Next NUFC Manager

Tooj

'This one, for me, is not something I will be interested in,' Sherwood told talkSPORT.

'I want to make sure the next one [managerial job] is going to be the right one. I want to be picky, I want to be picking the right one.

'I am still a young manager and I think there is plenty of time for me. I don't want to rush back into the first job [offered]. I'm desperate to get back in but I'm not desperate for anything.'

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know how the 5th placed finish was mainly down to the players, will this crop of shitkickers be able to keep us up on their todd, because I'm certain it's going to be Carver until the summer.

He'll certainly be matey and has boundless optimism, like a box full of puppies, but he has no more tactical acumen than a box full of puppies.

If we had a proper captain I'd be more confident, but Colo isn't a team leader. Can be good at organising the defence, but I honestly believe he needs a Nolan or whomever to shake the cobwebs from his hair and keep him focussed.

On paper we've a team capable of survival, but without any kind of leadership, either on the pitch or off, I'm beginning to get very worried.

If we had a proper captain I'd be more confident, but Colo isn't a team leader. Can be good at organising the defence, but I honestly believe he needs a Nolan or whomever to shake the cobwebs from his hair and keep him focussed.

On paper we've a team capable of survival, but without any kind of leadership, either on the pitch or off, I'm beginning to get very worried.

Completely agree.

You know how the 5th placed finish was mainly down to the players, will this crop of shitkickers be able to keep us up on their todd, because I'm certain it's going to be Carver until the summer.

He'll certainly be matey and has boundless optimism, like a box full of puppies, but he has no more tactical acumen than a box full of puppies.

If it gets really bad they'll bring someone in though. We're all talking as though January ends and then that's it. We can replace Carver any time.

De boer would be an ideal appointment. Great reputation as a player and manager - the type good players would want to come and play for, exactly why I don't see him coming to us

I would imagine De Boer would take some persuading to leave Ajax he played for the youth team. He played 328 first team games for Ajax he's their current manager i would imagine he has free reign to do pretty much as he wants at Ajax. Would he give that up to come and work under Ashley and co. Also i would imagine he'd want his backroom staff with him. Imo its all smoke and mirrors regarding De Boer

Cast your mind back 12 months and see how the players applied themselves once we were out of the fa cup...they didn't try a fuckin leg and Pardew admitted that he couldn't motivate them . How hard are they going to try for his half wit sidekick?

Cast your mind back 12 months and see how the players applied themselves once we were out of the fa cup...they didn't try a fuckin leg and Pardew admitted that he couldn't motivate them . How hard are they going to try for his half wit sidekick?

I agree to an extent but the players also knew they had pretty much already done enough to stay in the league by the time Cabaye went. This season we're 9 points worse off so hopefully they will be just about sharp enough to realise that they'll need to more to ensure our position. I can't imagine they'll do more than that but I hope they'll do just enough!