Gigs 2024

catmag

• 2 months later...

Last weekend saw J Mascis solo on the Friday, went to a festival called Farmer and Owls where I saw Snail Mail, Beach House, J Mascis, The Aints, A Place to Bury Strangers, Amyl and the Sniffers and a bunch of smaller bands.

Sunday night saw A Place to Bury Strangers again and Monday night Beach House.

The Jesus and Mary Chain tomorrow night, Straight Arrows as mentioned above next week, then in the next month or so Tropical Fuck Storm (the guys from the Drones new band), Gang of Four, Hugh Cornwell, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever and later in the year Sisters of Mercy (I know wtf?).

Morning Scotty, FYI you're not a hipster if you were there the first time around.

That should ease your guilt a little bit when you and CT are off to see the next Ah Ha or Bros show.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

The Chats, you cannot go wromg with a bit of bogan pub rock young Tom!

You need to get yourself a bit Amyl & the Sniffers; also some Skeggs; and maybe some Hockey Dad if that's your thing.

I'd still recommend making the effort to see TFS, I've seen them twice in the last month and they're worth the cover charge.

Just for their Missy Elliot cover.

I’ll look them up Sammy! 

Need a bit of a change & honestly prefer the simplicity to a lot of other stuff kicking about at the moment.

• 2 months later...

Just saw Sam Fender. Good show in a small venue, 200 or so capacity that was sold out and full off 20 something girls and middle aged Geordies.

Band was tight and SF has some decent tunes in him, well worth the effort for a Wednesday night.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
13 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I've bought tickets for December for the Sleaford Mods at the Brighton Dome. By my estimation its 50/50 to actually go ahead, but hey here's hoping

Sickeningly  just realised I will be 60 by the time it rolls around.

We're off to London to see them..Fontaines DC in May is looking unlikely though... 😒

I might travel 90 minutes south of Sydney on Saturday to go see a small punk gig as all the local Sydney venues are still shut.

The hope of seeing something bigger than 50 people is still some way off and forget international touring acts for another year or so.

35 minutes ago, sammynb said:

I might travel 90 minutes south of Sydney on Saturday to go see a small punk gig as all the local Sydney venues are still shut.

The hope of seeing something bigger than 50 people is still some way off and forget international touring acts for another year or so.

Meanwhile in New Zealand:

image.png.e67f384d2d43bd1a012c2126110a0e48.png

8 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

But our population is so much bigger than New Zealand's and they don't have any densely populated cities unless you include the ones that are.

Auckland_skyline_2019.jpg

And Japan, for example, have coped much better too. All this ‘now isn’t the time for recriminations’ crack pisses me off like. Aye let’s have a public inquiry in 15 years which won’t solve anything anyway 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alex said:

And Japan, for example, have coped much better too. All this ‘now isn’t the time for recriminations’ crack pisses me off like. Aye let’s have a public inquiry in 15 years which won’t solve anything anyway 

It's the US school shooting mentality. "Now is not the time to politicise the issue." Well when fucking is, then?

Don’t know if you’ve seen any of the programmes on bbc4 about the Obama administration. The gun nuts accused him of weaponising the parents. His response was - are you really saying the victims’ families of this and similar events shouldn’t have a say on this? Or words to that effect 

• Meenzer changed the title to Gigs 2024