Gigs 2024

catmag

2 hours ago, Alex said:

I saw Mel C at Rome Ciampino Airport once. She’s quite fit in real life. 

I saw Mick McCarthy in the local Tesco yesterday. He's a dashing man.

Premier League Football GIF by KICK

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

I’m going to see Beck in June.

I know about 2 of his songs but he is meant to be excellent live. If he doesn’t play those two songs I’ll be well

pissed off.

Saw him at Reading about 20 years ago - not bad but not my thing really. 

@PaddockLad Hey just seen Protomartyr are in your neck of the woods, so make sure you go see them, same with you @Ayatollah Hermione great band live.

http://home.protomartyrband.com/?fbclid=IwAR1kjNk9_qA1Fn3-yUVjL5CGwSt26uKNOLZp1DwvJdkc2USDwaAmz4U_Wrc

@Meenzer I'd recommend them for you also but they might be a little too Mark E Smith after midnight in the high street but if you can get over that I'd suggest going.

Edited by sammynb
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, sammynb said:

@PaddockLad Hey just seen Protomartyr are in your neck of the woods, so make sure you go see them, same with you @Ayatollah Hermione great band live.

http://home.protomartyrband.com/?fbclid=IwAR1kjNk9_qA1Fn3-yUVjL5CGwSt26uKNOLZp1DwvJdkc2USDwaAmz4U_Wrc

@Meenzer I'd recommend them for you also but they might be a little too Mark E Smith after midnight in the high street but if you can get over that I'd suggest going.

Brighton is 100 miles away mate....UK is huge, distances vast etc etc :D

• Jaysus... 1

10 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Brighton is 100 miles away mate....UK is huge, distances vast etc etc :D

Pussy, use to drive a 100km each way every time I went to a gig in my late teens, early 20s (so two/three times a week) as there was fuck all in the city I grew up in.

Plus you could always hit Spongebob up for a couch to sleep on if you're to tired to make it home.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, sammynb said:

Pussy, use to drive a 100km each way every time I went to a gig in my late teens, early 20s (so two/three times a week) as there was fuck all in the city I grew up in.

Plus you could always hit Spongebob up for a couch to sleep on if you're to tired to make it home.

Yeah mate, would you do it now in your 50s? :D

I used to do the 750 miles round trip to SJP and back in a day for 4pm sky super Sunday kick offs then get up for work....am fucked if I'd do it now mind..

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Yeah mate, would you do it now in your 50s? :D

I used to do the 750 miles round trip to SJP and back in a day for 4pm sky super Sunday kick offs then get up for work....am fucked if I'd do it now mind..

Yes, I've done it quite a few times in the last few years, actually travelling the opposite way, back to the city I grew up in, to see a few bands - times have changed and they get some decent acts now, well at least before covid.

The SJP round trip is impressive, I'm fucked if I can drag my sorry arse out of bed to watch our games live these days and I only have to get to the next room.

• 3 months later...
  • Meenzer changed the title to Gigs 2024