catmag

Gigs 2019

IT WAS AMAZING!!!! But a roller coaster as well as the evacuation was on and off, finally got some rain on Sunday morning so they decided to keep the festival going.  The Orb was great but a much different set than you'd expect at a festival, had loads of nods to their ambient house hits.  DJ Jazzy Jeff was one of the best sets of the weekend, his scratching is head and shoulders above most other Dj's, JFB was rediculous and we got to hang out with him on Sunday afternoon while he practiced his set.  Had never heard of WBBL and as such his set was the surprise of the weekend for me, played lots of classic tunes and you could tell how stoked he was to see the Fractal Forest going off the deep-end. Sadly LTJ didn`t make it to the festival, plane could land because of smoke. I took loads of video but the sound is fucking terrible, might try to clean it up a bit and will post them if it works out.

1 hour ago, strawb said:

Saw Interpol in London. Flew back from my holidays straight to London, was fucking done in but it was worth it.

Seen them a few times, always been excellent live.

Just used viagogo for the first time. Tickets for TheThe next June, only playing the Albert hall and Brixton the night after.  If Matt Johnson announces a nationwide tour next week I think I might have a breakdown :huh:

Edited by PaddockLad

I think it was Meenzer that originally mentioned 65daysofstatic all those years ago, amazing band.

Anyway one of the few shows they are playing this year, and I wish I could get there, is at the Boiler Shop in Newcastle, 5 December.

http://www.stephensonworks.com/tickets/2017/12/5/65daysofstatic

Go see them if you can.

I see The Fall, Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Liars are also playing at the Boiler Shop in October - you lucky bastards.

I saw The Fall playing at that BBC Radio 6 festival a couple of years ago. Mark E Smith was giving the band hell, turning all the amps up and messing with the keyboard. Generally being a dickhead, well worth a watch,

Marc Almond last night was fuckin insane, it was like being at some sort of vaudevillian cult meeting. All seated at the start by half way through there was 200 people in front of the stage, expressing what i can only describe as their devotion to the cult leader. He had a string quintet, 2 brass and four backing singers including a frankly unbeleivebly brilliant mezzo soprano called Kelly doing the high notes like on this live: 

Marc also sang Torch, which is just about the best song ever written. His voice is beyond beleif for someone getting on for 60, if you get a chance to see him do it :good:

20 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Marc Almond last night was fuckin insane, it was like being at some sort of vaudevillian cult meeting. All seated at the start by half way through there was 200 people in front of the stage, expressing what i can only describe as their devotion to the cult leader. He had a string quintet, 2 brass and four backing singers including a frankly unbeleivebly brilliant mezzo soprano called Kelly doing the high notes like on this live: 

Marc also sang Torch, which is just about the best song ever written. His voice is beyond beleif for someone getting on for 60, if you get a chance to see him do it :good:

Does he still drink a gallon of spunk before getting on stage though?

Picked up a couple of tickets for Jason Isbell on Monday night on the cheap. Canny support too (Tift Merritt) and the venue tends not to attract too many complete arseholes by London gig standards, so that'll be grand.

3 hours ago, Meenzer said:

Picked up a couple of tickets for Jason Isbell on Monday night on the cheap. Canny support too (Tift Merritt) and the venue tends not to attract too many complete arseholes by London gig standards, so that'll be grand.

Really fancied seeing him and his band but the closest gig was Birmingham, I believe and fuck that

On 10/27/2017 at 3:25 PM, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Really fancied seeing him and his band but the closest gig was Birmingham, I believe and fuck that

He streamed one of his shows in the US on Youtube recently, closest I'll get to seeing him live for the forseeable future ;)

My fears of senility have been abated - I saw that Billy Bragg is playing Islington next week and was sure I'd bought a ticket but nowt had arrived in the mail but I've found the confirmation and it's an e-ticket job.

Looking forward to it - must be about 17 or 18 years since I saw him.