Gigs 2024

catmag

Ritchie Manic provided my favourite ever live music moment.....surveying the timeless Vale of Avalon sunset on the Friday night at Glastonbury 1993(?)  he uttered " aah they should build a couple of  by-passes over this fuckin shithole" :lol: 

I wonder what would have happened with them if he hadn't gone missing and was a functioning member....

how long would they have realistically lasted?

Going to Shambhala 2017 this weekend, line-up includes

The Orb

LTJ Bukem

DJ Jazzy Jeff

A-skills

Chali2na and the FunkHunters

Smalltown DJ's

Krafty Kuts 

etc. etc.

• Like 1

On 06/08/2017 at 9:51 PM, PaddockLad said:

Ritchie Manic provided my favourite ever live music moment.....surveying the timeless Vale of Avalon sunset on the Friday night at Glastonbury 1993(?)  he uttered " aah they should build a couple of  by-passes over this fuckin shithole" :lol: 

Pretty sure that was Nicky Wire. Ritchie was troubled but less of a cunt.

i pretty much lost interest in their music after the holy bible too. Loved the first three albums as a nipper and saw them at the uni when they were still a 4 piece, one of the best gigs I've ever been to.

39 minutes ago, tooner said:

Going to Shambhala 2017 this weekend, line-up includes

The Orb

LTJ Bukem

DJ Jazzy Jeff

A-skills

Chali2na and the FunkHunters

Smalltown DJ's

Krafty Kuts 

etc. etc.

Sounds canny.

On 8/9/2017 at 8:27 AM, Alex said:

Sounds canny.

Should be good, new wrinkle is that there is a forest fire about 10.5 km to the south-east so there is an evacuation alert in the area.  10000 festival goers and another 4-5000 in staff and volunteers would need to G.T.F.O. in a hurry if this fire flares up.

maybe i'm just not meant to see LTJ live.

Does indeed.

Saw a skills and krafty kuts b2b at the big chill a few years back and it was the set of the weekend. Proper party tunes mixed up with turntablism skills.

jazzy Jeff is still one of the best party djs going. saw him at plan b in Brixton a couple of years back and it was great to see an old timer embrace new technology. He was mixing and scratching old school party tunes on serrato.

I saw bukem at at the bussey building in Peckham the other week and He must be over 50 now but he was still mint.

Jazzy Jeff's fucking class. Much more talented than Will Smith (musically at least). Better at acting too going off the Fresh Prince :lol: Bukem is obvs totes amazeballs. Or he was when I was still alive

IT WAS AMAZING!!!! But a roller coaster as well as the evacuation was on and off, finally got some rain on Sunday morning so they decided to keep the festival going.  The Orb was great but a much different set than you'd expect at a festival, had loads of nods to their ambient house hits.  DJ Jazzy Jeff was one of the best sets of the weekend, his scratching is head and shoulders above most other Dj's, JFB was rediculous and we got to hang out with him on Sunday afternoon while he practiced his set.  Had never heard of WBBL and as such his set was the surprise of the weekend for me, played lots of classic tunes and you could tell how stoked he was to see the Fractal Forest going off the deep-end. Sadly LTJ didn`t make it to the festival, plane could land because of smoke. I took loads of video but the sound is fucking terrible, might try to clean it up a bit and will post them if it works out.

• 4 weeks later...

Just used viagogo for the first time. Tickets for TheThe next June, only playing the Albert hall and Brixton the night after.  If Matt Johnson announces a nationwide tour next week I think I might have a breakdown :huh:

Edited by PaddockLad

I think it was Meenzer that originally mentioned 65daysofstatic all those years ago, amazing band.

Anyway one of the few shows they are playing this year, and I wish I could get there, is at the Boiler Shop in Newcastle, 5 December.

http://www.stephensonworks.com/tickets/2017/12/5/65daysofstatic

Go see them if you can.

I see The Fall, Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Liars are also playing at the Boiler Shop in October - you lucky bastards.

I saw The Fall playing at that BBC Radio 6 festival a couple of years ago. Mark E Smith was giving the band hell, turning all the amps up and messing with the keyboard. Generally being a dickhead, well worth a watch,

• Meenzer changed the title to Gigs 2024