Gigs 2024

catmag

• 2 weeks later...

Seen them a couple of years ago in Newcastle. We were all hungover to fuck and didn't know they were playing Newcastle, walked past the academy and thought "that'll be a laugh" but it was sold out. We went to watch England vs Spain IIRC (1-0 Lampard ?) and had a few (6) recovery pints. Got in the Academy for £15 on the way back.

Missed the support but the Darkness were unreal, top class musicianship. They even played their Christmas song in like October or whatever.

Cracking gig!

• 3 weeks later...

Father John Misty was fucking tremendous at the Sage last night. Ludicrous showman and genuinely funny bloke and a good singer to boot.

Aye, different class. The cover of Nine Inch Nails was a highlight. I had standing tickets but was on the other side when he was in there, pogoing to True Affection sadly.

Father John Misty was fucking tremendous at the Sage last night. Ludicrous showman and genuinely funny bloke and a good singer to boot.

Heard him interviewed on 6Music, came across as a right arsehole.

Saw The Smiths Indeed on Saturday night, the best tribute band I've ever seen, absolutely spot on. That's the 2nd time I've seen them, first time was fairly empty but this time was a sell-out.

Adam ant in a fortnight. Really looking forward to it tbh, but its a sit down affair which will be strange!

Don't whistle the theme to The Good, The Bad and The Ugly when he walks on stage

• Meenzer changed the title to Gigs 2024