John Carver Football Genius

Anorthernsoul

Nope.

Ashley can get a decent coach paid for by the Pardew payment that will also get higher up the league than Carver is capable of, thereby bringing more money from the league position pay out for minimal outlay.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashley could get a decent coach paid for by the Pardew payment that will also get higher up the league than Carver is capable of, thereby bringing more money from the league position pay out for minimal outlay.

Rose-cunted glasses removed.

I don't think what I've said is unreasonable? I'm not saying we'll be gunning for the title any time soon. Simply that stating we're going to suffer Carver beyond May doesn't scan with Ashley's goals.

Make no mistake, Carver would get us relegated if he has a full season.

Ashley will have to spend on a coach and backroom staff probably more than the Pardew money. Then he would have to spend on players which any other manager will definitely want. Carver will just accept anything that he's given we'll probably get a couple of players in the summer just to pad the squad out a bit unfortunately we are a money making machine for Ashley nothing else as we'll see when the accounts are published now if he could just find a way of getting rid of that pesky football bbusiness.

And he still might. Is there any evidence to suggest Ashley has moved on from his JFK-fuck-it-that'll-dee approach? Carver will be frantically pointing to his threadbare squad and 'needing time to settle' shite etc. Ashley might buy it along with just enough talent to keep us up next year.

Edit @fish

Edited by trophyshy

And he still might. Is there any evidence to suggest Ashley has moved on from his JFK-fuck-it-that'll-dee approach? Carver will be frantically pointing to his threadbare squad and 'needing time to settle' shite etc. Ashley might buy it along with just enough talent to keep us up next year.

Edit @fish

Carver isn't someone that took the job and is now fighting for it.

He's someone who they've let stick around until the summer.

"He's someone who they've let stick around until the summer"

Then have to pay him and his mates off as well as paying for the new guy and his mates and new players i can't see Ashley wanting to pay out especially when he's got Carver who's grateful to do as he's told at no further expense.

Edited by trooper

I just don't know anymore. I know what I'd do if I was Ashley but the guy is such a fucking moron that he's definitely capable of hiring Carver full time. Rationalising doesn't seem to make any difference.

It has concerned me for instance that a board which has previously not said a damn thing about the stupidity of their decisions has come out and admitted they've left Carver short staffed.

It also bothers me that Carver is totally happy to talk about selling on players like Perez and is having conversations with Man City about it as if hawking the players is part of his job. Why would they let him do that?

If he's hired though, I'm done.

You saying you're not a cunt?

You cunt. :)

Now come on, play the white man, I never said that. I said 'that set of cunts', which doesn't imply an absence of cuntery herewith. Or anywhere else for that matter.

"He's someone who they've let stick around until the summer"

Then have to pay him and his mates off as well as paying for the new guy and his mates and new players i can't see Ashley wanting to pay out especially when he's got Carver who's grateful to do as he's told at no further expense.

I honestly think you're letting your dislike of the man colour your judgement. Ashley's priorities are;

Have a premier league vehicle for Sports Direct.

Keep costs within certain parameters

I'm not expecting him to pay top dollar for anything, but to say he'd risk his number one priority to save what would be a nominal sum in the scheme of things, is a little narrow sighted.

Put bluntly, a cheap Carver isn't worth the risk.

Pardew wasn't worth the risk either but he took it.

Wasn't he? Fuck all wages, kept us up, was a handy buttress against the fury of the dans.

I'd say he was very much worth the risk for Ashley.

I can hardly wait to see what stroke of genius Carver will conjure up against Arse n'all.

Here's what I would do under the current circumstances. Who dares, wins.

...................................Krul.

Raylor......Janmaat..........Willo.......Jonas.

Anita........Sissoko.......Colback

Cabella.......Perez.......Sammy.

I just wish there was someone other than Willo.

If you will notice, Carver started 10 of the players I listed, Differences were he started Gouffran where Colback should have been, and put Colback left back where I think Jonas should have been. I think the result may have been different had Jonas started instead of Gouffran.

Edited by Noelie

We might as well just not have a manager. Each week draw straws between the players and whoever gets the short one is manager for the week.

I could see Williamson having the tactical nous to drop himself.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/john-carver-says-newcastle-united-8897688

"United have not contacted anbody regarding the head coach slot at this stage"

So after all these 80 or 90 applications they haven't even drawn a short list of potential candidates. I would have thought they'd have the new guy lined up as soon as the final whistle went against West Ham unless he's already in place.

Edited by trooper

It just makes no sense, I get the "he's the cheap option" argument but ultimately it's going to end in relegation or a bunch of panic buys every January to try and narrowly avoid it. Just when we're finishing paying off the fat cunt for the last relegation debacle we're being put in a position where there's a chance he might do something that will clearly increase future relegation possibilities.