Wayne Bridge

Footsoldier

Signed for Fuham for the rest of the season.

Disappointing that he'd chose a small team like Fulham as he was a player I really wanted to sign for us.

81877[/snapback]

He'd probably have post traumatic stress disorder playing at SJP every other week mind.

So we're going for players Fulham don't want know

Excellent \o/ \o/

81942[/snapback]

To be fair, Bridge was always going to stay down south, so I don't think we were ever in the running for him.

82006[/snapback]

Has Bridge or anyone else actually said this?

I haven't paid much attention to the deal but am interested to know why (if he hadn't insisted on staying in or near London) we weren't in for a proven premiership and international leftback availale on loan.

The again, since it would be a sensible and intelligent move to make, i can see clearly why we wouldn't be making it!

If the reports were true that we were trying desperately to get him on loan on the last day of the August transfer window, i cannot understand why we were not interested now?

82017[/snapback]

We wanted to buy him in summer, they didn't want to sell (at least that's what I heard).

Sensible choice by Bridge. The man still wants to play in the World Cup and is looking to get fit in time. Only a fool would have signed for Newcastle to work under the current training regime...

82332[/snapback]

Good point. Even with Souness bringing in his own staff there's still something that just isn't working for us behind closed doors. Who do we point the finger at?