Firekite, Wednesday just gone.

Swans last night

Ed Kuepper on Saturday

Belle and Sebastian next week

Perfect Pussy the week after

HTRK and J Mascis later in Feb

65daysofstatic in March

didn't bother with Mascis the other week & away when B&S play City Hall

got Wave Pictures tomorrow at the Cumberland, then JAMC in Leeds Tues 16th & Fairport at Sage night after (when JAMC play Academy)

going to R6 Sunday for BSP & Wire only; possibly Saturday day for Pop Group

then nowt until Lee "Scratch" Perry April 10 & Andy Irvine week after

• 2 weeks later...

6 music festival at the academy was really good tonight. Wasnt a fan of sleater Kinney before tonight but they were excellent. Thought mogwai were something special too.

disappointed to miss out on Sat daytime tickets as wanted to see Pop Group, but looking forward to BSP & Wire tonight

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Prodigy supported by Public Enemy at the end of the year. Most looking forward to the support, if not the venue (arena)

Got Fun Loving Criminals tickets the same night as Reeves and Mortimer in the new year. If anyone else has a pair of R&M tickets for the City Hall and would be willing to swap you'd be a life saver.

• 2 weeks later...

Prodigy supported by Public Enemy at the end of the year. Most looking forward to the support, if not the venue (arena)

I read this post with a frisson of excitement the other day....seen Prodigy loads so was giving them a miss but as you say more than worth a ticket for the support...had a look at where they were playing but there was nothing near here that was do-able easily...even toyed with a weekend in Sheffield for the Saturday night gig there but couldn't really justify the cost, so was a bit pissed off..until last night when they announced what appears to be their last European gig of the year at the Bournemouth O2, 5 miles away...for some reason, I've never seen them so this has been the best part of 30 years in the making. Am stupidly exicited :D

Edited by PaddockLad

Serendipitous

Seen PE twice now, at Northumbria university and Digital. Both very small venues where i could smell their sweat. Great shows, but I'm wondering how well they can do as a support act in a large arena. Still excited though.

Turns out my Reeves and Mortimer tickets don't clash with Fun Lovin' Criminals \o/

Just for you Martin!

The Fall in October - heard this the other day from Mark E Smith.

Mark E. Smith, who has quipped "if it's me and your granny on bongos, then it's [the] Fall".

Brian Jonestown Massacre in November and maybe Shellac in early December.

Winter has gone now the tours commence.

The Sessions - A live re-staging of the Beatles at Abbey Road Studios will embark on an eleven-date UK Arena Tour in spring 2016 making a sensational must see North East debut at the Metro Radio Arena on Friday 6th May 2016.

Set in a state-of-the-art reproduction of the iconic Abbey Road Studio 2, The Sessions will stage breath-taking, musically spectacular new live renditions of the timeless albums recorded there by The Beatles, to take us on a joyous, thrilling, historically authentic voyage through the events that shaped popular music history.

Inspired by Here, There and Everywhere, the memoir of the show's Creative Consultant and Grammy-winning former Abbey Road sound engineer Geoff Emerick, The Sessions will be the closest an audience can get to experiencing The Beatles live and at the height of their glory.

No fewer than 45 people will take the stage to ensure that the experience is as sonically authentic to the original recordings as it is gloriously euphonic. The seven vocalists will comprise 2 'Johns' 2 'Pauls' 2 'Georges' and one 'Ringo' in order to recreate the albums' until-now inimitable vocal harmonies. A further seven musicians will use rare, vintage, historically accurate instruments to recapture the Beatles' renegade multi-instrumentalism, while a twenty-one piece orchestra will help awaken the dramatic, uplifting power of these legendary albums and songs using the exact musical arrangements of the originals, and eight Studio Technicians will help relive the 'Eureka' moments that created The Beatles' era-defining sound and changed recorded music forever.

Each of the albums recorded at Abbey Road will become a 'Suite' all of which form part of The Sessions' definitive Beatles Overture, driving the true story of how they made the records that shaped the next half century of popular music and culture.

This multi-million pound production is set in a painstakingly accurate replica of the world-renowned Abbey Road studio, designed and made by Stufish - the entertainment architects behind emblematic set designs for live shows including The Rolling Stones, AC/DC and U2.

Tickets costing £47.50 will go on sale 9.00am Friday

:lol:

Fuck off!!

I was going to compare this with a ticket for the bootleg beatles, think I paid a tenner to see them in 1994. But when I checked, they're charging £32 at the City hall as well. :o

Would anyone contemplate it?

CT?

:lol:

Fuck off!!

I was going to compare this with a ticket for the bootleg beatles, think I paid a tenner to see them in 1994. But when I checked, they're charging £32 at the City hall as well. :o

Would anyone contemplate it?

CT?

That Elvis live performance movie with live band should be touring soon if you want to collect the set.

Edited by sammynb

• Meenzer changed the title to Gigs 2024