Next NUFC Manager

Tooj

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colo was pretty far down my list, not even included tbf, of people I wanted to see take charge, but I guess its down to few manager options wanting to work for Ashley. I have no idea how this guy would do tactically, hopefully he has played some FM during his career. Lets just pray Ashley lines up some new central defenders in January, because you cant be the first choice CB and player manager in PL, thats just too much responsibility for one Colo.

Not sure how Palace being willing to pay the compensation for Pardew makes some people assume the club sale could be imminent. Don't see the link myself. I think it's just Ashley pouncing on an opportunity to make a bit of money.

What the fuck has where I live got to do with anything? :lol:

He's an average manager and I won't be sad to see him go, like I said, but having any faith in Ashley appointing anyone better is futile - look at his previous record there ffs.

Things could be about to get a lot worse than Pardew, who at least managed to keep us in the top flight despite playing shit football in the main.

By all means clamour for an exciting foreign coach renowned for putting out teams that that play a fluid passing game but you can bet your mortgage Ashley will be looking elsewhere.

Which is why I have said I think the best we will probably get is Sherwood.

Again though it doesn't change the fact I certainly will never be looking back and thinking we had it good when Pardew was in charge.

As long as it's not Bruce or Pulis, I'll be relatively content.

The above two are a known quantity and would represent a bit of a sideways step.

Beardsley is a yes man but at least I think he'd get the first team playing decent football.

Assuming Pardew is definitely going. No way back for him now surely?

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Not sure how Palace being willing to pay the compensation for Pardew makes some people assume the club sale could be imminent. Don't see the link myself. I think it's just Ashley pouncing on an opportunity to make a bit of money.

Yeah purely appeals to his barrow boy instincts. It is canny funny though, I think Pardews been close to the sack (and a big-ish payoff) a few times and now someone's actually given Jabba a load of cash for him, fat fuck couldn't resist it :lol:

As long as it's not Bruce or Pulis, I'll be relatively content.

The above two are a known quantity and would represent a bit of a sideways step.

Beardsley is a yes man but at least I think he'd get the first team playing decent football.

Assuming Pardew is definitely going. No way back for him now surely?

If you're basing that on because of how he was as a player then people like Daglish and Mancini prove that isn't really what happens.

Imagine Hatem's delight and then subsequent disappointment at the news of Pardew's departure then Bruce's appointment :lol:

He doesn't care and won't be coming back even if his mum was announced as the new manager.