Next NUFC Manager

Tooj

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/06/newcastle-united-remi-garde-foreign-manager

It's Louise Taylor so, y'know, treat it with suspicion, but she has at least been reasonably clear on the fact that we're not going to give Carver the job, or even the chance to coach until the end of the season. Not sure who her sources are though.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/06/newcastle-united-remi-garde-foreign-manager

It's Louise Taylor so, y'know, treat it with suspicion, but she has at least been reasonably clear on the fact that we're not going to give Carver the job, or even the chance to coach until the end of the season. Not sure who her sources are though.

I'd certainly hope that's true, his 2 games have been fucking terrible tbh and the majority of the problem has been his selections and subs. I'd love to see someone brought in before the Chelsea game, I'd still let Carver stay in charge for it as I don't think it'll matter too much and gives the new guy over a week to settle in before his first game in charge and we'll probably get battered either way.

I have it on good authority that there is a prime applicant residing in Whitley Bay and at the moment is unemployed.

He has shown strong a attitude for discipline making his winning aspirations quite clear to the crowds.

Judy will welcome a break from his macho-man persona.

He has no strings attached and is handled well by any manipulator such as Ashley.

Reports seem to be coming in that Newcastle are in talks with Garde.

Errr......according to whom exactly?.. C

radioroom.jpg

"Broadsword calling Danny Boy, Broadsword calling Danny Boy, Reports coming in from our SOE agents in France. Garde 2-1 favourite, Carver 4-1, Kinnear back in Blighty with post traumatic stress is 14-2"

Bored of waiting already

Aye, sometimes the quiet to the media part of Ashley's ownership works well but tbh it can be pretty boring to follow things like this. I think it would be fine if we were all confident they were going to go and make a good decision but there is the nagging worry they're going to appoint some random old English bloke out of nowhere, if the rumours of the choice being fully up to Charnley and Carr are true it does settle me a bit about those worries though.

Carver until the summer when Ashley sells.

That's doing the rounds too this morning. However, Robert Sarver from the Phoenix Suns has this morning offered 20 million for Rangers + an immediate extra 6milion to tide them over. If he sells us it would appear that he's out of football for good because this is the yanks second bid in a week. Hes keen.

On the other hand being able to pick up a club he could get into the champions league, with all the riches that entails, for a fraction of the price it would cost us to get there for £30 million or so might be too good for him to walk away from.

He's not afraid of a fight when it comes to his businesses.

If a buyer was available he could sell us at a pretty average PL club price and have more than enough with that much to get Rangers back to the top of the SPL.