Gigs 2024

catmag

Went to see them last night. Did most of things you'd expect them to do from the podcast. We went to the second showing which seemed to lead to them having had a few drinks before they came on which only added to their charm (particularly Bob's).

Sounds good to me, I'm already at the pub so just the sight of bob will be enough for me I reckon.

Incidentally Imre Varadi's Walkie Talkie was my piss take of Ketsbaia's Mobile. Can't remember if that was one of Vic's (remember him? :lol: :lol: :lol: ) or Asprilla's Foreskin's aliases.

• 1 month later...

Had a few (loads) to drink in the sun on Sunday, checked my bank today and discovered I have bought tickets to King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard in June

5 hours ago, Alex said:

If the gig is half as good as the name it should be class

Think Thee Oh Sees meets Tame Impala meets The Heads all on a tab of acid.

Strawb will drunk dialing that night.

• 1 month later...

Kraftwerk was largelly brilliant at the sage last night but there were several massive clangers where they went totally out of sync.  For the first one my mate grabbed my knee in horror like Thierry Henry with Jamie Redknapp when Rogers got sacked.

That's how astounding the crack in the veneer of German efficiency was.

• 2 weeks later...

We're coming up for a couple of the gigs at that Americana festival at the Sage in a few weeks' time. The stuff on the free stage looks canny too so get down there if the weather's decent and I'll shout all y'all a Virgin Mary. Yeehaw, etc 

9 hours ago, Meenzer said:

We're coming up for a couple of the gigs at that Americana festival at the Sage in a few weeks' time. The stuff on the free stage looks canny too so get down there if the weather's decent and I'll shout all y'all a Virgin Mary. Yeehaw, etc 

I really fancied William Bell with the Stax All-Stars (or whatever they're called) but not for 35 quid a ticket, zut alores. Not like that has much impact on anything you've just said there, I just wanted to say it.

That's a bit of a gouge, aye. The two things we're seeing are in the smaller venue and I called up to get an early bird multi-ticket discount like the Extreme Couponing viewer I am, so there's even enough left in the kitty for a dammsugare or two at the Dala Café. :nufc:

So, someone please help me out here. I'm trying to buy tickets for Ed Sheeran concert at SJP next year for my sister who can't use technology. They went on sale today via ticketmaster at 10am, I was ready, logged in and put in a queue just to be informed they are sold out. Two things:

1) Practically is there anything else I can do to get tickets not involving a tout. I don't want to disappoint my sister.

2) But really this is what I need help with. I just don't get it. Why are there 50,000 people willing to pay £90 to watch the ginger busker* play in a fucking football stadium for what would amount to the cost of a cheap holiday assuming a couple went and got drinks etc? I mean, we live in times of austerity and people are willing to spend this amount of money on this shit? I would have thought a solo acoustic artist was probably the least suited to this venue type imaginable. Apparently, 50000 odd people disagree.

* Sorry Ed. I've nowt against your music, although it's a bit bland for my tastes. I think describing you as a good busker is about right though. Nothing against your gingerness.  

Ticketmaster run a sub-site called get me in where they legally tout their own tickets under the guise of a "fan site".

Can't help with the whys and wherefores - he doesn't appeal to me.

• Meenzer changed the title to Gigs 2024