Newcastle United Football Club vs Mackems

Tom

That fucker who set the goal up ran straight up the centre of the park where Tiote is usually stood. I can't fuckin bekeive it .

Exactly - Pardew will try to claim that he took a risk and that we'd all be singing his praises if it came off, but in reality I'd be sat here thanking the heavens that it didn't occur to Sunderland to break right down the middle. The guy is a fool, I'd think no more of him if that substitution had paid off and Cisse had scored. It was just a stupid substitution.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly - Pardew will try to claim that he took a risk and that we'd all be singing his praises if it came off, but in reality I'd be sat here thanking the heavens that it didn't occur to Sunderland to break right down the middle. The guy is a fool, I'd think no more of him if that substitution had paid off and Cisse had scored. It was just a stupid substitution.

Well i would have done the Cisse for Tiote switch at halftime and has Sissoko taking up Tiote's place. Because there were plenty of chances early in the second half crying out for Cisse.

We need to start setting the game up for scoring in the first half then protect the lead. Instead we are about always starting off protecting something we don't have (which eventually will lead to a goal against us), then panic on some offensive subs in the 2nd half and lumping the ball forward with no plan, cohesion or concentration levels what so fucking ever.

Its like he don't believe things could be done otherwise, that there no other alternatives available at any given time. We just must play like this, and if we lose (well, me most likely will), then to hell with that game, just take the loss and try again with the same bag of shite next time, it will work at some point eventually.

Turned out when we had a good run, it was Pardew setting his tacitcs up wrong to what he used to -Oh no, we must never do that again, we must not go and try to win from the start, never. We must play horrible, uninspirational football, we must have no intention to surprise anyone, just leave any trace of enthusiasm and ideas back home lads, because here its my way or the highway.

Edited by TheGoslingBeast

We need to start setting the game up for scoring in the first half then protect the lead. Instead we are about always starting off protecting something we don't have (which eventually will lead to a goal against us), then panic on some offensive subs in the 2nd half and lumping the ball forward with no plan, cohesion or concentration levels what so fucking ever.

We had a fair few chances in the first half and I don't think we lumped it forward too much either.

Pardew made some questionable decisions but I don't think we played that badly tbh.

I'm more disappointed than angry because unlike the last time I don't think they deserved to win the game. We didn't look great defending counters and I had a feeling they might nick one on on the counter, as proved to be the case.

Controversial but I wish we'd just committed a 'tactical' foul when they launched that counter they scored from, especially as we were down a defensive midfielder.

We must play horrible, uninspirational football, we must have no intention to surprise anyone, just leave any trace of enthusiasm and ideas back home lads, because here its my way or the highway.

Players looked a lot more up for it today than last time. How you can say there was no enthusiasm out there today is beyond me.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

We had a fair few chances in the first half and I don't think we lumped it forward too much either.

Pardew made some questionable decisions but I don't think we played that badly tbh.

I'm more disappointed than angry because unlike the last time I don't think they deserved to win the game. We didn't look great defending counters and I had a feeling they might nick one on on the counter, as proved to be the case.

Controversial but I wish we'd just committed a 'tactical' foul when they launched that counter they scored from, especially as we were down a defensive midfielder.

So it should've been 0-0, thats what you're saying? If they had a more clinical finisher I'd say they might could've taken us 3-0 down.

Players looked a lot more up for it today than last time. How you can say there was no enthusiasm out there today is beyond me.

Looking at the highlights, I agree there were a couple of good build-ups, but we were never close scoring on those. Ayoze's curling shot was probably the best we delivered. Our chances always began promising but then really poorly executed with no passion straight on keeper from very hard angles, they were alot more closer to 2-0 than we were to our first.

Sunderland played a game were they allowed us to pass the ball around but without giving us much room for an end product, so thats perhaps why you think we looked better in this game.

If Armstrong had squared to Sissoko about 10 minutes before their goal, we would have won. Instead he took the shot on - fair enough, he's a forward and inexperienced. But still, had he been a little more aware, we probably would have won the game. Small margins this time.

If Armstrong had squared to Sissoko about 10 minutes before their goal, we would have won. Instead he took the shot on - fair enough, he's a forward and inexperienced. But still, had he been a little more aware, we probably would have won the game. Small margins this time.

Should we in theory just be winning by small margins though? Sunderland is far from a quality team.

This chance was not even in the highlights btw

Are you that True Geordie btw, he just said exactly the same words in his youtube review?

Said that he won't accept a draw as a good result as Newcastle manager, no matter what the opposition, that's why he threw on the substitutes he did.

Contradicts himself as he starts Gouffran who is one of the most negative players to pull on a toon shirt in recent times.

Why not start with your good players for once, then pack all the shit players on later when the good ones are knackered.

Been out all day and avoiding the result. Pleased I just sat through the full 90 ffs.

Best thing about the match was Taylor nutting the post and giving it the full "Can't see nothing, gotta open my eye. Cut me Mick."

Pardew is never gonna win another Derby.

Pardew's post match interview appears to blame the players for pushing up to try and force the win. This is from the guy who took off our holding midfielder for a third striker to be on the field.