Next NUFC Manager

Tooj

No no, you're doing it wrong, don't ask what it means, just mock anyone who uses it since you don't know.

;)

Dammit, I'm going from bad to worse in forum conventions!

:lol: It's the shit that clings onto the hair up your bum. So an apt description of our club, with the arse being the club and the clinging winnets would be Pardew, Charnley, Carver etc.

Thanks for clarifying and for that...graphic imagery. :lol:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me the whole 'we really had no idea we'd be losing Alan so we've never bothered thinking about anyone else' thing is complete bollocks. If they want to have this whole idea of having a head coach who can be changed for the next one who will buy into the same philosophy of the club and work with the same players so that they dont need wholesale changes when the head coach is changed (in some ways I suppose this would be the same idea Liverpool had with Shankley/Paisley/Fagan and Roy Evans and Ronnie Moran as coaches), you have to have an idea of who is about that could be a replacment. To say you had nothing lined up is one thing but to say there was no plans at all either makes them comlpetely incompetent or liars.

Either or both is quite possible with this lot!

To me the whole 'we really had no idea we'd be losing Alan so we've never bothered thinking about anyone else' thing is complete bollocks. If they want to have this whole idea of having a head coach who can be changed for the next one who will buy into the same philosophy of the club and work with the same players so that they dont need wholesale changes when the head coach is changed (in some ways I suppose this would be the same idea Liverpool had with Shankley/Paisley/Fagan and Roy Evans and Ronnie Moran as coaches), you have to have an idea of who is about that could be a replacment. To say you had nothing lined up is one thing but to say there was no plans at all either makes them comlpetely incompetent or liars.

Either or both is quite possible with this lot!

Aye, the whole "it just shows that we back our man when we have him so make no plans in case he leaves" argument is utter shite as him walking out proves because the statement depends on you losing faith in him and chucking him being the only way he could ever leave, so if they actually thought or believed that they are utterly incompetent as you say. It's the whole Carroll, Cabaye etc issues all over again, either no forward planning whatsoever because they simply don't want change or they're going to risk the cheaper option and see how it plays out.

It makes me feel Ashley plays a much larger hand than he/they let on as this situation is somewhat similar to the one that ended with Hughton's appointment, he was caretaker manager for a good portion of that Championship season with no appointment being made and that was under a different bloke than Charnley. They should have had a list of blokes that they would feel is right for the job in case Pardew left anything less than that is incompetent tbh. Even if their plan all along was to basically hope Carver can limp to the end of the season and even hope he turns out to be capable in the same way Hughton did it's ridiculous.

Aye, the whole "it just shows that we back our man when we have him so make no plans in case he leaves" argument is utter shite as him walking out proves because the statement depends on you losing faith in him and chucking him being the only way he could ever leave, so if they actually thought or believed that they are utterly incompetent as you say. It's the whole Carroll, Cabaye etc issues all over again, either no forward planning whatsoever because they simply don't want change or they're going to risk the cheaper option and see how it plays out.

It makes me feel Ashley plays a much larger hand than he/they let on as this situation is somewhat similar to the one that ended with Hughton's appointment, he was caretaker manager for a good portion of that Championship season with no appointment being made and that was under a different bloke than Charnley. They should have had a list of blokes that they would feel is right for the job in case Pardew left anything less than that is incompetent tbh. Even if their plan all along was to basically hope Carver can limp to the end of the season and even hope he turns out to be capable in the same way Hughton did it's ridiculous.

I've said all along that the only semi successful apointment (in terms of doing a good job football wise and not rocking the boat with them) was Hughton and he was just a happy accident. Keegan and Shearer were attempts to get the fans onside with no consideration given to what types of men and mangers those two would be. They could have never bought into how Ashley wants to play the game. Kinnear and Pardew were both cronies (I'm never going to buy the 'Mike had never met Alan before he came' shite) who could never get onside with the fans and simply weren't good managers. There's never been any real thought process other than get the fans onside or someone he knows and can control. It's now clear he's no interest in getting the fans onside anymore and has most likely run out of people who he knows to put into the job. There's been no planning because they don't have a clue who to appoint so they'll be hoping Carver can turn into another Hughton. The problem is Carver doesn't seem to have any of the attributes that Hughton had. If he stays in charge and we don't get relegated it will only be down to the teams who do go down being so bad that we only need a few more points to stay up because Carver is no ones idea of a man to lead the team.

I've said all along that the only semi successful apointment (in terms of doing a good job football wise and not rocking the boat with them) was Hughton and he was just a happy accident. Keegan and Shearer were attempts to get the fans onside with no consideration given to what types of men and mangers those two would be. They could have never bought into how Ashley wants to play the game. Kinnear and Pardew were both cronies (I'm never going to buy the 'Mike had never met Alan before he came' shite) who could never get onside with the fans and simply weren't good managers. There's never been any real thought process other than get the fans onside or someone he knows and can control. It's now clear he's no interest in getting the fans onside anymore and has most likely run out of people who he knows to put into the job. There's been no planning because they don't have a clue who to appoint so they'll be hoping Carver can turn into another Hughton. The problem is Carver doesn't seem to have any of the attributes that Hughton had. If he stays in charge and we don't get relegated it will only be down to the teams who do go down being so bad that we only need a few more points to stay up because Carver is no ones idea of a man to lead the team.

Fully agree on all points, especially the bit where you mention he has probably ran out of blokes he knows who can come in and take over for him. It's just a joke them trying to cover their incompetence by saying they're conducting what seems to be the most exhaustive search for the perfect manager in football history when their track record in that department has been the one of the most haphazard in football. Aye the argument is that Charnley and Carr are in control so it's different but I'm still not confident of that, if Carr was so highly thought of why was Kinnear able to walk in and instantly cancel the free transfer of Douglas, something Carr had been working on for fucking years.

Our run up to March is a rough one when you look at recent results and the 6 games from March into April are nothing short of a fucking nightmare, we need someone that can manage a team and can win tactical battles Carver isn't capable of either. Agree as well that Carver is the Hughton gamble but that he also holds none of Hughton's ability.

I have no faith in charnley as someone who's any more likely than Ashley to make a decent choice so that argument is worthless (I know you weren't making it anyway) and Carr whilst at least being at football man, still has no pedigree in this area.

I whole heartedly agree with the points made in this exchange.

:lol: This has certainly been an agreeable discussion about some disagreeable events, and I'm sure we can all agree on that.

Ok look, what's a winnet? :lol: I've been trying to ignore my ignorance for that term for ages and I just can't take it anymore.

:lol:

BEEP BEEP! Stevie, we have an OOTer! Repeat, we have an OOTer!

:lol: It's the shit that clings onto the hair up your bum. So an apt description of our club, with the arse being the club and the clinging winnets would be Pardew, Charnley, Carver etc.

:lol:

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Actually, was born and grew up in Newcastle - just never heard the phrase..!

I'm a Gosforth boy and even I know it (we had to speak the language of our manservants or else they wouldn't have known what they were cleaning).

I'm a Gosforth boy and even I know it (we had to speak the language of our manservants or else they wouldn't have known what they were cleaning).

I can honestly say that while I was at school (St. Cuthberts) no one ever used that term in conversation with me, or around me.

I recall 'dingleberries' being used but I expect you'll now tell me this is some sort of posh southern version of the word :lol:

Dingleberries, winnits, chuffnuts

I'm pretty sure they were all used on a Viz advert for Clag-gone (or something like that) which was an exercise bike with a rotating brush that you sat on to really properly clean your arse.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/22/frank-de-boer-newcastle-manager-ajax

Frank de Boer has opened the door to an approach from Newcastle United this summer.

The Ajax manager is understood to be on the St James’ Park shortlist to succeed Alan Pardew but has made it clear he would not countenance leaving Amsterdam before the end of the season.

De Boer has suggested he could be available come June. Asked if he would consider relocating to Tyneside the 44-year-old former Holland captain appeared to drop Mike Ashley a hint. “I have everything open,” said the Ajax head coach.

“But I will be ready that’s for sure. I only said if they asked I don’t go now because I am with Ajax and I don’t want to go halfway through a season while also stepping into a team that are already halfway too. So, for me, if there will be a chance it is always in the new season.”

Lee Charnley, Newcastle’s managing director and the man charged with leading the hunt for Pardew’s replacement, has recently indicated that the club may wait until the summer until filling their vacancy. It is thought Charnley could shortly announce that John Carver, the caretaker manager, will continue on a temporary basis.

Deferring a more permanent decision for a few months would have the added advantage of allowing Newcastle to select from a wider pool at a time when more candidates would be available. Others who could rival De Boer include Saint-Étienne’s Christophe Galtier, who remains adamant he is not prepared to quite the Ligue 1 team before May, Derby County’s Steve McClaren and Thomas Tuchel. The former Mainz coach is eight months into a year out from football.

De Boer has previously come close to managing in the Premier League. “Two years ago, I was very honoured that Liverpool asked me if I was interested in the job,” he told Sky Sports. “There was still other candidates also. But I just signed a new contract [at Ajax] and I said you are too early at this moment.

“And then Tottenham last year. I was one of the candidates and in the end they chose Pochettino and all respect to the choice. These were two clubs that I was quite interested in.

“I would like to manage in England but also Germany and the Spanish league because they are the three best leagues in the world, so I would like to get that experience.”