Next NUFC Manager

Tooj

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A small amount more than I felt before the game but it's easier to get a team pumped up to play against a side like Chelsea. I'm sure we'll win again I think I'm just sick and tired of having to think that Ashley might fuck around and appoint a bloke as pathetic as Carver. I fully agree that he's not good enough to be even an assistant manager for a Premier league club, I see him as the sort of bloke screaming at the under-12's from the touchline and considering cutting the skillful lad who's a bit short from the team.

I'm still holding out hope that this is just Ashley pissing around trying to distract from not signing anyone and that he'll appoint a manager first week of Feb, then again why would he give a fuck? he already knows we all think he's a fucking slug.

You would have to go to the Scottish 2 Division to find similar to Carver.

I may be doing Carver a disservice here, and I have no evidence for this, but I imagine he's similar to Peter Reid in management style ie less about tactics/formations and more about 'fucking getting into them'. Which is met by bemused pouty indifference by the French contingent.

Edited by Kitman

John Carver has insisted he won't be Alan Pardew Mk 2 if he gets the Newcastle job.

The long-time Toon coach faces a key game against Southampton at the weekend where a win could help secure him the post until the end of the season.

Carver's critics say he will be too similar to Pardew - but he says he has already made changes to the tactics and regime, and is his "own man".

They include bringing Remy Cabella back into the side, and therefore reigning back Moussa Sissoko's attacking instincts to firm up the midfield.

He has also changed team meetings and is communicating daily with the Magpies' players.

He said: "People ask, 'Are you your own man?' Well, absolutely.

"If that's what they've been saying, I can understand that because I've been working with Alan. But I've set the team up slightly different on the pitch, certainly against Chelsea you saw a slightly different performance.

"I've done some things different on the team meetings, how I've worked with the players is slightly different. I am my own man.

"This is how I look at it: You live by the sword, you die by the sword.

"If I don't do it my way and I don't get the job, then I'll think, 'Why didn't I do it like that?' I'm going to do it my way and if I don't do the job then at least I know I've done it my way.

"It's not a job for the faint-hearted but you've seen the personalities we've had here in the past. It's a massive job.

"First, you've got to get the team right on the pitch and you've got to deal with everything else that goes on and you've got to have thick skin to deal with it all.

"There's no escape, but that's not a bad thing. We all know how much it means to people here. It's people's lives."

Carver will seek out managing director Lee Charnley for an update on the managerial situation this weekend, before leading the club's training break to Dubai.

"I'll have a conversation with Lee before we go away (to Dubai)," he said.

"I have had two of the best weeks of my life, because I've been able to get on with the football and not worry about anything else. I've been able to work with a group of players who have been absolutely outstanding.

"They've listened to what I've said and they've bought into what I've tried to do.

"When you've had two weeks like I've had, it gives you that hunger to want to do it for the rest of your life. It has absolutely whetted my appetite for it."

He's just trying to go for it. While we don't think he's good enough, this is the opportunity he's been waiting for his whole life by the sounds of it. Can't blame him for trying to go for it.

Charnley is the one to get angry at if it goes ahead.

"If I don't do it my way and I don't get the job, then I'll think, 'Why didn't I do it like that?' I'm going to do it my way and if I don't do the job then at least I know I've done it my way.

:lol: Channelling Sinatra.

The problem with any manager coming in is the defensive options they have to work with, as was seen at Chelsea. Carver set us up to take the game to Chelsea and we played them off the park first half. Pardew wouldn't have done that, he'd have sat back and invited pressure. That's a totally different approach and someone like Garde will bring that, but they'll be let down by poor defending which cost us at Chelsea. We are crying out for a couple of new defenders at least but any new manager will have to make do with the shit that is left for at least the rest of the season.

Not very good or so I've heard. Darlow is alright though.

Seems they've both been poor since the transfer was agreed. Mind, that might be Pearce's fault too.

Darlow looked like he was doing well earlier in the season but I think he's been dropped lately. Lacelles wasn't getting a looking earlier in the season (I think he was injured at the start like) but has played more since they started struggling.

5 Carver articles out of the last 6 in the Chron.

How much is that because they haven't the wherewithal to discover pertinent things about the others on the shortlist?

beyond the fact that Tuchel likes designing furniture?

I'll reserve my final judgment on Cardew until I see his starting line-up against Southampton.

If he starts Willo then it's get rid. He should start Dummett in the middle with Santon or Haidara on the left.

If he doesn't start Cabella then it's get rid.

I'll reserve my final judgment on Cardew until I see his starting line-up against Southampton.

If he starts Willo then it's get rid. He should start Dummett in the middle with Santon or Haidara on the left.

If he doesn't start Cabella then it's get rid.

Even if he does all that, which he should, it's still get rid, for me

How good is that lad from Notts Forest supposed to be then? Is he the answer in defense?

If he is the answer then I want to know what the question is. I have seen him for Notts. Forest and England U21's and he is crap. Darlow has looked pretty good when I have watched him but their defence is garbage. Surprised SP is still there.

If he is the answer then I want to know what the question is. I have seen him for Notts. Forest and England U21's and he is crap. Darlow has looked pretty good when I have watched him but their defence is garbage. Surprised SP is still there.

Danny Mills is on BBC sport website saying Pearce is a shit manager. Could he be holding lascelles back?

As soon as Keegan left Man City & Pearce was drafted in he dropped Mills straight away.

Bitterness perhaps but I suppose Pearce is a bit of a shite manager. :lol:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/john-carver-reveals-clashed-newcastle-8462572

Carver offered the fans out because Krul was dissapointed about the banners been shown before the game. I thought there was a banning of the local press just Carver seems to have plenty to say since Pardew buggered off.

No need to get in anyone eh? Not that getting anyone in now and handing them the chance to shift a couple of players and use the remaining nothing of a season to bed them in and get a team going for next season would be a good idea.

Not when Carver is doing such a stellar job anyway.