Next NUFC Manager

Tooj

I think our defence can actually play very well sometimes - what we've always lacked for is consistency really. We can be god awful one game, and impenetrable the next.

Not saying that has anything to do with Carver though. The thing is he just doesn't strike me as intelligent enough to come up with set plays, reactive tactics, the formulation of a playing style that works to our strengths, etc. Apparently he must be an alright man manager since the team are behind him currently, but that's about it really.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think our defence can actually play very well sometimes - what we've always lacked for is consistency really. We can be god awful one game, and impenetrable the next.

Not saying that has anything to do with Carver though. The thing is he just doesn't strike me as intelligent enough to come up with set plays, reactive tactics, the formulation of a playing style that works to our strengths, etc. Apparently he must be an alright man manager since the team are behind him currently, but that's about it really.

Williamson just drags people down to his level, it could and and should be the other way round where he ups his game but we have a soft underbelly when we do concede. No surprise we have so many heavy defeats because apart from the Pardew factor we have had largely the same three players rotate the centre half position according to injuries/suspensions for the last four years.

Bruce likes to spend so i cannot see him accepting the job and the conditions .

Ok here's a question;

Why did you bring up Bruce, when a) nobody mentioned him, 2) he's already ruled himself out and iii) he's obviously not on the club's shortlist?

Is it because you're obsessed with sunderland?

Williamson just drags people down to his level, it could and and should be the other way round where he ups his game but we have a soft underbelly when we do concede. No surprise we have so many heavy defeats because apart from the Pardew factor we have had largely the same three players rotate the centre half position according to injuries/suspensions for the last four years.

I think at his best Coloccini drags people up a notch or two, but yeah, Williamson definitely limits his defensive partners. He hasn't even got the physical attributes to make up for his lack of mental attributes. He had a decent run, but his form since has been awful and I'd be playing Dummett at centre half alongside Colo instead of letting Iron Mike near the pitch any time soon.

Dummett seems to have done quite well - would he get on ahead of Taylor though? I'd say Colo and Taylor are our best CB pairing.

I don't think our poor performances were all down to Williamson, but I'd agree he's the least accomplished of our defenders. I think Pardew's tactics of inviting pressure made things much harder than they had to be in a number of games, and that this also contributed. I suspect Pardew could regularly lose 4-0 with some of the best defenders on the planet to be honest.

I think at his best Coloccini drags people up a notch or two, but yeah, Williamson definitely limits his defensive partners. He hasn't even got the physical attributes to make up for his lack of mental attributes. He had a decent run, but his form since has been awful and I'd be playing Dummett at centre half alongside Colo instead of letting Iron Mike near the pitch any time soon.

Coloccini looks a better player playing alongside Taylor, it's as simple as that really although that doesn't necessarily get our Captain off the hook with his odd shit performances.

Dummett seems to have done quite well - would he get on ahead of Taylor though? I'd say Colo and Taylor are our best CB pairing.

I don't think our poor performances were all down to Williamson, but I'd agree he's the least accomplished of our defenders. I think Pardew's tactics of inviting pressure made things much harder than they had to be in a number of games, and that this also contributed. I suspect Pardew could regularly lose 4-0 with some of the best defenders on the planet to be honest.

I certainly think Williamson at CB and Dummett at LB is cretinous. Dummett makes a better CB than Willo and Santon or Haidara make better LBs than Dummett. Its Pardewesque from Carver.

Oh absolutely, but I can't see Williamson suddenly becoming Der Kaiser under Garde or whomever.

Coloccini looks a better player playing alongside Taylor, it's as simple as that really although that doesn't necessarily get our Captain off the hook with his odd shit performances.

I'd love to see us sign a couple of centre halves which push Colo out of the 1st team. He's clever and isn't a busted flush yet, but his physical attributes are deserting him and his head & heart have gone.

We don't have an organiser at the back.Our defenders don't anticipate danger especially when balls are about to be played over the top or threaded through.We then don't have the pace to retreive the situations..Howey was excellent at anticipating and mopping up such balls.If a defender can anticipate then at times he can get away with not being particularly fast.Colo does this at times but at other times he hasn't a clue where his man has gone.We are also too easily pushed off the ball when defending.Dummett and Taylor are the only defenders who get stuck in.Both have their faults but both put a shift in .Being local lads might be one of the reasons why.

We'd go down with Carver tbh, from the evidence so far we'll be lucky to win any more games under him. Ashley can do what he fucking wants the fat wank but it's only going to cost him millions if he fucks about appointing a prick like Carver.

Can't wait to see the back of this horrible cunt of an owner, it's fucking gash following the club under him.

Whilst I'm not in the least bit in favour of Carver getting the job (I'm far from convinced he's a good enough coach to be assistant manager which in effect is what he was for Pardew), the performance in the first half at least on Saturday surely does give a bit of confidence that we can get a few more wins this season?

I agree with everything else like. Ashley is taking all of the pride and most of the joy out of being a Newcastle supporter.

Whilst I'm not in the least bit in favour of Carver getting the job (I'm far from convinced he's a good enough coach to be assistant manager which in effect is what he was for Pardew), the performance in the first half at least on Saturday surely does give a bit of confidence that we can get a few more wins this season?

I agree with everything else like. Ashley is taking all of the pride and most of the joy out of being a Newcastle supporter.

A small amount more than I felt before the game but it's easier to get a team pumped up to play against a side like Chelsea. I'm sure we'll win again I think I'm just sick and tired of having to think that Ashley might fuck around and appoint a bloke as pathetic as Carver. I fully agree that he's not good enough to be even an assistant manager for a Premier league club, I see him as the sort of bloke screaming at the under-12's from the touchline and considering cutting the skillful lad who's a bit short from the team.

I'm still holding out hope that this is just Ashley pissing around trying to distract from not signing anyone and that he'll appoint a manager first week of Feb, then again why would he give a fuck? he already knows we all think he's a fucking slug.

A small amount more than I felt before the game but it's easier to get a team pumped up to play against a side like Chelsea. I'm sure we'll win again I think I'm just sick and tired of having to think that Ashley might fuck around and appoint a bloke as pathetic as Carver. I fully agree that he's not good enough to be even an assistant manager for a Premier league club, I see him as the sort of bloke screaming at the under-12's from the touchline and considering cutting the skillful lad who's a bit short from the team.

I'm still holding out hope that this is just Ashley pissing around trying to distract from not signing anyone and that he'll appoint a manager first week of Feb, then again why would he give a fuck? he already knows we all think he's a fucking slug.

Yeah I feel totally the same. I can see the point of keeping carver around as someone who knows the club (most clubs seem to have a coach who's basically there for that) but that's not close to being enough to have him as manager.

I suppose you could argue that once this game is over they have a fortnight to get something going even if the players are fucking off for a week.

I wouldn't mind waiting till the summer if it meant someone decent but as others have said, the huge danger is Carver will do just enough to be appointed full time.

John Carver announced at today’s Southampton pre-match press conference that the search for a new manager/head coach is ‘well under way’ and the appointment could be made by time the Hull match comes around.

We play Hull on January 31st the window closes 2nd February forget about the transfer window.