John Carver Football Genius

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fucking gold that thread :lol:

just re-read from start to finish. HT to trophyshy for the bit below (sorry about formatting problems).

and good work from gemmil too.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:06 AM

'J69', on 04 May 2012 - 11:04 AM, said:snapback.png

I was laughing at how much FAIL you have shown in this thread. I'm all for having a sense of humour. Give me the ability to alter your posts and we can both have a good laugh together. As it stands, it's only really fun for one of us.

Now you're talking, let us all alter each other's posts. Anarchy FTW.
Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:11 AM

I didn't write that. That's not funny anymore guys.

RIP NUFC

Edited by Dr Gloom

Am cool as fuck throughout that, its pure gold. TRS thinks me taking the piss is somehow throwing toys out of the pram and on page 9 when Gemmill says 'if you really dont give a shit, dont be a mod' i thought aye spot on i dont give enough of a shit.

I'm obviously a bit odd, i like CSD for example, think he is funny. Re-read that and apart from being deliberately obstreperous with Gemmill, stand by anyting i've said there.

Am cool as fuck throughout that, its pure gold. TRS thinks me taking the piss is somehow throwing toys out of the pram and on page 9 when Gemmill says 'if you really dont give a shit, dont be a mod' i thought aye spot on i dont give enough of a shit.

I'm obviously a bit odd, i like CSD for example, think he is funny. Re-read that and apart from being deliberately obstreperous with Gemmill, stand by anyting i've said there.

I'm like your guru, showing you the way. I talked you down not just from establishing a set of rules but out of the job altogether.

I think you were a little bit too earnest in the OP for anyone to buy the above :lol:

I'm like your guru, showing you the way. I talked you down not just from establishing a set of rules but out of the job altogether.

i think i missed that bit. is chez not a mod anymore like?

you and others were spot on though. this place doesn't need any rules, it just needed rid of one tedious bore for it to continue functioning as normal.

the only thing i would say is we could do with a few new posters. obviously what ashley has done to the club has made things on the toon board go a bit stale but the general chat doesn't move as quickly as it used to either these days. a lot of the old school posters have walked, which is a shame, and the new recruits aren't exactly flooding in.

the new recruits aren't exactly flooding in.

Probably precisely reflecting the fan base in general. Who the fuck could get enthused to follow this festering gravy train?

I think you were a little bit too earnest in the OP for anyone to buy the above :lol:

Where i say we dont need rules but we might need them? I suppose it does sound like that tend. I was asked to be a mod to help solve a problem that everyone was complaining about. That OP was my shit attempt at solving it. The next 10 pages are funny. The view that you should be able to just ignore people was shared by HF and i haven't changed that view either. I am literally horizontal about this issue too. There is a certain earnestness that comes from thanking people (Ant) and trying to help, you're right. That's not in any way inconsistent with self-effacement nor light-heartedness. I'd expect a student of Wilde to at least recognise that.

Where i say we dont need rules but we might need them? I suppose it does sound like that tend. I was asked to be a mod to help solve a problem that everyone was complaining about. That OP was my shit attempt at solving it. The next 10 pages are funny. The view that you should be able to just ignore people was shared by HF and i haven't changed that view either. I am literally horizontal about this issue too. There is a certain earnestness that comes from thanking people (Ant) and trying to help, you're right. That's not in any way inconsistent with self-effacement nor light-heartedness. I'd expect a student of Wilde to at least recognise that.

It continues... :ph34r:

Fuck me :lol: That's classic forum politics right there! Love it, nice to see a bit of passion - especially from Gemmill. He's Yoga'd it all away these days.

I only come alive like that when our human rights are threatened.

A student of Shakespeare would say the lady doth protest too much.