Newcastle United Football Club vs Mackems

Tom

Playing Sissoko out of position is a Pardew tactic

Tbh I'd first and foremost like to see Siem De Jong in that kind of deep forward position, but the next best thing is in my opinion Sissoko, because for the role you need strength aswell as vision, picking a good pass and ability to score goals. I want to see a dynamic striker who battles for goals aswell as setting up others, not someone like Cisse who's missing the whole game until he gets the perfect ready-made goal. Or Riviere who just goes missing. Perez on top alone is really a no-go, as he literally has no physique, and he is a more of a behind the striker or coming in from wide type of guy.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets play Perez at CB and Alnwick on the wing then, they'll never see it coming.

hah... yeah, because those two things you just said there really correlates with moving our most physically gifted and dangerous player one step up on the tactics board, from AMC to a deep forward role.

Well, I'd be confident about this game (hope springs eternal) except for the obvious issue of having Alnwick in goal. Who knows what we'll end up with. I suspect Johnson and Larrson will be playing since I think they've some range on their shooting - I'd imagine that will be the main gameplan for the mackems - shoot whenever possible.

As for us, impossible to say. On paper we should wipe the floor with them.

The makems are good at playing for and getting a deserved point .They like to play on the break and with our leaky defence i expect them to score at least one against us.If they do score first they'll play with everyone in their own half and we'll start humping balls into the box .Oh,and don't forget their diving and surrounding the ref.

NUFC: Alnwick; Janmaat, Coloccini ©, S.Taylor, Dummett; Sissoko, Colback, Tiote; Gouffran, Perez, Ameobi

subs: Woodman, Haidara, Williamson, Cabella, Armstrong, Riviere, Cisse

SAFC: Pantilimon, Vergini, Reveillere, O’Shea ©, Brown, Cattermole, Larsson, Gomez, Johnson, Wickham, Fletcher

subs: Bridcutt, Rodwell, Altidore, Alvarez, Coates, Buckley, Mannone

NUFC: Alnwick; Janmaat, Coloccini ©, S.Taylor, Dummett; Sissoko, Colback, Tiote; Gouffran, Perez, Ameobi

SAFC: Pantilimon, Vergini, Reveillere, O’Shea ©, Brown, Cattermole, Larsson, Gomez, Johnson, Wickham, Fletcher

Well with that line up, the prick!! is going to give them to much respect.

only positive: Willo is out of the equation

But where the fuck is Anita? This fuckin Pardew is fuckin ruining players

Edited by TheGoslingBeast

Cisse's been ill all week and only started training on Thursday, so isn't fit to start.

No way he comes in for Gouffran anyway. Gouffran is the first name on the teamsheet for games against superior opposition.