Next NUFC Manager

Tooj

If you're basing that on because of how he was as a player then people like Daglish and Mancini prove that isn't really what happens.

Tbf the only player manager who's ever been successful is Dalglish at Liverpool. Got rid of the team he inherited by buying McMahon, Venison, Barnes, Houghton and Beardsley in his first 12 months. Easier said than done, even for a club of Liverpool's status back then. By the time he came to us though football had moved on but he hadn't.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give me a Colo/Jonas dream team until May and I'll be ecstatic. Imagine, man. The suits those two would parade around in alone and that's when Colo's actually playing. "A wear what a want, ye daft cunt" would be the words, just in Spanish.

:lol:

This is the only sensible approach to this whole pantomime.

Out of all of the names being mentioned, I would love Glenn Hoddle (minus Eileen) to be here. The football his sides produce are lovely. I'd take 5th-10th every season with nice NUFC like football not this "wot we av we faakin 'old" shit we've put up with for 4 years.

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that we could pluck a Pocchetino type appointment out of the ether? It makes the most sense for what Ashley wants to achieve. Hoddle is a good shout and he might look at our squad and think there's enough to be getting on with and a good scouting system in place, which may make him swallow his pride and give it a bash. Can't see anyone of his generation working easily with Ashley though.

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that we could pluck a Pocchetino type appointment out of the ether?

This is why Carr should be involved in the process. There's no one at the club with more experience of watching how other managers have performed and developed players.

I'm convinced whoever replaces Pardew is bound to be a trademark Mike Ashley disappointment. Someone like Curbishley would fit the bill perfectly - English, desperate, cheap, nobody wants him.

Bearing that in mind, I'm just glad the man himself has left. Setting to one side the dogshit football and the lickspittle attitude toward Ashley, neither of which are likely to change with the next appointment, he was just so dislikeable as a human being that he lowered the tone at the whole club.

C'mon, please explain why I got about 90 emails from Toontastic concerning a simple post I entered in this topic. and why is it showing I have 106 notations??

Edited by Noelie