Gigs 2024

catmag

• 4 weeks later...

How did you get on? I had a right fucking carry on. First card I tried to use blocked randomly, likely for some kind of additional security check. They'll be getting some serious abuse when they ring me later. Second card I tried to use, the securesuite thing was just going blank and freezing. Literally doing nothing whilst the "Your tickets are reserved for" countdown timer was critically low. I got there in the nick of time by ringing my Mam, screaming at her for her card details. She was wanting an explanation whilst wasting more time on this timer. So she got a FUCKING HURRY UP I'VE GOT 3 MINUTES LEFT as well. All good in the end though. 

Stewart Lee tonight seemed to be the broadest I've ever seen him.  Brexit voters are cunts, under 40s are self obsessed and can't appreciate a thing, a view or a moment.  Game of Thrones is Peter Stringfellow's Lord of The Rings and The internet is the new top of the pops - the home of music and sexual predators.  Consistent long and loud laughs, no long, silent, uncomfortable delays waiting for the nex punchline.

There was one bit where he went on far longer than any other comedian would, bashing his microphone against his palm with a stupid grin on his face and I was crying laughing at that.  Best bit of the night.

• 4 weeks later...

Seen them a couple of times in my youth. How much do you reckon Robert Smith regrets ever back combing his hair and putting on make up btw? It's just not dignified to be doing that as you approach pensionable age.

I've got a spare ticket to Therapy? at the Union Chapel tomorrow night if any of the London cool kids wants it. Lib Dem mate of mine is more bothered about volunteering at the Richmond Park by-election instead. :lol:

Was never a massive fan of The Cure but I think they did some quality stuff. I really liked that remix compilation they did (Mixed Up). The version of A Forest on there was class.

• Meenzer changed the title to Gigs 2024