Terrorism

aimaad22

That's the Guardian through and through though. I don't think they even believe all the stuff they come up with, they just know it stirs up a good number of clicks.

I encourage them with my fake feedback tbh. :lol:

Edited by Park Life

Fairly good read. Although jamming the feminist foot in the door of just about any event is getting a bit tiresome.

the feminists can do one too ... back to the kitchen that is.

• 4 weeks later...

That's canny mental, coz we have TVs tuned into the news channels at work - Sky And BBC and I've seen fuck all about this. Would have been round the clock footage if it had been Muslims doing the killing instead of the dying.

That's canny mental, because we have TVs tuned into the news channels at work - Sky And BBC and I've seen fuck all about this. Would have been round the clock footage if it had been Muslims doing the killing instead of the dying.

It's interesting how the US news agencies like CNN don't deem this newsworthy. Almost as if it doesn't fit their 'muslims will kill us all' narrative

The suggestion is that the killer was an atheist who hated religious people generally. That said the murders seemed to have been sparked by an ongoing parking dispute.

I think what people are objecting to is the lack of any mention in the news. CNNs headline was apparently about robot dogs....more newsworthy than the violent murder of 3 people in one go apparently

The suggestion is that the killer was an atheist who hated religious people generally. That said the murders seemed to have been sparked by an ongoing parking dispute.

I think what people are objecting to is the lack of any mention in the news. CNNs headline was apparently about robot dogs....more newsworthy than the violent murder of 3 people in one go apparently

A quick google shows that there was a triple homicide in NY state in January, another two in Denver and in Florida in December. The sad fact is that they're so regular that they aren't particularly shocking to the US public.

Edited by ewerk

A quick google shows that there was a triple homicide in NY state in January, another two in Denver and in Florida in December. The sad fact is that they're so regular that they aren't particularly shocking to the US public.

I would have said this was the most likely reason too. If it had been in Britain I would have expected to hear about it (but only because three people died - I don't think we hear about every murder over here by any stretch of the imagination).

Is there anything to suggest that the murders were racially motivated? Just because it happened to involve three Muslim victims doesn't necessarily make it a hate crime.

If the identities had been reversed, nobody would have even asked that question. The media anyway that is.

If the identities had been reversed, nobody would have even asked that question. The media anyway that is.

I'm not sure if that's true. I do take your wider point here, and fully agree that there is a double standard, but in random killings/rapes etc, the papers will quite often refer to 'five men', 'the attacker' etc rather than noting ethnicity or cultural factors.

I can't recall seeing any murders in the papers that were carried out by Muslims who didn't have a religious motive that they were attempting to draw attention to.