Next NUFC Manager

Tooj

It suggests he's a lot more pissed off with the situation than he states publicly, which is very believable.

Will be very interesting to see what he says as an ex employee.

Yes I'm amazed he's stuck it for so long as the whipping boy.....suggests he couldn't get a decent offer elsewhere. We might have to wait for his autobiography for his take on it tho.....I'd be amazed if fatty didnt put a gagging clause into his 7 year contract.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he's been doing as good a job as the media keep telling us deluded Geordies then how come the first job offer he's had is a desperate Crystal Palace (especially when you consider how long he's been here)?

If he's been doing as good a job as the media keep telling us deluded Geordies then how come the first job offer he's had is a desperate Crystal Palace (especially when you consider how long he's been here)?

Exactly. Although the media probably see us as makeweight also rans, in which case Pardew was meeting expectations.

Exactly. Although the media probably see us as makeweight also rans, in which case Pardew was meeting expectations.

It's a bit like with Ashley, ie the notion we should be thankful to have such a 'prudent' owner. Let's see if his involvement with Rangers gets a similar portrayal.

It's a bit like with Ashley, ie the notion we should be thankful to have such a 'prudent' owner. Let's see if his involvement with Rangers gets a similar portrayal.

He'd probably be hailed as a saviour if he wasn't English. And a fat asset syripping bastard :lol:

This is our 2014 league record.

P38 W12 D6 L20 F36 A63 GD-27

Sounds to me like you've been in the big smerk for too long.

What the fuck has where I live got to do with anything? :lol:

He's an average manager and I won't be sad to see him go, like I said, but having any faith in Ashley appointing anyone better is futile - look at his previous record there ffs.

Things could be about to get a lot worse than Pardew, who at least managed to keep us in the top flight despite playing shit football in the main.

By all means clamour for an exciting foreign coach renowned for putting out teams that that play a fluid passing game but you can bet your mortgage Ashley will be looking elsewhere.

Pardew's newcastle has played mostly awful football but on average has achieved midtable finishes. Things could be about to get a lot worse than that depending on who they appoint. This is a massive moment for the club. I hope I'm wrong but we're talking about the owner who thought it would be a good idea to give the old drunk kinnear two Stints at the club.

Just have a drink and enjoy the moment Gloom. What comes - comes. :)

He's an average manager and I won't be sad to see him go, like I said, but having any faith in Ashley appointing anyone better is futile - look at his previous record there ffs.

Things could be about to get a lot worse than Pardew, who at least managed to keep us in the top flight despite playing shit football in the main.

By all means clamour for an exciting foreign coach renowned for putting out teams that that play a fluid passing game but you can bet your mortgage Ashley will be looking elsewhere.

It's the laws of diminishing returns though, I think Pardew may well have eventually relegated us, or done enough damage to make say next season irretreiveable. Same goes for Carr iyam. He won't go on pulling rabbits out if hats before handing to Pardew to be err Pardewed.

Ashley plucks managers from the ether that none of us expect, good or bad. My feeling is that he may veer towards Europe next season after he sees how Pedro gets on.

Edited by PaddockLad

It doesn't work quite like you imagine it. 20 agents of mangers out of work will on the blower to Mashley within hours. Even if he is really nonchalant there is a chance he might happen across a decent appointment.

The only thing I would say to that is can you honestly hand on heart say there's a single move made by Ashley in respect of managerial appointments / sackings that you you or anyone else who wasn't itk could've called in advance? I think it's absolutely impossible to predict what he might do based on past experience. I do tend to think he'll appoint from within the club on short term basis though (ie until the summer). I base that on there being well over 3 sides worse than us and the decent amount of points (from a survival point of view) that we already have in the bank. I reckon that'll be how Ashley looks at it. Who knows with him though?

He's a maverick like. So who knows what the fuck will happen? They'll still have to be prepared to work for the fat cunt, whoever it is, which will rule out most credible top flight candidates. Our best hope is probably a young up and coming coach. I fear an old dinosaur. Surely it can't be as bad as Kinnear ... can it?

I will raise a glass to Pardew's departure. His time had come as far as I'm concerned. I'll break out the bubbles when Ashley finally fucks off.

Beardsley in the short term, Dennis Wise in the long... ho hum.

I'm old enough to remember Beardsley as a player, so its a sad feeling if he gets the job as it's going to tarnish his legendary history by being Ashley's stooge.