Next NUFC Manager

Tooj

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While Pardew is a cunt and shit manager, at least he is a manager. Carver would never be employed as a manager at any other club in the top couple of divisions at least.

Nail on the head tbh. Carver was basically there to provide a link between the players and the manager it would seem, the bloke has temper tantrums like a five year old and what seems like very little tactical nous, he's just not cut out for it basically. I think we're in real trouble if he is in charge until the end of the season as I don't see him picking up many points let alone the 18 or so it'll take.

i felt pardew's time was up personally, but i've always been worried about the next appointment because of ahsley's, frankly, shit record in that department. i'd like to think ashley won't leave carver in till the end of the season if he keeps this form up, but i wouldn't be surprised if he does.

eh?

you can wish for pardew to go, but as long as ashley is in charge, that wish won't necessarily be a wish for something better, is the point.

edit - because who the fuck knows who we'll end up with? whoever it ends up being, it'll almost certainly be someone shit. there's nothing in ashley's record so far to suggest otherwise.

Edited by Dr Gloom

you can wish for pardew to go, but as long as ashley is in charge, that wish won't necessarily be a wish for something better, is the point.

You're suggesting that some people were wishing for worse than Pardew?

Anybody wanting Pardew out is implicitly wishing for better. Surely?

That their wish may never come true is irrelevant, they're still wanting better.

That their wish may never come true is irrelevant, they're still wanting better.

I still stand by the view that changing Pardew was either a short term win or a long term win.

It's short term if we get a better manager

It's long term if we get relegated due to Ashley's poor decision making, and he's forced to sell us on. Of course that doesn't mean that he'd be able to, but at the same time we become a lot less attractive as an asset in the Championship.

The worst case scenario for me is that we get no change at all (i.e. someone of Pardew's ability) and stay midtable cannon fodder. But then we've not lost anything in losing Pardew.

It's long term if we get relegated due to Ashley's poor decision making, and he's forced to sell us on. Of course that doesn't mean that he'd be able to, but at the same time we become a lot less attractive as an asset in the Championship.

He wouldn't be forced to sell us though. He's capable of bankrolling us for a while with the parachute payments to lessen the burden. He'd much rather take the chance on getting us back up with the value of his asset restored than sell us at a cut price while in the Championship.

wishing, hoping, dreaming. whatever you want to call it.

most of us wanted pardew out, in the hope that ashley would buck the recent trend and appoint someone decent. i'm pleased pardew has gone - his brand of football made me want to hurt myself.

i hope i'm wrong about ashley. but the reality is, if you look at the recent evidence, that he'll probably appoint a replacement every bit as shit as pardew, or possibly even more shit, if, as looks likely, he sticks with carver.

I still stand by the view that changing Pardew was either a short term win or a long term win.

It's short term if we get a better manager

The worst case scenario for me is that we get no change at all (i.e. someone of Pardew's ability) and stay midtable cannon fodder. But then we've not lost anything in losing Pardew.

relegation is unlikely to be a long term win. we got lucky last time we went down by bouncing back at the first time of asking. that league isn't always so easy to get out of.

Wishing for better than Pardew isn't wrong regardless of whether the next appointment is better or not. We should certainly aspire to having a better person (in so many ways) than him managing our club.

I'm sure should Ashley appoint Carver or some no mark from the past like JFK that we'll have to suffer all sorts of cunts telling us we were better with Pardew and should have been happy with what we had but they can all fuck off and die for all I care.