Next NUFC Manager

Tooj

It sounds like the board have written this season off as much as we have tbh.

The thing that'll really bother me is if we risk relegation to bring in someone over the summer who actually turns out to be another Pardew sort of appointment.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiny bit of me hopes if no manager is appointed it might be a more attractive proposition to buy in the summer, if they stay up of course. Clutching at straws like.

Edited by JaMoUsE

The thing that'll really bother me is if we risk relegation to bring in someone over the summer who actually turns out to be another Pardew sort of appointment.

Just this season?

What I want to know is what's happened to the Pardew money?

:lol:

Edited by The Fish

The best part is how we registered Darlow as one of our 25 squad members despite him being out on loan with no recall for the entire season, forcing us to chuck games away with "krisis keeper" Alnwick in nets since our own stupidity prevented us from getting an emergency loan in, then Charnley is turning around and saying "well we're full up."

This fact is like the little speck of whatever it was just before the big bang.

All the blather that follows is just planets and dust and quarks. Whatever they are.

Quarks are what happens when Mr Cadbury's Parrot goes berserk.

The best part is how we registered Darlow as one of our 25 squad members despite him being out on loan with no recall for the entire season, forcing us to chuck games away with "krisis keeper" Alnwick in nets since our own stupidity prevented us from getting an emergency loan in, then Charnley is turning around and saying "well we're full up."

Given that Charnley spent years as club secretary overseeing the club squad registrations then he should have known better. Then again he's the same twat who failed to register Bowyer for a UEFA cup game in which he was banned, meaning he then had to miss two games.

We definitely risk relegation by not bringing someone in. Watching Carver stuck on his arse for almost the entire second half on Saturday confirmed to me that he doesn't have a clue what he's doing.

With regards to signing a centreback, didn't Pardew or someone in one of those magnificent fans forums state that we had been looking to sign a replacement for Mbiwa but the deal with Roma took longer than expected and we didn't have the time in the summer? If that was the case how can it not be in our plans to bring someone in this month? Especially given Taylors injury!

Yeah but Pardew just came out with any old bollocks as long as it took the heat off him a bit. There does need to be communication from Charnley or his appointed representative about what's going on, and this interview at least represents a step in the right direction on that front. Has it changed any of our views on anything? No. Has he mentioned any sort of ambition or concept of where we want to be in the next few years? No. But he's at least said something, and for once it hasn't been done by an underinformed manager who doesn't have a fucking clue what's going on above his head.

As for relegation - yeah we'll get sucked in, but Ashley and Charnley might take the view that they can pull Garde in at any time if things start going really pear shaped. Whether that'd be enough to save us, I don't know.

EDIT - I'd like to stress that I can quite readily believe that they'll relegate us through incompetence. I'm just hoping that they'll do a good job to protect their investment more than anything.

Edited by Rayvin

I'm still surprised that Ashley appointed Charnley in that position. I really can't believe he'd have someone at SD in such a position with so little experience or qualification. I know he doesn't give a fuck about how we do on the pitch but you'd think he'd want safer hands controlling the rest of the business.

They'll get a foreign head coach who doesn't speak English and keep him that way.

'Weee wuzz prissing too hurd beecoz of zee fans"

Wor ist die Ubahn?

Die kartofeln sind ist sauer..

Das Mittfefeld ist gefangen im Polen (the midfield is trapped in Poland).

Edited by Park Life

Half of the 'football bloggers' on twitter are giving the club credit over this interview :lol:

Basically it's taken them 4 weeks to still have no idea who they want to be manager and they aren't buying anymore players despite having 2 centre halves and being in dire need of a striker. I fucking hate what our club is these days

It's such a standard PR release (Bishop written all over it) it's basically totally cloaked. There isn't even a hint of vision in it and the claptrap about 'Head Coach' means we don't want any cernts who will quesion our idiocy. :lol:

One of the most disturbing aspects about this (and Newcastle as a whole) debacle is the lack of any interrogation - not a hint of criticism - into the setup of the club in the national media and press. The narrative that has been constructed is that we should be grateful for the club's situation. Voices of dissent aimed at the club's hierarchy are roundly mocked as ill-informed and bred from a delusion that is unique to Newcastle. Contrast that with other clubs going through difficult times at the minute. Fair enough the situations are different, but the voice of supporters in the instances of Villa, Everton, Rangers, Man Utd last season, Liverpool fans (re: Suarez support, Rodgers bashing, and everything else) the long suffering Arsenal fans bitching about Wenger. None of these cases inspire anything near the vitriolic outrage that the ungrateful Geordies deserve. In a moment in football where fans are so far away from being involved with club decisions, where money has inflated and elevated the sport so far beyond its viewers, you would think that there would be a few more pundits and journalists supporting a group of fans who have every right to feel aggrieved, as their club has been transformed into a business. I just do not understand why we are the exception to the sentimental popular narrative (however true or false it may be) in football that the fans are the club.

When West Brom and Palace lost their managers last month, their search for a new manager was the first piece on every sports site, was the main topic on every sports radio station. I suppose you could argue that after 4 weeks or whatever, people lose interest and the search for a new manager at Newcastle United may not be as big a story as it was initially. But fuck that. Even when Pardew left, it was more about where he was going than where he was leaving. There has been so little critical attention given in the national press to what is going on at Newcastle that it is no wonder that fans are left to feel that there is at best a complete indifference to the club, and at worst active contempt offered by those outside the area.

I really do not like conspiracy theories. They are narratives constructed by people who cant accept the world is as unsymmetrical and illogical as it is. I can't help but leap to conclusions in this instance regarding Newcastle. What the fuck is going on? Where are the people in football, in football media who are willing to question how on earth a football club like Newcastle United can go off the rails so much, lose all its passion (the atmosphere at St James these days is appalling)? The biggest question for me is though, why is no one asking whether it is right that a club should be run the way Newcastle currently is? I just don't get it. Even if Stan Collymore or other cretins like him who are somehow given air time on tv or radio, even if they do have a genuine personal hatred of Newcastle, I can accept that and get over it. But the situation at the club is significant for so many more than Toon supporters. When football accepts people like Ashley and his model, when it accepts the fact that the voice of the fans means the square root of fuck all anymore, then football, not just the club in question, is fucked.

Newcastle is rotten. When Pardew left, we got rid of the fruit, not the root.

Edited by ADP

They'll get a foreign head coach who doesn't speak English and keep him that way.

'Weee wuzz prissing too hurd beecoz of zee fans"

:lol:

Aye, and you should listen carefully because he shall only say it wernce.

One of the most disturbing aspects about this (and Newcastle as a whole) debacle is the lack of any interrogation - not a hint of criticism - into the setup of the club in the national media and press. The narrative that has been constructed is that we should be grateful for the club's situation. Voices of dissent aimed at the club's hierarchy are roundly mocked as ill-informed and bred from a delusion that is unique to Newcastle. Contrast that with other clubs going through difficult times at the minute. Fair enough the situations are different, but the voice of supporters in the instances of Villa, Everton, Rangers, Man Utd last season, Liverpool fans (re: Suarez support, Rodgers bashing, and everything else) the long suffering Arsenal fans bitching about Wenger. None of these cases inspire anything near the vitriolic outrage that the ungrateful Geordies deserve. In a moment in football where fans are so far away from being involved with club decisions, where money has inflated and elevated the sport so far beyond its viewers, you would think that there would be a few more pundits and journalists supporting a group of fans who have every right to feel aggrieved, as their club has been transformed into a business. I just do not understand why we are the exception to the sentimental popular narrative (however true or false it may be) in football that the fans are the club.

When West Brom and Palace lost their managers last month, their search for a new manager was the first piece on every sports site, was the main topic on every sports radio station. I suppose you could argue that after 4 weeks or whatever, people lose interest and the search for a new manager at Newcastle United may not be as big a story as it was initially. But fuck that. Even when Pardew left, it was more about where he was going than where he was leaving. There has been so little critical attention given in the national press to what is going on at Newcastle that it is no wonder that fans are left to feel that there is at best a complete indifference to the club, and at worst active contempt offered by those outside the area.

I really do not like conspiracy theories. They are narratives constructed by people who cant accept the world is as unsymmetrical and illogical as it is. I can't help but leap to conclusions in this instance regarding Newcastle. What the fuck is going on? Where are the people in football, in football media who are willing to question how on earth a football club like Newcastle United can go off the rails so much, lose all its passion (the atmosphere at St James these days is appalling)? The biggest question for me is though, why is no one asking whether it is right that a club should be run the way Newcastle currently is? I just don't get it. Even if Stan Collymore or other cretins like him who are somehow given air time on tv or radio, even if they do have a genuine personal hatred of Newcastle, I can accept that and get over it. But the situation at the club is significant for so many more than Toon supporters. When football accepts people like Ashley and his model, when it accepts the fact that the voice of the fans means the square root of fuck all anymore, then football, not just the club in question, is fucked.

Newcastle is rotten. When Pardew left, we got rid of the fruit, not the root.

Good post. :good:

The Chronicle are spunking themselves that they got an exclusive interview, they wouldn't dare question it. They had 5 minutes of being brave with that front cover when they were banned and are now back to being in the clubs pocket. 1 point from 4 games and they think they are in a position to let Carver have the next 16? I look forward to another 2nd half of the season relegation fight.

Just look at the comparisons between us and Villa. Their fans want Lambert out yet they aren't getting any stick and are being praised for standing up to Lerner etc.

We got dogs abuse from other fans and pundits and the typical boring, wrong stereotypes came out in abundance when we wanted Pardew out then constantly got hit with the old 'he finished fifth once' line.