Shearer's latest thought's on Ashley.

trooper

Allardyce completely destroyed our team. The amount of dross he bought and the kind of football we played was one of the worst I've seen by any manager at the club.

Cant believe he wasted money on the likes of Cacapa, Faye, Smith, Geremi when there were so many better options out there available.

I still meet a few 'fans' of the game, who thought he was treated badly by the club and supporters because we were 11th when he got sacked. :glare:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect most ex pro footballers don't bother to do any research and either just spout the consensus view or regurgitate what someone else has told them in the pub. If they'd actually watched Pardews teams getting regularly stuffed 3 or 4 nil over the last 2 seasons, the dreadful standard of football, the negative tactics and bizarre subs etc, they wouldn't speak up for him. Same goes for Allardyce when he managed us, he was dogshit awful.

Townsend has always been a rotten pundit. Offers nothing a gobby bloke from the pub couldbt provide

:aye: That's it like, it's always different watching a team week in week out than looking at a form table or a recent game and passing comment. Like IndianMag said I think most pundits couldn't give a fuck about most teams outside the bigger sides so all they do is take a quick look at recent results and see a couple wins and go "he's doing a good job".

I still meet a few 'fans' of the game, who thought he was treated badly by the club and supporters because we were 11th when he got sacked. :glare:

The two games I'd challenge anyone to watch and stick up for him are that Portsmouth drubbing at home where we went 3-0 down after 20 mins and the Fulham away game we won 1-0 on a last minute Barton penalty. Absolute fucking shite.

We were literally in the process of getting relegated when Allardyce was given the boot, 11th or not. He was diabolical and we'd never have survived if he'd lasted much longer. Anyone who ever saw us play during that time period (Cacapa getting subbed after 18 minutes at home to Pompey, anyone?) knows that.

EDIT: Howay beat me to it, but aye that Fulham away game was utter dogshit. On par with the 6-0 loss to Liverpool for how bad we were, just we were up against an equally dire team.

Edited by acrossthepond

We were literally in the process of getting relegated when Allardyce was given the boot, 11th or not. He was diabolical and we'd never have survived if he'd lasted much longer. Anyone who ever saw us play during that time period (Cacapa getting subbed after 18 minutes at home to Pompey, anyone?) knows that.

EDIT: Howay beat me to it, but aye that Fulham away game was utter dogshit. On par with the 6-0 loss to Liverpool for how bad we were, just we were up against an equally dire team.

:lol: Aye it always makes me laugh when I hear pundits point to Allardyce leaving as the reason we went down, we were tragic under that bloke and even if it didn't happen that year (which it probably would have) it was coming. The fact is that most fans had pretty much given up hope of him getting sacked by the time Ashley did get round to sacking him anyway.

I remember saying I'd rather Championship football than Allardyce and I still stick by that team under him was utterly depressing to watch. Both teams should have been docked points for that Fulham game, it was embarrassing. We've watched some right fucking shite during Ashley's tenure :lol:

The Fulham game I remember is the one in 03/04 where we dominated them, more shots (15 on, 4 off, 7 blocked) more possession (62.8%), more everything (19 corners to 0) and they won 4-1.

Fucking Souness, Fucking Kluivert, Fucking Crossley

The Fulham game I remember is the one in 03/04 where we dominated them, more shots (15 on, 4 off, 7 blocked) more possession (62.8%), more everything (19 corners to 0) and they won 4-1.

Fucking Souness, Fucking Kluivert, Fucking Crossley

Aye I remember that one, I remember Bellamy climbing all over the back of a player to get our goal and the ref just letting it go :lol: probably just felt sorry for us.

Aye I remember that one, I remember Bellamy climbing all over the back of a player to get our goal and the ref just letting it go :lol: probably just felt sorry for us.

Probably trying to make amends for screwing out of a penalty and (though I don't remember it) a foul in a build up to one of their goals.

Probably trying to make amends for screwing out of a penalty and (though I don't remember it) a foul in a build up to one of their goals.

True enough, just 4 counter attacks for their goals, they barely had the ball out their half ffs.

Aye, I remember that Fulham game. I still don't know how we managed to win that game.

Derby away was another one. We dropped 5 points against Derby that season. They only managed 14 that entire season. :bang:

Derby :lol: iirc we set out to preserve a 0-0 scoreline against a team everyone else was beating easily with a modicum of attacking intent. That reminds of someone who left us recently....

Derby :lol: iirc we set out to preserve a 0-0 scoreline against a team everyone else was beating easily with a modicum of attacking intent. That reminds of someone who left us recently....

:lol: We accounted for nearly all of Kenny Millers goals that year in all.

:lol: We accounted for nearly all of Kenny Millers goals that year in all.

I was at their place for the midweek league game, he scored a belter. Fuckin dreadful season until Birmingham away, nicked a point and KK had turned it round, twatting Spurs away singing "Keegan is back, Keegan is back, hallo,hallo..." ...little did we know :glare:

Edited by PaddockLad

I was at their place for the midweek league game, he scored a belter. Fuckin dreadful season until Birmingham away, nicked a point and KK had turned it round, twatting Spurs away singing "Keegan is back, Keegan is back, hallo,hallo..." ...little did we know :glare:

We did eventually get THE King though!

I was at that particular atrocity - Alan Smith on the right wing springs to mind, though I was mortal.

People who say we were wrong to get rid of that fat headed cunt didn't have experiences such as going to the worst team in Premier League history and the matchday highlight being eating a burger off a Loughborough pavement after 15 tequilas.

I was at that particular atrocity - Alan Smith on the right wing springs to mind, though I was mortal.

People who say we were wrong to get rid of that fat headed cunt didn't have experiences such as going to the worst team in Premier League history and the matchday highlight being eating a burger off a Loughborough pavement after 15 tequilas.

Jesus, trust dogshite managers to try and be oversmart and play players completely out of position for 'tactical' reasons. Some terrible ones that spring to mind :-

1) Bellamy on the right side of midfield when he was in the form of his life to accommodate Shearer and Kluivert- Sourmess

2) My favorite one - Shola on the left - Sourmess

3) Zog/Duff as left backs - Joe Kinnear/Shearer

4) Alan Smith on the right side of midfield - Fat Sam

5) Geremi on the pitch - Fat Sam

6) Luque as a lone striker - Roeder and ofcourse,

7) Cisse on the right wing - Pardoo

Will be very interesting to see where Perez will end up playing a few years down the line. Will he be like a Rooney who will be floated around for the sake of the team or will he develop into a specialized striker/number 10? Personally think he's tailor made for the number 10 role. Knowing our luck, we will probably hoy him on one of the flanks to be the second full back. :angry2: