Next NUFC Manager

Tooj

If we don't beat a poor Hull side then it will really slide from there.

The biggest problem looking at the fixtures is I don't see any way we can go on a decent run where we can build any confidence, we don't even get the confidence bump from a new manager coming in. May is the only month where we play a few poor teams in a row but by then it may be too late or those teams will be scrapping for their lives and we've shown little fight in the past tbh.

I have no confidence whatsoever that Carver can get us to crawl over the line, we just have to hope that an 8 point gap is enough of a buffer over 16 games but it's not a lot.

If we reach March without a win we're totally fucked.

Edited by Howay

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moncur can FUCK RIGHT OFF

What has he said now?

Charnley now strutting round jabbering about how no one was good enough and they're going to postpone the search until summer :lol: Postpone! As Isegrim said this only makes sense if they have someone lined up. They best have someone fucking good as well because if we have to suffer through another nightmare 16 game run ending in hopefully squeaking survival to get some gimp like Bruce in they want their bollocks chopped. Of course the other possibility is we get relegated and Ashley sacks Charnley for fucking up and again proves we're just fucking winging it on a yearly basis.

If we don't beat a poor Hull side then it will really slide from there.

Aye. Definitely an important game now. The place could start to sour big time if we don't get a result.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/sport-opinion/newcastle-right-appoint-carver-until-8521230?

I don't know what's more embarrassing... him or the Chronicle for publishing him. He's obviously been part of the peace treaty with the club. They've published that and Ryder saying "errr maybe they're right to wait because SJH and FFS were decisive and appointed some bad managers". Not a single article giving them the level of criticism warranted or reflecting the true feelings from the vast, vast majority of fans. Disgrace.

What has he said now?

Charnley now strutting round jabbering about how no one was good enough and they're going to postpone the search until summer :lol: Postpone! As Isegrim said this only makes sense if they have someone lined up. They best have someone fucking good as well because if we have to suffer through another nightmare 16 game run ending in hopefully squeaking survival to get some gimp like Bruce in they want their bollocks chopped. Of course the other possibility is we get relegated and Ashley sacks Charnley for fucking up and again proves we're just fucking winging it on a yearly basis.

:lol:

I can just imagine it too. 'We really wanted Bruce/Malky Mackay/Mick McCarthy etc from the start but they were ADAMANT that they wouldn't walk out whilst they were under a contract and wanted to honour their contracts till the end. As a club we respected that decision as it saved us unnecessary outlay, err, I mean we admired their ethical stance, ahem, cough.'

The Mail is speculating we're waiting to see if Shteve Mclaren fails to win promotion with Derby and can be tempted away. The whole thing reeks of vacillation and drift imo.....better to make no decision than the wrong one so lets just bumble along in the hope it all turns out OK.

Not impressed.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/sport-opinion/newcastle-right-appoint-carver-until-8521230?

I don't know what's more embarrassing... him or the Chronicle for publishing him. He's obviously been part of the peace treaty with the club. They've published that and Ryder saying "errr maybe they're right to wait because SJH and FFS were decisive and appointed some bad managers". Not a single article giving them the level of criticism warranted or reflecting the true feelings from the vast, vast majority of fans. Disgrace.

:lol: That's fucking tragic, calling him JC as well ffs!

I love when they say stuff like "he knows the club inside and out" I'm sure there's a staff member that has been at the club for 30 year but it doesn't make them fucking qualified to manage the side. Sickening write up by another club mouth piece tbh. I've no idea why they keep dragging Sir Bobby's name up constantly either as if being near him made Carver know what he's doing, if that was the case can we hire Terry McDermott as well.

"The big grumble from some fans will be that we haven’t brought somebody in." Aye just a slight grumble isn't it? so they've spent another transfer window fucking about with the idea that they would at least get a manager, instead we've not improved the squad or got a new manager. Moncur wants to be ashamed of that bilge.

The Mail is speculating we're waiting to see if Shteve Mclaren fails to win promotion with Derby and can be tempted away. The whole thing reeks of vacillation and drift imo.....better to make no decision than the wrong one so lets just bumble along in the hope it all turns out OK.

Not impressed.

:lol: McClaren is canny but they can fuck off if they've sat twiddling their thumbs waiting for him, needs to be better if we're going to make a stupid risk like this. Mind I don't expect any better.

Charnley now strutting round jabbering about how no one was good enough and they're going to postpone the search until summer :lol: Postpone!

Surely they'll still be working behind the scenes? Surely they'll try to get someone in to start as soon as the season finishes, giving him a whole summer to integrate himself into the place and with the (new and old) players?

This fucking club.

Surely they'll still be working behind the scenes? Surely they'll try to get someone in to start as soon as the season finishes, giving him a whole summer to integrate himself into the place and with the (new and old) players?

This fucking club.

:lol: The fact we can't be sure says it all about them. No doubt they've called off the search and will be left behind by the time summer comes around as clubs weighing up making a change will sound out the blokes on the supposed list.

Wouldn't be surprised if we spend all summer supposedly searching for a head coach, only to give it to Carver again the week before the transfer window closes.

:lol: I wouldn't put it past them if we finish around mid table. I think if we have an arse twitching end to the season they'll get that rush like they did the other year when they bought Sissoko etc.

Too many people in the media are shit scared of upsetting Ashley and now their pal Carver..John Anderson was all for the appointment as was Nick Barnes,who commentates on our games for Radio Newcastle.Moncur is a waste of space.Paid by the club to spout pro-AshIey rhetoric. I wonder how many were actually interviewed for the job,if any.

If they promote a coach to assistant manager and a steward to coach, then slightly increase the section each remaining steward is responsible for... they won't need to hire a single new person

:lol:

I think for me, who we get is potentially a game changer. If we get another Pardew, it's going to be really difficult to retain any serious interest in the club. I mean, there's just no fucking point.

If we get someone decent though, De Boer perhaps, I'd be prepared to accept that we're moving in the right direction, more or less. Just think about how much of an improvement it'd be on Pardew, who in earnest was never going to produce anything meaningful this season save for a possible 8-10th place finish. If we finish above 18th and get De Boer, then I think it'll have been worthwhile.