catmag

Gigs 2019

On 09/07/2017 at 1:54 AM, sammynb said:

San Jello, no?

Yeah he's not played with them for years as far as I know. Taken to suing people who criticise him, dead punk rock that like :glare: 

Edited by PaddockLad

9 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Yeah he's not played with them for years as far as I know. Taken to suing people who criticise him, dead punk rock that like :glare: 

I was tempted but I can't get past Jello not being the singer. It's like a tribute band. 

I saw him at Rebellion Fest last year but his current stuff isn't really my cup of tea

Anyone with decent music taste, so PL, Alex, possibly J69, definitely not thompers, Amusement Parks on Fire are touring the UK in November and they are playing the Cluny on the 19th.

Unfortunately they have never played here but from all reports they put on a decent show.

• Like 1

On 29/06/2017 at 11:06 PM, Meenzer said:

We're coming up for a couple of the gigs at that Americana festival at the Sage in a few weeks' time. The stuff on the free stage looks canny too so get down there if the weather's decent and I'll shout all y'all a Virgin Mary. Yeehaw, etc 

And if that doesn't appeal, you can always go and see the Maltese lass who failed to qualify for the Eurovision final two years ago on the free stage at Pride on the Town Moor. #topweekendtips :good:

Saw Pennywise and Bad Religion in Blackpool on Thursday. Pennywise the better of the two and the best songs they played were Black Flag and Minor Threat covers

I didn't realise that Hermosa Beach, a town smaller than Chester le Street, has produced The Descendents, Circle Jerks, Black Flag and Pennywise 

Is it ok not to be a massive Ritchie fan?

Personally I think they're a better band now - but I'm 30 so it's almost certainly a generational thing :lol: 

Ritchie Manic provided my favourite ever live music moment.....surveying the timeless Vale of Avalon sunset on the Friday night at Glastonbury 1993(?)  he uttered " aah they should build a couple of  by-passes over this fuckin shithole" :lol: 

I wonder what would have happened with them if he hadn't gone missing and was a functioning member....

how long would they have realistically lasted?

Going to Shambhala 2017 this weekend, line-up includes

The Orb

LTJ Bukem

DJ Jazzy Jeff

A-skills

Chali2na and the FunkHunters

Smalltown DJ's

Krafty Kuts 

etc. etc.

• Like 1

On 06/08/2017 at 9:51 PM, PaddockLad said:

Ritchie Manic provided my favourite ever live music moment.....surveying the timeless Vale of Avalon sunset on the Friday night at Glastonbury 1993(?)  he uttered " aah they should build a couple of  by-passes over this fuckin shithole" :lol: 

Pretty sure that was Nicky Wire. Ritchie was troubled but less of a cunt.

i pretty much lost interest in their music after the holy bible too. Loved the first three albums as a nipper and saw them at the uni when they were still a 4 piece, one of the best gigs I've ever been to.

39 minutes ago, tooner said:

Going to Shambhala 2017 this weekend, line-up includes

The Orb

LTJ Bukem

DJ Jazzy Jeff

A-skills

Chali2na and the FunkHunters

Smalltown DJ's

Krafty Kuts 

etc. etc.

Sounds canny.

On 8/9/2017 at 8:27 AM, Alex said:

Sounds canny.

Should be good, new wrinkle is that there is a forest fire about 10.5 km to the south-east so there is an evacuation alert in the area.  10000 festival goers and another 4-5000 in staff and volunteers would need to G.T.F.O. in a hurry if this fire flares up.

maybe i'm just not meant to see LTJ live.

Does indeed.

Saw a skills and krafty kuts b2b at the big chill a few years back and it was the set of the weekend. Proper party tunes mixed up with turntablism skills.

jazzy Jeff is still one of the best party djs going. saw him at plan b in Brixton a couple of years back and it was great to see an old timer embrace new technology. He was mixing and scratching old school party tunes on serrato.

I saw bukem at at the bussey building in Peckham the other week and He must be over 50 now but he was still mint.

Jazzy Jeff's fucking class. Much more talented than Will Smith (musically at least). Better at acting too going off the Fresh Prince :lol: Bukem is obvs totes amazeballs. Or he was when I was still alive