Next NUFC Manager

Tooj

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mention of Uwe Rosler. Sacked by Wigan 6 weeks ago for taking them into the bottom 3.

I like Rosler, overall he's done well at every club he's been at, just had a poor start to the season and the club owners didn't back him through a rough time.

Not sure what happened at Wigan, but it certainly didn't get better after he left - Malky Mackay took over and has 1 win, 1 draw, 4 losses.

Rosler had prior to his sacking turned their results somewhat and made them difficult to beat, 6 games unbeaten before they fell back into two straight losses and Dave Whelan panicked.

Season before he had turned Wigans results around when he took over half way into the season, took them from mid table to 5th while also beating Crystal Palace, Cardiff and Manchester City on their FA cup run untill Arsenal got the better of them in semi final penalty shoot out.

I like Rosler, overall he's done well at every club he's been at, just had a poor start to the season and the club owners didn't back him through a rough time.

Not sure what happened at Wigan, but it certainly didn't get better after he left - Malky Mackay took over and has 1 win, 1 draw, 4 losses.

Rosler had prior to his sacking turned their results somewhat and made them difficult to beat, 6 games unbeaten before they fell back into two straight losses and Dave Whelan panicked.

Season before he had turned Wigans results around when he took over half way into the season, took them from mid table to 5th while also beating Crystal Palace, Cardiff and Manchester City on their FA cup run untill Arsenal got the better of them in semi final penalty shoot out.

Rosler has done fuck all anywhere. He left Brentford and they took off.

Would be a classic Ashley appointment though, out of work, never likely to get a job at a bigger club, no real experience at this level.....he only got the job at Wigan precisely because Brentford were going well, but that might have more to do with the amount of money that had started going in there via their city boy owner.

Rosler has done fuck all anywhere. He left Brentford and they took off.

He left Brentford fourth in a league they got promoted from at the end of the same season. Hardly suits what you're saying like.

He left Brentford fourth in a league they got promoted from at the end of the same season. Hardly suits what you're saying like.

It does considering their fans didn't like him at all (I know two Brentford fans), and if they'd have finished 4th they'd have ended up in the play offs yet again. They've been in the play offs 7 or 8 times in different divisions and they regard themselves as cursed in them. Rosler left, and the style of football got even better, to the point now they're playing the most competitive and best football anyone under 70 has ever seen at Griffiin Park.

Tbh I'd rather have someone a bit left field like Rosler and let him give it a go till the end of the season. If we keep Sissoko (big if) and bob along in mid table it might give him something to build on next season. Oh and at least the quarter finals of the cup or he's a fritzy Hun sausage sucking Bosch bastard, obviously :D

It does considering their fans didn't like him at all (I know two Brentford fans), and if they'd have finished 4th they'd have ended up in the play offs yet again. They've been in the play offs 7 or 8 times in different divisions and they regard themselves as cursed in them. Rosler left, and the style of football got even better, to the point now they're playing the most competitive and best football anyone under 70 has ever seen at Griffiin Park.

Nah, it's ridiculous to say that they took off after he left when they were in fourth position and could have easily gained promotion under Rosler as well.

Their youth setup is meant to be shit hot like.

Nah, it's ridiculous to say that they took off after he left when they were in fourth position and could have easily gained promotion under Rosler as well.

Their youth setup is meant to be shit hot like.

He went on a Pardew style run having won 4 out of 13 games, they wanted him sacked. He changed his style and won the next 7 out of 9 and was away. The Brentford ownership over the last 3 years have done something they've never done before in significantly investing in the squad, he saw the benefits of that. Their run after he left got better and better to the point, where they've swept to promotion and have every chance of top 6 and at least the championship play offs.

Chucking 43 million at the club help any?

Bournemouth are pretty traditional rivals (obviously not strictly local) of Brentford, they've very often been in the same division over the last half century and it's just over an hour up the m3. Eddie Howe is getting all the plaudits there but he couldn't do fuck all without the budget that the local Oligarch is chucking his way. Neither set of fans can believe what's happening at these clubs, but it's chiefly down to money.

No real harm in a two year deal for someone like Rosler though iyam. The risks aren't sky high, and it can be reviewed in May.

Chucking 43 million at the club help any?

Bournemouth are pretty traditional rivals (obviously not strictly local) of Brentford, they've very often been in the same division over the last half century and it's just over an hour up the m3. Eddie Howe is getting all the plaudits there but he couldn't do fuck all without the budget that the local Oligarch is chucking his way. Neither set of fans can believe what's happening at these clubs, but it's chiefly down to money.

No real harm in a two year deal for someone like Rosler though iyam. The risks aren't sky high, and it can be reviewed in May.

I'd rather have Rosler than Kinnear, or in fact any London manager other than Hoddle. Redknapp can fuck off especially.

I wouldnt mind Hoddle. BUT and its a big Kardashian mother fucker. Like J69 said, he hasnt managed for 9 years or so.

Keegan didn't have anything to do with football whatsoever for 8 years when he became our manager.

I'd rather have Rosler than Kinnear, or in fact any London manager other than Hoddle. Redknapp can fuck off especially.

Would he not bring attractive football? Don't like him either like, but he might be the best of a bad bunch.

Would he not bring attractive football? Don't like him either like, but he might be the best of a bad bunch.

His attitude towards us as a club sickens me. Some of the things he wrote in his book in terms of size comparisons to Spurs, and our terrible fans attitude towards the heavenly Ashley, would mean appointing him in my eyes would be awful.

He was offered the job before Keegan took it. I'd imagine he'd look at the budget and laugh his little cockney cock off anyway. As a manager he's the antithesis of what is required under Ashley, although he's decent enough ability wise.

Keegan didn't have anything to do with football whatsoever for 8 years when he became our manager.

You can't compare the 2. Keegan played and managed the club for years prior to that. Hoddle would get a nose bleed up here, and that's ignoring him forcing his players to talk to knackers like Eileen Drewery ffs