Gigs 2024

catmag

• Meenzer changed the title to Gigs 2021 (lol)
  • 3 months later...
On 27/01/2021 at 21:11, PaddockLad said:

We're off to London to see them..Fontaines DC in May is looking unlikely though... 😒

Been cancelled yet?

They just announced their rescheduled Australian tour for December, we bought tickets but there isn't a hope in hell of the show actually happening on the dates announced.

The Manics have a new album out soon and announced a tour for September - my reaction was that might be a bit soon for me but it turns out the London gig is Wembley Arena on December the 3rd so I've bought a ticket. 

Still not sure about it but we'll see. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

i'm going to this dnb festival in september :lol:

image.thumb.png.e9a07955cdbb87846241bfb97f9405b8.png

Genuinely thought you wrote "dnd" festival and few of those subtitles convinced me otherwise.

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, sammynb said:

Been cancelled yet?

They just announced their rescheduled Australian tour for December, we bought tickets but there isn't a hope in hell of the show actually happening on the dates announced.

26 October :shades:

also around then & heading into next year Garbage (current Mrs PL’s favourites) Echo & TB, Libertines, Charlatans, Stiff Little Fingers and Sleaford Mods in December somewhere near where Millwall play 👊

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

26 October :shades:

also around then & heading into next year Garbage (current Mrs PL’s favourites) Echo & TB, Libertines, Charlatans, Stiff Little Fingers and Sleaford Mods in December somewhere near where Millwall play 👊

And there's an advantage of living in Blighty, look at those local bands that can play local gigs, although PL the Charlatans were pants about five years ago when I saw them last, so hopefully they've had a chance to practice during lockdown.

Sleafords will be interesting, I kind of like there stuff, then it shits me to tears, then I like it - I see them as watching Bruceball and winning, you feel like you should celebrate but it doesn't feel right.

In early June Ed Kuepper (The Saints/Laughing Clowns) is playing a show with Jim White (drummer from The Dirty Three) at the Opera House which should be interesting but things are still really quiet here.

• Like 2

On 19/05/2021 at 13:49, Dr Gloom said:

i'm going to this dnb festival in september :lol:

image.thumb.png.e9a07955cdbb87846241bfb97f9405b8.png

:lol: Micky Finn! He looked fucking ancient about 25 years ago. I imagine it’s only solidified coke and amphetamines holding his body together at this point. Quality like. As are Ray Keith and Hype 

3 hours ago, Alex said:

:lol: Micky Finn! He looked fucking ancient about 25 years ago. I imagine it’s only solidified coke and amphetamines holding his body together at this point. Quality like. As are Ray Keith and Hype 

:lol: 

you can't see from the way the lineup has been embedded (white text against TT's white page), but Dillanja is playing a 94-98 set 😍 

...so hopefully me and my mates won't be the only middle aged farts unleashing some post-lockdown dad shapes.

i'm particularly excited about calibre's two hour set. he's the don as far as i'm concerned, fabio and marky too  😍 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Booked in for Rosalie Cunningham at Trillians in September, wahey. Wouldn’t mind kissing her between the cheeks either, if you know what I mean

Trillians is still a thing? Fucking hell. 

10 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Booked in for Rosalie Cunningham at Trillians in September, wahey. Wouldn’t mind kissing her between the cheeks either, if you know what I mean

Again. 
5a5a41.gif

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Got a text telling me to look at my emails last night about this from the musical masters of the universe Tickmaster: 

I'm ok,double jabbed, but there are amongst our company this evening some in their mere early/mid 30s scuttling around looking for NHS lateral flow tests....talk about short fuckin notice 😒

Screenshot_20210721-192727_Gmail.jpg

• Meenzer changed the title to Gigs 2024