Next NUFC Manager

Tooj

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are the kinds of posts I'm talking about.

I stand by what I said. Saying "I wouldn't rule out a relegation battle" is not the same as saying we are favourites to go down, or that we won't sign any good players anymore. Ashley had undeniably handed us a shit sandwich, yet again.

The "I confidently predict we will either get relegated" is :lol: but sometimes bad news makes us go off the deep end for a few hours/days. Or maybe KCG is just off his meds.

Edited by to dumb

De Jong, Abeid, Santon, Obertan and Aarons all played for the reserves today...the team could soon look very different...

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20150127/newcastle-xi-3-carlisle-1_2281670_4445199

I know he was looking alreet before his injury but I never thought I'd see the day when we were desperate for squidward to return from injury. :lol:

These are the kinds of posts I'm talking about.

Tbh there's only KCG's comments of all those that look a bit ott.

Get on the gloomy train Fish, accepting reality is refreshing - you'll learn to have fun with it eventually.

I know he was looking alreet before his injury but I never thought I'd see the day when we were desperate for squidward to return from injury. :lol:

I'm looking forward to it tbh....results have been poor under Carver but on the scant evidence we're using here the football has been slightly better to watch..you live down south dont you?...get yersel to Crystal Palace to spend a pleasant evening abusing Alan Pardew :D

Howay, to be fair how often does a team lose both of it's 1st choice 'keepers for any length of time?

The administration of the Darlow thing may have required for him to be registered as a Newcastle player for him to be loaned back? I dunno.

I'm looking at the names we've been linked with and those confirmed by meeting with the club officials and that gives me some confidence that we'll appoint a Head Coach that is not only better than Carver, but better than PArdew too,

Well the coverage it's received seems to have been suggesting it was a fuck up. Of course we were unfortunate losing both keepers but then again we shouldn't have had a third choice keeper with no league experience. Not saying that's anything to do with penfold but it's someone's fault.

But really none of that is important. What is important is that as, I think, Nolie put it, we have an amateur running one of the biggest professional football clubs in the country. There's no way I'll believe that anyone who tells me they're happy with him running things.

I agree those names look better than I was fearing but until I see one of those persons appointed I'm going to be more than a bit concerned that we'll end up with Carver or some other no mark who'll accept the constraints because they've been away from the big time for so long.

I'm looking forward to it tbh....results have been poor under Carver but on the scant evidence we're using here the football has been slightly better to watch..you live down south dont you?...get yersel to Crystal Palace to spend a pleasant evening abusing Alan Pardew :D

I intend to. My local club down here!

Well the coverage it's received seems to have been suggesting it was a fuck up. Of course we were unfortunate losing both keepers but then again we shouldn't have had a third choice keeper with no league experience. Not saying that's anything to do with penfold but it's someone's fault.

But really none of that is important. What is important is that as, I think, Nolie put it, we have an amateur running one of the biggest professional football clubs in the country. There's no way I'll believe that anyone who tells me they're happy with him running things.

I agree those names look better than I was fearing but until I see one of those persons appointed I'm going to be more than a bit concerned that we'll end up with Carver or some other no mark who'll accept the constraints because they've been away from the big time for so long.

Carver may not be an inspiring choice, but he's hardly an amateur.

I think people believe I'm being unreasonably positive because they're firmly in the negative camp. In comparison to them I must seem like a happy-camper. I'm not at all; I wanted a Head Coach in now, I want a striker & a centre half before the window closes, I'm worried that Sissoko may still leave.

However, because I'm fairly comfortable that we'll survive, I'm fairly confident we will again sign some good players and I do think we'll employ someone of Garde's level (rather than Carver's) in the summer, I seem insanely gleeful.

I am being realistic, I'm just choosing to take from reality more positives than you, Gloom and the others are thus far.

Carver may not be an inspiring choice, but he's hardly an amateur.

I think people believe I'm being unreasonably positive because they're firmly in the negative camp. In comparison to them I must seem like a happy-camper. I'm not at all; I wanted a Head Coach in now, I want a striker & a centre half before the window closes, I'm worried that Sissoko may still leave.

However, because I'm fairly comfortable that we'll survive, I'm fairly confident we will again sign some good players and I do think we'll employ someone of Garde's level (rather than Carver's) in the summer, I seem insanely gleeful.

I am being realistic, I'm just choosing to take from reality more positives than you, Gloom and the others are thus far.

I honestly don't see us signing anyone in this window. We rarely do in January. And because of that, combined with the fact we have Carver as boss until the end of the season, I think we will struggle.

If I was grasping for positives I'd agree with PaddockLad, I think it was, who said we have at least tried to play a better brand of football under carver. Not a lot to be optimistic though if we're honest, is there? People are reacting according to the evidence they're presented with. I don't see any mass hysteria or over reactions at all tbh.

I honestly don't see us signing anyone in this window. We rarely do in January. And because of that, combined with the fact we have Carver as boss until the end of the season, I think we will struggle.

If I was grasping for positives I'd agree with PaddockLad, I think it was, who said we have at least tried to play a better brand of football under carver. Not a lot to be optimistic though if we're honest, is there? People are reacting according to the evidence they're presented with. I don't see any mass hysteria or over reactions at all tbh.

I reckon we'll sign a few but they'll all be loaned back to their clubs or whatever. We won't see new players in the black and white shirts other than De Jong.

People are stating relegation is a real concern, not more likely, but likely. They're also saying that at the end of the season Carver will get the gig full time. I think that's irrational given all the noises coming out of the club, the importance of top-10, and reason.

I think, from a staying up point of view, playing attractive football is a positive, because as little as two home wins (all other things being equal) should keep us up.

I think you're irrational to put any value on the noises coming out of the club.

So we've not met with Remi Garde, or any of that strata of coach? We're not looking for a Head Coach?

I also think you're irrational to put words in my mouth.

But you said I shouldn't put value in the noises coming out of the club? Speaking to Garde and pursuing that level of coach were noises coming out of the club?

One thing I do know is that Carr has loads of contacts on the continent, especially in France and Holland so it's not inconceivable he's sounded a few people out and working in the Premiership is a step up from nearly all the clubs in both those countries.

So what? We may have just been feeling all these cernts out to see if they are supplicant and can live on baked beans.

I can go and look at a million pound house this afternoon if I wanted, would you infer from that I am likely to buy one?

Edited by trophyshy