Gigs 2024

catmag

Quite tempted by the Manics but will probably wait to see what they do down here first.

Also U2 are doing a Joshua Tree anniversary tour but it's fucking Twickenham which is a pain in the arse - I've always been tempted to see them in Ireland so might do that instead.

Can one of the mods update the subject to 2017.

Jan.

Dinosaur Jr

Feb.

The Descendents

Mar.

The Pixies

The Damned

Possibly Kurt Vile

And a bunch of local stuff like the Straight Arrows, Mere Women, Zeahorse, Terrible Truths.

Saw the descendants last year in Blackpool. Class

A1F1F1A0-E41A-4ABF-B3F0-D3DF70F949E9_zps

Edited by StraightEdgeWizard

Seem em a couple of years ago at Hyde Park, there were fucking mint.

Also seen the Manics play at Swansea's stadium and they were class so I'm temped for that. Probably a better mix of songs too - but the Swansea gig was Everythiny Must go all the way through - which was special I suppose.

Seem em a couple of years ago at Hyde Park, there were fucking mint.

Also seen the Manics play at Swansea's stadium and they were class so I'm temped for that. Probably a better mix of songs too - but the Swansea gig was Everythiny Must go all the way through - which was special I suppose.

The Manics have a new album out this year but they're usually sensible when playing festivals or big gigs to play greatest hits sets so I'll still be tempted if they do a similar gig down here.

I just failed to get tickets for Sabbath for the Never Say Die tour (old cunt card) but my first two gigs were them with Dio on the Heaven and Hell tour and then Ozzy with the Blizzard of Oz - both were great.

I had to wait till an Ozzfest at Milton Keynes in 2000 before seeing the full original line-up - that was also great.

It's a shame Bill isn't playing but when blokes get to their age it's understandable - of course Sharon Osborne being a mega cunt doesn't help.

The manics had a mini greatest hits after the album so

I imagine it'll just be a full on greatest hits show with a few new tracks.

The drummer Sabbath had a few years ago was unreal like, some South American bloke and his drum solo was actually worth listening to. Deafening too!

Ozzy was a bit senile mind, had a screen to

Read the words off.

I got tickets for the other as part of her Christmas present to see the Kaiser Chiefs later in the year but after listening to their lastest album it has a less of an light indie feel and more "your BBC Saturday mainstream now" kinda of vibe :(

Belly last night - joyful ecstacy.

Just read that Gail Greenwood was diagnosed with cancer six weeks before the tour started, had an op just before it then underwent chemo throughout the US leg.

What a fucking heroine.

I got tickets for the other as part of her Christmas present to see the Kaiser Chiefs later in the year but after listening to their lastest album it has a less of an light indie feel and more "your BBC Saturday mainstream now" kinda of vibe :(

Don't see how that's different to any of their other stuff tbh ;)

• 2 months later...

Jesus and Marychain on Saturday at our local O2.... for a pair of twats the wrong side of 55 they were off the scale. They judged the pace brilliantly, the whole thing built to a massive crescendo at the end where they played Reverence which nearly took the roof off :D I'd forgotten how much I loved them when I was younger, we got a bus from Gala Tech before I was even aged to drink to see them in Glasgow, that gig ended after about 10 mins when some of the locals decided to have a riot :glare:

Ps ... pleased I didn't burst into tears during April Skies as I did in 1994 listening to it on a Walkman sat on a train between New York and Boston :blush:

Jesus and Marychain on Saturday at our local O2.... for a pair of twats the wrong side of 55 they were off the scale. They judged the pace brilliantly, the whole thing built to a massive crescendo at the end where they played Reverence which nearly took the roof off :D I'd forgotten how much I loved them when I was younger, we got a bus from Gala Tech before I was even aged to drink to see them in Glasgow, that gig ended after about 10 mins when some of the locals decided to have a riot :glare:

Ps ... pleased I didn't burst into tears during April Skies as I did in 1994 listening to it on a Walkman sat on a train between New York and Boston :blush:

They play anything off the new elpee PL?

I saw them beginning of last year and they were great but for some reason really quiet.

Off to see Helmet for some 90 drop D action later in the month and the Undertones first tour of Australia in June, only about 30 years late.

They play anything off the new elpee PL?

I saw them beginning of last year and they were great but for some reason really quiet.

Off to see Helmet for some 90 drop D action later in the month and the Undertones first tour of Australia in June, only about 30 years late.

Yeah mate, they probably played 5 or 6, one of the duets with their sister on vocals, she also did "just like honey". I missed them by a week in Auckland last year and was gutted, think they'd done Oz by then which is where we were heading after NZ.

Really like the new album, sounds like they've been listening to old Hawkwind tracks :thumbup:

Enjoy Feargal and the lads topping their pensions up. Saw Helmet at Reading years ago, never really got into them though. Liked this though..

https://vimeo.com/30231400

Edited by PaddockLad

Going to see athletico mince live show in manc tonight, not music but technically a gig

Went to see them last night.  Did most of things you'd expect them to do from the podcast.  We went to the second showing which seemed to lead to them having had a few drinks before they came on which only added to their charm (particularly Bob's).

• Meenzer changed the title to Gigs 2024