Gigs 2024

catmag

i'm going on friday. excited but also terrified to see bob smith in his current, bloated state

robert-smith-cure.jpg

:lol: Cant wait to see the clip of the support, called 'The Twilight Sad'. They sound shite. 

Not the biggest massive fan in the world either but a mate wanted to go and we havent seen each other in ages. I did dabble in goth as a young teen. Plus In Between Days and Just Like Heaven are incredible songs. And there are at least 10 to 15 other massive hits that are pissed singalong fodder so should be a laugh.

Saw them last night in Manc. They didn't play for that long originally but did three encores. Last one was, lullaby, Friday I'm in love, boys don't cry, close to me and why can't I be you.

Pretty epic way to end the gig like, spangled at work this morning though.

Took the current Mrs PL to see fat Bob and his muckers at the Hammersmith appollo a couple of years back just before Christmas. I'd always liked them but hadn't really got any of their stuff so was a bit ambivalent about going but it turned out to be utterly brilliant, definetly one of the best gigs I've been to.

:lol: Cant wait to see the clip of the support, called 'The Twilight Sad'. They sound shite.

Not the biggest massive fan in the world either but a mate wanted to go and we havent seen each other in ages. I did dabble in goth as a young teen. Plus In Between Days and Just Like Heaven are incredible songs. And there are at least 10 to 15 other massive hits that are pissed singalong fodder so should be a laugh.

I loved them in my early teens - close to me, lovecats, boys don't cry, love song. I wish I'd seen them then though. I'm not sure how I feel about watching an ancient roly poly Smith Wobble around stage.

• 2 weeks later...

Can one of the mods update the subject to 2017.

Jan.

Dinosaur Jr

Feb.

The Descendents

Mar.

The Pixies

The Damned

Possibly Kurt Vile

And a bunch of local stuff like the Straight Arrows, Mere Women, Zeahorse, Terrible Truths.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Meenzer changed the title to Gigs 2024