Gigs 2024

catmag

Times of austerity? :lol: That's public spending not *the* public spending. Personal debt is soaring, is it not?

Anyway - my only advice would be to try a website like Stubhub nearer the time & you might get a couple of tickets face value.

This only really works with big events as touts or people buy a lot of tickets, try to

sell them at a huge profit and tend to cut their losses nearer the time.

So I'd try on the day or the day before. Right now they'll be around £300-400 or whatever.

Cheers guys, I kept on persevering and got some tickets in the end, presumably from some failed shoppers.

Ed Sheeran though? Fucking hell, still don't get it. I remember queuing up for Queen tickets in the 80s and missing out: that, I understand. Would probably do it again if they resurrected Freddy. But this? Scratching my head. :unsure:

I think it was on Twitter @Ayatollah Hermione Summed it up as "music for people who don't listen to music".

i actually watched his Glastonbury set out of curiosity, most of it was utter shit but I literally burst out laughing at his "rapping" :lol:

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Dead Kennedys in September

San Jello, no?

Undertones was last night, not bad for a bunch of old men.

Paul McLoone does a decent Feargal Sharkey impersonation.

New Christs next weekend, Ed Kuepper in August, Fazerdaze in Sept, then At the Drive-in and Peter Hook's version of Joy Division/New Order in October.

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

I saw Margarita Pracatan in concert yesterday. Life goal achieved.

:lol:

In your 12 years of posting here, is this your gayest moment? 

CT levels of camp. 

I even forewent the Pride parade in central London to worship at the temple of Pracatan. That's some hardcore gayery right there. CT would be weeping into his Wham! B-sides.

On 09/07/2017 at 1:54 AM, sammynb said:

San Jello, no?

Yeah he's not played with them for years as far as I know. Taken to suing people who criticise him, dead punk rock that like :glare: 

Edited by PaddockLad

9 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Yeah he's not played with them for years as far as I know. Taken to suing people who criticise him, dead punk rock that like :glare: 

I was tempted but I can't get past Jello not being the singer. It's like a tribute band. 

I saw him at Rebellion Fest last year but his current stuff isn't really my cup of tea

Anyone with decent music taste, so PL, Alex, possibly J69, definitely not thompers, Amusement Parks on Fire are touring the UK in November and they are playing the Cluny on the 19th.

Unfortunately they have never played here but from all reports they put on a decent show.

• Like 1

On 29/06/2017 at 11:06 PM, Meenzer said:

We're coming up for a couple of the gigs at that Americana festival at the Sage in a few weeks' time. The stuff on the free stage looks canny too so get down there if the weather's decent and I'll shout all y'all a Virgin Mary. Yeehaw, etc 

And if that doesn't appeal, you can always go and see the Maltese lass who failed to qualify for the Eurovision final two years ago on the free stage at Pride on the Town Moor. #topweekendtips :good:

• 3 weeks later...

Saw Pennywise and Bad Religion in Blackpool on Thursday. Pennywise the better of the two and the best songs they played were Black Flag and Minor Threat covers

I didn't realise that Hermosa Beach, a town smaller than Chester le Street, has produced The Descendents, Circle Jerks, Black Flag and Pennywise 

Is it ok not to be a massive Ritchie fan?

Personally I think they're a better band now - but I'm 30 so it's almost certainly a generational thing :lol: 

• Meenzer changed the title to Gigs 2024