John Carver Football Genius

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Astounding!!

In a filmed press interview how the fuck can Carver say Riviere was astounding today. I want some of what he's on.

Maybe he was using it in a different context, kind of like the "breathtaking" bit from an old Seinfeld episode..... No, he's really that out of touch with reality. Edited by Graing

It's a bit ridiculous how over the top elated he seemed with the performance and result. There was some response from the players I guess and it's the best they've played in a long time but we only managed a draw at home to a team that have fuck all to play for and look like they already have their suitcases packed. It's clear that yet again we're relying on something special from Perez or Cisse to have any hopes of picking up points, just hope QPR and West Ham look as unmotivated as West Brom looked today.

He's probably just delighted that he's stopped the hugely embarrassing run of defeats. I agree basically though, the whole team is continuing to play utterly shit bar a few individuals having the odd decent moment. Carver alienated the entire dressing room last week by the sounds of it and is now probably trying to pull them back on board. He's utterly hopeless at this management stuff, it's actually astounding that a) he's exactly as bad as we all thought he would be, b] that he's exactly as embarrassing as we thought he would be and c) the board couldn't see this coming.

Edited by Rayvin

The board couldn't see it coming? :lol:

Charnley probably thought it was an easy win for himself to show to his boss. Money in the bank for old manager, no outlay for new manager, enough points on board if he's shit and save half a season of wages on new manager or carver does well and it's seen as shrewd and cheap appointment. Luverly jubberly.

To be fair to him, the squad has been shamefully weakened over the last couple of years. He's still not up to it, but as ever, the problem stems from above as I honestly don't think future England Guvnor, Pards, would've done much better with the rank bad personel we've had to pick from.

Was talking to a bloke at work the other day who was once running the line at a local game a few years ago when Carvs was still playing. Apparently he was still acting the cunt even then as he stormed over from one side of the pitch to the other have a go at a raised flag by my workmate. My workmate is getting on a bit now and a real character but had a, well, lets say 'a bit of a reputation' back in the day so when Carvs 'stormed over' to within twenty yards of the bloke in question he obviously twigged and thought a bit better of his hardman act before giving the thumbs up to my colleague and getting on with the game. :lol:

Carver's son had a birthday party down at Royal Quays years ago, group of kids playing 5-a-side. Carver joins in, doesn't mess about. Lunges into a tackle full blooded and wipes a kid out, bearing in mind it was a 10th birthday party.

It was a 1-1 home draw it was one point we needed all 3 yesterday after Sunderlands win. The way Carver's going on you'd think we were safe in fact we're far from it. For a few minutes yesterday when we dropped to 18th i thought yes well at least this might get rid of Ashley. What an awful thought to have but i suppose it's the realisation that this is how our future seasons could pan out if we stay up.

It's a bit ridiculous how over the top elated he seemed with the performance and result. There was some response from the players I guess and it's the best they've played in a long time but we only managed a draw at home to a team that have fuck all to play for and look like they already have their suitcases packed. It's clear that yet again we're relying on something special from Perez or Cisse to have any hopes of picking up points, just hope QPR and West Ham look as unmotivated as West Brom looked today.

He absolutely loves himself. Someone has to I suppose.

The first link is to an article about the SNP being Marxists. :o

:lol: It could have been worse.

:lol:

It was supposed to be this....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3075952/John-Carver-incapable-manager-Newcastle-United-Premier-League-survival-t-hide-need-new-boss.html

Heard a tale last night of a chat between a fan and an ex-England and Man U player regarding our man Carver. The ex player knows carver well and is pally with him. According to the tale I heard the player stuck up for carver and said Carver has been offered the job next year but told the ex-player he would knock the job back if we get relegated.

Don't shoot the messenger!

There is no reason to employ Carver full-time beyond people expecting the absolute worst possible scenario at every turn because things are shit. People say Ashley traditionally promotes from within yet; Keegan wasn't here, Kinnear wasn't here, Shearer wasn't here, Kinnear wasn't here, Pardew wasn't here. So far he's promoted Hughton and Carver, both in temporary positions.

People say he's terrible at appointing managers; Keegan was so obviously an effort to get the fans on-side, as was Shearer, Hughton's promotion was warranted and praised by most, Pardew is a bang average manager but achieved what Ashley wanted. Kinnear and Carver's promotion have been disastrous, but in my eyes Ashley is 3/6. When he's good he's average, when he's bad he's awful.

Jesus, people were saying it was definitely going to be O'Leary. Then it was nailed on McClaren, now it's definitely Carver. I'd not be surprised to be linked to Redknapp, Atkinson and Curbishley.