Gigs 2024

catmag

I was at that gig! The manics were mint, the 760 mile round trip was enlightening.

They've done a few of these full album/hits things now and they work very well as I think the albums suit run throughs and it also allows a bit of flexibility in the hits part.

Yeh there was a few a fancied them to play which they didn't but I wasn't fussed as the overall package was enjoyable.

The place went up when The chorus of Elvis Impersonator kicked in and it never really settled down too much. Fantastic environment to watch Them in & the Welsh lads were proper friendly.

I was off my head like but the memories have come back to me now. Managed to recreate that Cisse chip before the Manics started. Only caught the end of the Furrys and missed PSB but I wasn't that arsed.

I've seen them three times on very "Welsh" occasions as any big gig with a proud band is bound to become and even being English I've enjoyed experiencing what I would call a good version of nationalism - I thought the euro song was a highlight though including Gary Speed certainly helped as well.

Definitely, though I was absolutely off my tits at that point so it's a bit fuzzy. First pint at 11 and a Welshman bought us several whiskies about 3ish after hearing us say we'll settle down our drinking before the gig.

But yeh....I'm not sure I'd want to go all that way in a car again but it was certainly something special!

• 3 weeks later...

Tickets for Bryan Adams at CLS cricket ground

If you grew up in CLS you would know how ridiculous it is that we now get Ashses tests and Rock concerts :lol:

I grew up in Washington but my dad was head doorman at Crocodillos and before the "The Sombrero" so yes that is all mental.

The 50 year old wife at work was telling me how great Adams was at the Arena recently. Reckons she's been to see him loads of times and he's never been better. He can't have been much fucking worse either.

• Meenzer changed the title to Gigs 2024