Mock Offseason

santiagomn8

With this season pretty much a wash i was thinking about what we moves we could make in the summer transfer market to improve the team going forward. You can post your own mock offseasons or critique others. (Please no get rid of Mike Ashley we all know that is what we need/ wont happen)

I think we are going to sign Remi Garde before the winter transfer market ends. He fits the mold of what Mike Ashley wants in the "head coach" and makes sense for the club. As for the rest of this season all i hope for is to start getting players back healthy such as De Jong, Aarons, Santon and getting them game time. Give the young players some more chances such as Armstrong and Bigirimana. I believe we will end mid table somewhere between 8th-12th.

Now in the offseason:

A. Resign Players

Ryan Taylor/Sammy Ameobi- Both good squad players that add depth and love the club

B. Sell Players

Cisse- I think its now or never if we are going to sell him. He is 29 and honestly not the player we need at striker. We should capitalize on his recent run of form and sell him for about 9mil-12mil pounds.

Tiote- Basically same reasons as Cisse although with his poor form i think it will be harder to sell jim for a fee we would want. Hopefully he has a good African Cup and comes back and has a decent run of games and we can sell him for 8mi-10mil pounds.

Williamson/Vuckic- Williamson obvious reasons and Vuckic just hasent panned out. if we could get 2mil pounds total for both players I say make the move.

(I dont think we will sell Sissoko in the summer not becasue we dont want to or because he doesnt want to leave but i dont think a "big" club will make a move for him. while he has been great for us i dont see him making the starting 11 of any bigger club so its in his best interest to return to us have another great year and prove he is worth the move to a bigger club. only possibility i see is Liverpool they need a replacement for Gerrard while issoko is a different type of player i see they are linked to delph and sissoko is by far a better player so thats something to monitor going forward.)

C. Buy Players

*Mbiwa stays i dont think we accept the low offer Roma wants to offer and with Remi Garde i think he will play mbiwa and this will convince him to stay.

Danny Ings- Sign him for free this move makes too much sense. We get a young English striker who has proven he can score and has good pace and work ethic.

Steven Caulker- I think QPR will be relegated and we take advantage and buy Caulker for around 5-6 million pounds.

*now for the last sginings i have 2 options 1 is very optimistic and possibly unrealistic the second is very realistic. I would prefer the 1st but would be ok with the 2nd

1st option

Memphis Depay- We need creative pacy option across from Aarons and Depay offers that and more. I think he is still a year or 2 away from signing for a really big club and i think this move makes sens for both parties because we get Depay for i believe around 15mil pounds and if he keeps getting better we could sell him for double that in a year or 2. It makes sense for him because he comes to a better league and gets to show case his skills and we have a decent amount of Dutch players making the move smoother for him.

2nd option

Serge Gnarby- Sign him on loan from Arsenal he has EPL experience good pace and skillful player. With all the talent in front of him at Arsenal coming here for playing time makes sense for him/Arsenal. Hopefully we can get him with option to buy but im not sure if Arsenal would do that.

Renato Ibarra- Plays in the Dutch league and has had good success. He is an Ecuadorian winger that i would say is a little bit of a combination of Montero and A Valencia. He is still a raw and needs some coaching to reach potential but he is 23 has great pace and can be had for 3mil pounds making him a low risk high reward player.

D. Roster

Strikers:

Ayoze Perez

Danny Ings

Riviere

Adam Armstrong

Wingers:

Aarons

Obertan

Sammy Ameobi

Depay or Gnarby/Ibarra

Midfielders:

De Jong

Cabella

Sissoko

Abeid

Colback

Anita

Marveaux

*Bigirimana

Fullbacks:

Janmaat

Santon

Haidara

Ryan Taylor

Dummet (can be depth as both fullback/center back)

Center Back:

Coloccini

Mbiwa

Caulker

Lascelles

Steven Taylor

Keepers:

Krul

Darlow

Elliot

*Woodman

*can be loaned out

What do you guys think? What would you guys do in the offseason?

I think a lot of what you've set out makes sense. I'd still be keen for us to get another striker over the line though as even with Ings we're looking a bit light there. Plus we're probably going to be selling Perez on in the January window next year. If we get Garde then maybe we could go in for Lacazette. Unlikely I know, but there we are.

Definitely agree on moving Tiote on and Caulker would be a good step up on Williamson for sure. Would we pay his wages though?

Yeah, we missed the boat with Lacazette. But we he's further evidence that our scouting team know what they're doing (even if their suggestions aren't properly followed up on).

I'd not allow much time off during the summer and get the current squad and any new lads we sign used to Garde (if it's him) and his style.

I'd look to bring in at least 2 centre backs of 1st team quality. Love Van Dijk but I can't see him joining us ahead of a CL team. Don't think Lascelles is going to be a definite starter.

I'd want a striker that can play in Garde's style; no point us signing a big target man if Garde would get the most from a busy little guy. If we can get Ings or Austin I'd be happy with them, but equally content with trusting Carr et al to find us a forward from the European markets.

I'd want a right back to back-up Janmaat

Most importantly I'd make it clear to the club that trying in the cups is in no way a guarantee of relegation for a team capable of consistent top 10 finishes. Instead of fielding a weak team against Leicester in the cup, field a weak team against them in the league.

Bon

I wonder if Good and Lascelles were earmarked to come into the 1st team squad next year. Good was highly rated iirc but has been injured forever. Everyone seems to be saying Lascelles is crap.

Williamson is like a curse. We will never be free of him unless Carver pisses on each corner flag, or something.