John Carver Football Genius

Anorthernsoul

I can understand fines being handed out for stupid red cards but for a player in Colback's position yellow cards are part and parcel of the role. Seems unnecessary to me to fine him.

Edit: Though saying that, his tenth yellow was completely stupid.

Edited by ewerk

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Jonas:

'A little bit of it (whether he will play again) is in his hands.

'He can play (for the reserves), but you know when you're ready to go at Premier League level. I am waiting for the right time and it's not right at the moment. I can see that on the training ground.

'He has come back from a serious situation and I'm not putting any pressure on him.

'I don't know (if he will play again). I'd like to think so. It's got to be right. He's got to get in the team, in his position. He has to compete to get on the left hand side and there is a lot of competition there, more than we've had for a long time.'

What a lying sack of shit.

On Jonas:

What a lying sack of shit.

Aye, what he omits is that he can play at full-back which is a position in which there is virtually no competition at the minute. Not to mention that he could do a job in CM (especially in a 3).

Basically equates to: if there's an injury crisis and we need a result to stay up.

Spot on Alex it's a bit like Pardew against Hull when he was in the shit and played Cisse against doctors orders . Carver really is Pardew in disguise.

Was Carver asked by the press if Krul,Taylor or Colback broke a club curfew when they went to the Brits awards.He never said whether they did or did not,only that Krul and Colback trained well.

He was about them going out and said it was a day off.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/john-carver-no-qualms-newcastle-8727655

Let's face it lads, it was a stroke of genius to start Riviere instead of Perez, only Pardew could have topped that master plan. It was a mind-boggling ploy that had Villas defense in a turmoil until he was taken off.

Mind you, I think it would have been more genius related if had put Jonas on instead of Goofy.