John Carver Football Genius

Anorthernsoul

It was time for a change at the start of the season. Under the normal cycle of managerial changes anyway. This at least keeps the dynamic of change and progress open to debate. Also, every cunt hated him and wanted him to go (whether I agree or not), so it was going nowhere given the circumstances and level of board support expected.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, you wanted a change at the start of the season (after spending £37m), but you're happy with the change, just because it is a change, even though you don't think the change in a manager has made a difference (and you didn't anticipate that it would) and also because the fans (who you didn't agree with) wanted a change and the change has resulted in our getting an inferior manager (as per your previously stated opinion) and you anticipate this lesser manager getting a crack at the job on a 'permanent' basis?

Ok

The football was shite under Pardew because that's the football Pardew has always played.

Madness to think the players are the reason for the poor football imo

I think they're a factor like, Dave.

Missed the word "main".

But to be fair Colo would be playing no matter what & he's been shit this season, so I suppose what I mean is that Pardew & Carver are shit but it's reasonable to expect a good coach (like Garde)would get better performances and thus better football with the same players.

If Ashley gets Garde or A.N. Other in the summer it's going to cost a small fortune firstly getting rid of Carver & co . Then whoever gets the gig are going to want their own backroom staff & quite a few new players we're talking £ millions. As we know with Ashley everything is based on profit i can't seeing him go through the hassle of spending lots of money just to do what Carver is doing already i.e. premiership survival. Had the club stated that they fancied a crack at the cups or title ( i know ) then i may have believed their intention of signing a decent headcoach/manager. As it is Carvers doing a good enough job for Ashley & will probably get the job full time in the summer purely for financial reasons.

I used to be of the opinion that Pardew dragged the players down (and tbh I do still believe that) but I certainly believe now that there's not enough of them who are good enough. Krul, Janmaat, Sissoko, Colback, Cabella, Perez, Cisse & SDJ are about the only ones who I'd be really bothered about keeping. That leaves us with some gaping holes in the squad that any manager would struggle with. I'm still quite certain Carver is clueless and we need someone considerably better. If he's appointed permanently I think we'll be right down the bottom of the table next season.

Carver and co. won't be getting paid that much and will almost certainly have max settlements in their contracts.

Garde is a free agent so no compensation to his old club would be needed.

He'd be able to communicate more easily with players we bring in since we're still mostly scouring France and will have insight into that market that our current staff don't (apart from Carr of course but he is 70 now and won't go on forever).

Bringing Garde in could well be the first step towards how the club deals with life without our super scout.

So, you wanted a change at the start of the season (after spending £37m), but you're happy with the change, just because it is a change, even though you don't think the change in a manager has made a difference (and you didn't anticipate that it would) and also because the fans (who you didn't agree with) wanted a change and the change has resulted in our getting an inferior manager (as per your previously stated opinion) and you anticipate this lesser manager getting a crack at the job on a 'permanent' basis?

Ok

My version was clearer. Carver has done ok in all fairness, easier to judge now he's had a few games. What I anticpate is pessimistic.

Pardew's time at the club was over, I said so after 7 or 8 games into the season. I thought he did ok too overall under the circumstances. Those circumstances include being hated by a lot of supporters. Given the level of support he had, a change was as good as a rest, as they say. It's not exactly harmed us massively him going so no issues for me now he's gone.

The players we have make it a difficult job for whoever gets the role, hope we get better but seems just as likely we won't.

The football was shite under Pardew because that's the football Pardew has always played.

Madness to think the players are the reason for the poor football imo

Yeah pretty much. Look at Swansea they play a nice brand of football and their players aren't anything special compared to us. Shit even Brisbane Roar here in Australia play what is considered some nice football and they are virtually Conference level quality players.

My version was clearer. Carver has done ok in all fairness, easier to judge now he's had a few games. What I anticpate is pessimistic.

Pardew's time at the club was over, I said so after 7 or 8 games into the season. I thought he did ok too overall under the circumstances. Those circumstances include being hated by a lot of supporters. Given the level of support he had, a change was as good as a rest, as they say. It's not exactly harmed us massively him going so no issues for me now he's gone.

The players we have make it a difficult job for whoever gets the role, hope we get better but seems just as likely we won't.

As it turns out, getting rid of him 7 or 8 games in would've been a mistake since it would have cost the club about £4m (the comp Pardew would've had to receive plus what Palace then paid us) which could've been spent on a new coach for next season.

For most people, my supportive view of Pardew was completely wrong (which was really about the extenuating circumstances he was under). As soon as i changed that view, we then went on an amazing winning run, so i was wrong about that too.

I'm comfortable being wrong about things every now and again as i'm usually right about everything.

For most people, my supportive view of Pardew was completely wrong (which was really about the extenuating circumstances he was under). As soon as i changed that view, we then went on an amazing winning run, so i was wrong about that too.

I'm comfortable being wrong about things every now and again as i'm usually right about everything.

Yeah, dead comfortable :lol: :lol: :lol: