John Carver Football Genius

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More than Remi Garde certainly

Never said it would 100% be Garde, just someone more of his ilk, than of Carver's

you know you're setting yourself up for a spectacular fall here, fish.

Might be, but have you read Howey's "insight"?

He's stuck in the 90s man.

Never said it would 100% be Garde, just someone more of his ilk, than of Carver's

Might be, but have you read Howey's "insight"?

He's stuck in the 90s man.

i just find it weird that you're so confident it won't be carver, and that it's more likely to be someone like garde or of his ilk. ashley has shown time and time again that he will surpass our lowest expectations. i'm all for keeping the faith, but not as long as this cunt is making the calls.

i just find it weird that you're so confident it won't be carver, and that it's more likely to be someone like garde or of his ilk. ashley has shown time and time again that he will surpass our lowest expectations. i'm all for keeping the faith, but not as long as this cunt is making the calls.

If Carver had coached any kind of performances or flukes any kind of results from these games then maybe. But people saying we'll install Carver as the permanent manager are ignoring the irrefutable fact; Ashley wants premier league football played at the stadium bearing his logo.

If Carver had coached any kind of performances or flukes any kind of results from these games then maybe. But people saying we'll install Carver as the permanent manager are ignoring the irrefutable fact; Ashley wants premier league football played at the stadium bearing his logo.

...yes, and he wants it on the the cheapest possible budget with yes men that will do what they're told. so in that sense, carver fits the bill, particularly if he keeps us up this time around.

not saying he'll definitely get it. but i certainly wouldn't rule him out of the running like you are. we have too much experience with ashley's bizarre decision-making. you're in danger if ending up with egg on your face here.

...yes, and he wants it on the the cheapest possible budget with yes men that will do what they're told. so in that sense, carver fits the bill, particularly if he keeps us up this time around.

not saying he'll definitely get it. but i certainly wouldn't rule him out of the running like you are. we have too much experience with ashley's bizarre decision-making. you're in danger if ending up with egg on your face here.

He hasn't though, has he.

Pardew magicked one of his unusual runs and that has us where we are. Carver hasn't "kept us up" he's done nothing to prove he could keep us up which is why I repeat; it won't be Carver.

That's the trouble though isn't it, if I'm right, I'm right and nobody gives a toss (including me), if I'm wrong in predicting less than the very worst scenario I'm the idiot and everyone was just upset at the time. :lol:

It's like the lads convinced we will be relegated every season, it's worth it for them if it happens once in a blue moon.

I tend to agree with Fish that I can't see it happening. There is still that slight doubt though as Ashley is a massive bellend and for all his business acumen seems to be pretty daft when it comes to the football side of things.

My fear is that Carver will somehow manage to muster up a speech (penned by a crack team of Ryder and Stone) where he points out that the team survived this season despite a record breaking 11 losses in a row to end the season but things can't possibly be as bad after a summers training as a (further depleted) squad. Charnley will nod as he's not sure if he's allowed to say no in Ashley's presence and that football mastermind's agreement will convince Mike that Carvs is the man to storm into the 2015/16 season making it a record shattering one.

I tend to agree with Fish that I can't see it happening. There is still that slight doubt though as Ashley is a massive bellend and for all his business acumen seems to be pretty daft when it comes to the football side of things.

My fear is that Carver will somehow manage to muster up a speech (penned by a crack team of Ryder and Stone) where he points out that the team survived this season despite a record breaking 11 losses in a row to end the season but things can't possibly be as bad after a summers training as a (further depleted) squad. Charnley will nod as he's not sure if he's allowed to say no in Ashley's presence and that football mastermind's agreement will convince Mike that Carvs is the man to storm into the 2015/16 season making it a record shattering one.

Or HMHM