John carver - Audition 2- failed

salsaman7

Oh dear john. You say you value the fa cup yet you play a second string team against Leicester away. I must admit I didn't follow the game but have read the reports on sky sports and must say... Come on john, what the hell was that? Several recognised players having poor games including tiote. Armstrong being trusted yet again in what must be classed as a 'must win' game, not just for the fans but for carver if he wants this job until the summer or heaven forbid full time. If this is his best shot then carver isn't good enough.

Oh dear john. You say you value the fa cup yet you play a second string team against Leicester away. I must admit I didn't follow the game but have read the reports on sky sports and must say... Come on john, what the hell was that? Several recognised players having poor games including tiote. Armstrong being trusted yet again in what must be classed as a 'must win' game, not just for the fans but for carver if he wants this job until the summer or heaven forbid full time. If this is his best shot then carver isn't good enough.

Neither was his predecessor.

:lol: Okay and? No one on here wanted Carver to be Manager, he's as thick and as much a cunt as the prick that just left. Hopefully he follows his grey haired mate out the door sharpish and we can get a professional in who can get a team playing half decent football and doesn't let his side get turned over 4-0 with alarming regularity.

Wonder how long it'll be before he starts offering to fight supporters who voice their disapproval. Again. The spirit of Bobby Robson indeed

John Carver has publicly declared his interest in the Newcastle job for the first time.

Carver, speaking after the Magpies' 1-0 defeat at Leicester in the FA Cup third round, has been in caretaker charge of first-team affairs for the past two matches, while Alan Pardew's move away to Crystal Palace has been engineered.

That was officially finalised on Saturday morning but Carver felt unable to go public until the matter was sorted, despite telling the Newcastle players his plan to 'throw his hat into the ring'.

leicester-goal-newcastle-ulloa-leonardo-

Leonardo Ulloa scored the only goal of the game for Leicester

Carver, who believes the St James' Park job will be that of a head coach rather than a manager, said: "Alan has gone now, it's been announced.

"At the time when all that is going on it's difficult to say how you feel, but obviously deep down inside I want to be head coach of this football club.

"I am going to throw my hat into the ring. I did tell the players but I couldn't make it public - now I am.

"I have got to be honest. I haven't spoken with (owner) Mike (Ashley), but there's no need for me to speak with Mike or be in touch. The role is of head coach, not manager. The job of a head coach is to prepare the players and the team for the next match, which is what I've been doing."

AlanPardew_3247009.jpg

Newcastle created little during the game and the majority of the 4,319 Geordies who had made the journey turned on their team late on and chanted for owner Mike Ashley to 'get out of our club'.

They had seen their team lose for the fourth away match in a row and even booed the players, together with Carver, at the end as they came over to applaud the fans.

Carver said: "The fans pay their money and they are entitled to do that and react that way.

"It's hugely embarrassing but they are entitled to do that. One thing I was going to make sure I do was make sure the players did go over. I wasn't going to shirk that responsibility and I wanted to make sure the players didn't either."

Bolded the most worrying.

Only at this club would someone think a home draw and a loss against two of the division's worst teams would entitle them to "throw their hat into the ring."

Edited by acrossthepond

I doubt Carver is up to it as a head coach or a manager, however he defines the role. He just doesn't inspire any confidence in me. I'm not even sure he can get 15 points out of this team before the end of the season.

I doubt Carver is up to it as a head coach or a manager, however he defines the role. He just doesn't inspire any confidence in me. I'm not even sure he can get 15 points out of this team before the end of the season.

He looks like he'd probably be happy to get 15 pints out of them.

Agreed, carver doesn't fit the bill from a fans perspective. He's a Geordie and I'd love him to do well but I just don't think he has it in his locker, if he even has a locker

:lol: Satchel with ACAB written on it.

I can't see it happening, if it does then Ashley is just costing himself a load of money with the inevitable relegation that would follow the appointment. As I said before I don't even feel confident this bloke can pick up the points needed to see out this season, let alone have a full season in charge. His decision making is fucking woeful and he's possibly more of a prick than Pardew. I think Ashley will appoint a proper manager tbh, the Hughton thing worked well but Hughton was pretty highly regarded as a coach anyway I've never heard similar said of Charver Carver.