Gigs 2024

catmag

@spongebob toonpants did you go to Sleaford Mods in the end mate?...We saw them last night at the Death Star apparently :lol:

The Prinwtorks at Surrey Keys in London.... I hadn't put 2 & 2 together till we were walking up to the gates.. turns out its Murdoch's old printing plant at Whapping, built to smash the power of thr print unions of Fleet Street in  the 80s, scene of huge riots with the police as unions picketed to stop the scab labour being bussed in..Great place for a gig but think it would be better for club nights etc 

20211202_202843.jpg

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

@spongebob toonpants did you go to Sleaford Mods in the end mate?...We saw them last night at the Death Star apparently :lol:

The Prinwtorks at Surrey Keys in London.... I hadn't put 2 & 2 together till we were walking up to the gates.. turns out its Murdoch's old printing plant at Whapping, built to smash the power of thr print unions of Fleet Street in  the 80s, scene of huge riots with the police as unions picketed to stop the scab labour being bussed in..Great place for a gig but think it would be better for club nights etc 

20211202_202843.jpg

Going tonight.

I remember those riots, we lived just round the corner and we used to do our regular Friday night pub crawl, round the 11 pubs between the river and the Highway in Wapping it was very entertaining watching that shit going down

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

20211202_202843.jpg

Amazing venue. I’ve been to loads of raves in there 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, spongebob toonpants said:

@PaddockLad great show last night, was so good to see live music again.

I've seen them a few times and they seem to be getting better and better. They really are much better live than on record. Angrier louder and funnier

Quite the twisted Yazoo cover as well

All in all a top night

Theyre a one off, theres never been anyone like them.... the lad with the beard is class, I could do his job :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • Meenzer changed the title to Gigs 2022 (🤞)

I've got no idea who they are but that sounds 80s as fuck and actually not all that bad.

I got my missus Blondie tickets for Christmas,  so there's a good chance I'll be stuck suffering one night in April. Looks like Johnny Marr is opening though so I might go willingly.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

:lol:

She's fucking brutal man. Sounds exactly like what you'd expect a scouse fishwife to sound like. 

It's a wierd stance that people have about kids who have auditioned for singing groups,that been selected by music professionals, that they are going to choose the ones that can't sing.

It's an easy put down, and its pretty sexist and snobbish to be honest

1 hour ago, spongebob toonpants said:

It's a wierd stance that people have about kids who have auditioned for singing groups,that been selected by music professionals, that they are going to choose the ones that can't sing.

It's an easy put down, and its pretty sexist and snobbish to be honest

Aye, sometimes these people hit on solid gold.

• Haha 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Gigs 2024