen warned the knife attacker but he continued to charge towards them brandishing his knife before he was shot dead.  i've no problem with that, no. 

eyewitnesses reports claim that three plain clothes policemen warned the knife attacker but he continued to charge towards them brandishing his knife before he was shot dead.  i've no problem with that, no. 

Me neither, morally.

What kind of an idiot thinks he can storm parliament in any effective way with a knife, mind. Any chance this was a lone nutjob?

Edited by Rayvin

I'm not suggesting he'd be reasonable... I'm merely suggesting that we might understand if he's working with a larger group, if there's anything further he can tell us about why he's done it, etc. Always best to take them alive if possible, surely.

Take them alive and then Jack Bauer them. I knew you were alright deep down.