Next NUFC Manager

Tooj

That interview brings it home that the club is run by people with no feeling or passion for the club, the fans or its history. Its all about "value" ie making money. We've become a club with no joy or soul.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being totally honest, that's the best interview i've seen come out of the club in some time. Maybe my life is overful of management speak, but I dont see the harm in waiting till summer as long as we get the right person. My guess is they'll want to emulate Southampton...

:lol: Honestly that's utterly pathetic from the admission that they had no contingency plan no matter how shit Pardews performance was onward. They act like they are cool and calm planners but then basically say they had no plan in place in case anything happened with their manager, fucking losers, utter fucking losers.

"I hope that by the end of this week I will have a better indication of where we sit." :lol: Fucking hell that means absolutely nothing at all.

Also talking about how bringing forward the intended summer signings the other year was at a significant cost, how much is that significant cost? Gouffran was about half a million, Sissoko and Haidara were about 2m each (with Sissoko apparently waiving away his bonus with Toulouse to push through the move), Debuchy and Mbiwa were 5m or so but I can't see how they would have been much cheaper in the summer and we sold Debuchy on for a decent profit anyway, what a boring way to look at a football club.

"the worst thing I could do is over-promise and under-deliver" :lol: He doesn't have to over-promise to fulfill the second part of that statement.

I know we all pretty much assumed this is how they thought (and they have said sort of similar in the past with regards to the cups etc) but it's still depressing to just hear it flat out said.

I've never liked glory hunters but I'd be hard pressed to think a kid was wrong to grow up and support Chelsea or Man City or something with this lot in charge. No matter how shit the club from where you're from (or have a connection with etc all you out of towners, although you're a bigger bunch of sadists than us lot from Newcastle) you stick with them but this is different they just want to run it as a complete and utter business with no ambition besides that.

Edited by Howay

Lee Ryder must be seething that he didn't get the big interview.

It's unbelievable that they've had a month and they're still pretty much nowhere further on.

It's kind of not though, really :glare:

:lol: Honestly that's utterly pathetic from the admission that they had no contingency plan no matter how shit Pardews performance was onward. They act like they are cool and calm planners but then basically say they had no plan in place in case anything happened with their manager, fucking losers, utter fucking losers.

"I hope that by the end of this week I will have a better indication of where we sit." :lol: Fucking hell that means absolutely nothing at all.

Also talking about how bringing forward the intended summer signings the other year was at a significant cost, how much is that significant cost? Gouffran was about half a million, Sissoko and Haidara were about 2m each (with Sissoko apparently waiving away his bonus with Toulouse to push through the move), Debuchy and Mbiwa were 5m or so but I can't see how they would have been much cheaper in the summer and we sold Debuchy on for a decent profit anyway, what a boring way to look at a football club.

"the worst thing I could do is over-promise and under-deliver" :lol: He doesn't have to over-promise to fulfill the second part of that statement.

I know we all pretty much assumed this is how they thought (and they have said sort of similar in the past with regards to the cups etc) but it's still depressing to just hear it flat out said.

I've never liked glory hunters but I'd be hard pressed to think a kid was wrong to grow up and support Chelsea or Man City or something with this lot in charge. No matter how shit the club from where you're from (or have a connection with etc all you out of towners, although you're a bigger bunch of sadists than us lot from Newcastle) you stick with them but this is different they just want to run it as a complete and utter business with no ambition besides that.

It's yet another shambolic interview from an ignorant mouthpiece. "When someone is with us, it doesn't matter how shit they are, or what problems they have we just focus on supporting them. Unless they get cancer, that's different, obviously."

They have achieved the impressive act of disenfranchising numerous died-in-the-wool fans. Those who previously would stick with them through thick and thin because there was at least something in the thinnest parts that felt ambitious, connecting or fun. Now there's no 'thick' other than the coaching staff and the perpetual 'thin' is simply that bottom line.

Sadly it's not possible to just pick up another team with the same (now pissed away) resonance. It would be too arbitrary.

The club has transcended sleeping giant, it is now a comatose ogre. Absolute cunts all of them.

I can't get my head around 50k people still turning up. I'd rather go to fucking church, where there is at least some optimism amongst the deceit.

Ashley loads the chamber and spins again....its 50/50 we stay up iyam without an appointment this month. The players sacked it off last year after January but that with an established manager. What's their attitude going to be like under a temporary appointment?.....

I can well believe they had no back up plan. However if it was to be Carver they would have announced it by now. Think it will be Garde in the summer. Let the survival battle commence...We need 4 wins and a handful of draws as the bare minimum.

Not surprised there isn't a back up plan. Pardew still had years left on his contract and was delivering exactly what the owner wanted. Why would they be making gooey eyes at anyone else?

It's not the same as keeping track of players, is it?

Charnley has the look of a middle management bean counter about him. I doubt he rushes his bowl of Shreddies let alone choosing a new manager

Edited by Kitman

WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN IN THE JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW?

I saw the stuff Gary Lineker tweeted saying we’re hanging back from appointing a head coach so we don’t have to sign anyone which isn’t correct. Are we delaying to get through the January window? Absolutely not.

In all honesty, the January window is not one we ever envisaged being particularly active in. That’s partly because of the amount of business we did in the summer but also because. January is a difficult market to operate in. There are very few options whereby a club can achieve the quality required and also get value. There is often a reason as to why a player might be available in January.

We were forced to bring players in a couple of years ago in January because of where we were in the league and some of those transactions we brought forward from the following summer at significant cost. As a general principle, January’s not an attractive window.

Another important thing to note and something often not mentioned is Premier League teams are only allowed to name 25 players – we’re currently at 25.

I think this bit annoys me most. Not just because it's always interesting and exciting to see fresh faces coming into the club, but it says to me that their strategy is inflexible.

If (as is the case) we're down to 2 fully fit centre halves going into the window and the likelihood is that one or both can pick up injuries before the end of the season, it behoves the transfer committee to source, at the very, least backup for that position.

Given top 10 is stated as the target and we're not on course for that target a minimal outlay now can make the difference between a dangerous relegation scrap and that modest target.

Everyone would love a 25 goal a season striker to join in this window, but we all know that's not happening. However, there is a very real danger of relegation if the centre half position isn't addressed. Also, the difference between worth and cost is smaller for a centre back than for a striker. You can get a capable competent defender for less than £5m, one who'll retain his sell-on value and who presents less of a risk if he's not up to scratch.

The 25 player thing is total bollocks anyway, phrased to make it seem like if we did sign anyone we couldn't play them.

Don't the U21s allow us to get around that whole thing?